• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaberle

2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

242 posts in this topic

@Slug

You worried bro? I went to game one and the nervous energy from the Caps fans was palpable, the Leafs have been the best team to this point. What started as "Caps in three" has now become "they better win three of four."

@apoc81

Bruins got robbed on that no call, but the OT winner was a thing of beauty. 

4 hours ago, kaberle said:

@Slug

You worried bro? I went to game one and the nervous energy from the Caps fans was palpable, the Leafs have been the best team to this point. What started as "Caps in three" has now become "they better win three of four."

I'm not worried because I didn't have high expectations going it.  This is the Caps.  Every year they're regular season superstars then phone it in for the playoffs.  They tear it up all year then promptly make a first or second round playoff exit.  I'm still hoping they stop screwing around and put the Leafs away, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if they just fall apart at this point.  If they do go on to lose this round at the very least I'm happy that it won't be to the Rangers or Penguins again.

5 hours ago, kaberle said:

@Slug

@apoc81

Bruins got robbed on that no call, but the OT winner was a thing of beauty. 

Man, I was just coming to post this. That no-call was such shit,  But still, it's 2-1, there's lots of hockey left. 

2 hours ago, Slug said:

I'm not worried because I didn't have high expectations going it.  This is the Caps.  Every year they're regular season superstars then phone it in for the playoffs.  They tear it up all year then promptly make a first or second round playoff exit.  I'm still hoping they stop screwing around and put the Leafs away, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if they just fall apart at this point.  If they do go on to lose this round at the very least I'm happy that it won't be to the Rangers or Penguins again.

Watching them you can see they lack confidence: they're in their own heads. 3-1 lead with the leafs on the ropes you get a two minute two man advantage and don't put them away. The minute they blew that I knew the leafs were coming back to make a game of it. I want ovi to get his cup but the caps playoff demons are there in full force.

1 hour ago, apoc81 said:

Man, I was just coming to post this. That no-call was such shit,  But still, it's 2-1, there's lots of hockey left. 

A deliberate shot to the head with no calljust to call the follow up swing? Brutal. Sens haven't looked solid so it's a very winnable series.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Sharks up 5-0 

That's such a weird series.

@Slug @apoc81 @Rbk_3

I just bought tickets to game 5, I've already dropped over 1k on tickets to this point. If game 7 happens my girl is staying home.

6 hours ago, kaberle said:

@Slug @apoc81 @Rbk_3

I just bought tickets to game 5, I've already dropped over 1k on tickets to this point. If game 7 happens my girl is staying home.

shit, you got a woman now?

I think I said this last year but I never watch any regular season hockey but when the Stanley Cup Playoffs begin I just become obsessed with it. Something special about these matchups and watching these guys give everything they have on the ice. It's really one of the most special things I've ever watched in sports. 

FYI for anyone interested. EA NHL 17 is currently on sale for $19.99 on the PS Store. Just downloaded it. 

You can't win a game in the first but you can lose it in the first. Great effort buds lol. Jesus 

17 hours ago, kaberle said:

@Slug @apoc81 @Rbk_3

Going to be a great game, series looks like it will be tied after tonight

21 hours ago, apoc81 said:

shit, you got a woman now?

The mexican girl again.

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Going to be a great game, series looks like it will be tied after tonight

Even though they shit the bed in the first period they still made a  game of it. The Caps seriously have no killer instinct. 

On 2017-04-19 at 4:24 AM, kaberle said:

@Slug @apoc81 @Rbk_3

Probably cost you 1/10th the price they would have been in Toronto. We needed it last night. That sloppy ass play on the 5th goal made me sick to my stomach. Like what in the hell are you doing....

This game is giving me a heart attack.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

On 4/20/2017 at 4:41 PM, Rbk_3 said:

Probably cost you 1/10th the price they would have been in Toronto. We needed it last night. That sloppy ass play on the 5th goal made me sick to my stomach. Like what in the hell are you doing....

For my seats the price was reasonable honestly. 

17 hours ago, Slug said:

This game is giving me a heart attack.

Some of you fellow fans are fucking morons. Like, no grasp on some basic rules ffs. Such an annoyance to sit around people like that. 

1 hour ago, kaberle said:

Oilers move on, ducks oilers is gonna be a great series.

I was screaming and cursing for the last 10 minutes.  It was a little crazy.

The Ducks will be tough.  The Oilers have played them close but have come out on the losing side more than I'd like.

But playoffs are another ball game so.......

Happy about the Oilers, but holy fuck, puck dropped and i'm stomach sick. 

im watching Caps/Leafs right now, pretty good game so far, both teams playing hard

Some of you fellow fans are fucking morons. Like, no grasp on some basic rules ffs. Such an annoyance to sit around people like that. 

.. wut?

25 minutes ago, Slug said:

.. wut?

You should've been your. 

Plus the faxt the crowd rows gets excited every time the caps have a guy coming through the neutral zone with speed. Could be a one on three abd they're still freaking out. Ugh

Also this damn game.

You should've been your. 

Ok that makes sense now. I was like, "what the fuck did I say?!"

This is a tense game right now.