Hurdyb1

NBA Playoffs 2016-2017 DISCUSSION!!!!

Hurdyb1    899

I had to get this started because we got some good Day 1 games!!!!

Western Conference

1 Golden State Warriors VS 8 Portland Trailblazers

2 San Antonio Spurs VS 7 Memphis Grizzlies

3 Houston Rockets VS 6 Oklahoma City Thunder

4 LA Clippers VS Utah Jazz

Eastern Conference

1. Boston Celtics VS 8 Chicago Bulls

2 Cleveland Cavaliers VS 7 Indiana Pacers

3 Toronto Raptors VS 6 Milwaukee Bucks

4 Washington Wizards VS 5 Atlanta Hawks

Hurdyb1    899

I am mad that I turned the Pacers and Cavs game off. Had no clue but should have known that the Cavs D would have to have close games. Very smart risk by the Cavs to double on Paul George to get the ball out of his hands at the end of the game. 

Hurdyb1    899

Before things move forward

In the first round I got 

Boston in 5 (this may change knowing that Thomas lost his sister tragically, RIP)

Cavs in 4

Toronto in 4 (this was prior to the Bucks owning game one)

Wiz in 7

Warriors in 4

Spurs in 4

OKC in 7

Clippers in 6

Anzo    583

Blazer gave the Warriors a game until the 4th. I have tickets to Game 4 of this series so hopefully it is to watch the Warriors sweep! :sun: 

Anzo    583
20 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

NICE!!!!!!!!! That should be amazing!

Yeah!! I was lucky enough to get in on the initial sale so they were ~$30 a piece. Sure they are nosebleeds but being there with my kids will be half the fun.

Hurdyb1    899

Dude it's a playoff game. That atmosphere is 100x as hype as a regular season game. I had the opportunity to go to a Bulls and Wizards playoff game a few years back. The Bulls lost but it was so worth going for the energy in the United Center. 

The kids and you will have major fun. 

Hurdyb1    899

Bulls take game 1!!!!!

Many folks in Chicago are calling the series for the Bulls. I called them crazy before this series but if they can limited the other Celtics from contributing cause Thomas is going to get his, maybe some can work in the Bulls favor........maybe. 

Chairslinger    3,951
2 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Bulls take game 1!!!!!

Many folks in Chicago are calling the series for the Bulls. I called them crazy before this series but if they can limited the other Celtics from contributing cause Thomas is going to get his, maybe some can work in the Bulls favor........maybe. 

Man, the Bulls tried to give that game away at the end.

Still, they looked good and I think they exposed real weaknesses with Boston that could make this less of a fluke and more of a bona fide possibility of a 8 seed upset.

Hurdyb1    899

Thunder better come with a much better game plan for game 2. Rockets are getting too many easy points in the paint. Also, Thunder need to take better shots. Much of the reason for the Rockets out rebounding the Thunder was due to bad shots that led to easy rebounds for the Rockets. 

Hurdyb1    899

I didn't get to watch as much basketball as I wanted to last night. When I did tune into the Spurs game, it was OVER. 

Cavs talking about this switch turning on. If they haven't done it yet, it's not coming. If they are having defensive concerns with the Pacers, they are going to have some heavy difficulty as the playoffs advance.