Sign in to follow this  
Reputator

The Official Thread for PixelPipes!

4XUIkcg.jpg

After nearly a year of working on this project, I decided there was a lot more about the history of graphics cards that I wanted to cover. So it's sort of grown into its own YouTube channel!

I'm giving DayOnePatch exclusive access to the first three videos on the channel! This is a show of my appreciation for all the encouragement so many of you have given me since the start of this project.

My intent was to release a video a week, but after over a month just working on three videos, it's pretty clear to me this will not be possible with a full time job, and the level of quality I'm shooting for. That being said, please excuse the poor mic quality and crude camera work. I'm on a very tight budget.

Because you're getting the first three videos, it will be a long time before you see another one, so please bear that in mind.

Thanks again to everyone! I hope you all find something to enjoy on my new channel!

4 minutes ago, Kyio said:

Awesome! Congrats on this and thanks for the exclusive :D

I think I do! ;)

55 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

OG nForce or nForce 2? 

I MUST KNOW 

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

NF7-S 2.0, the memories.

Yep. It seems like everyone had that board during that time, unless they used Intel.

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

Yep. It seems like everyone had that board during that time, unless they used Intel.

Phenomenal board, wish I would have kept my old hardware. :(

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127166 it even had nvidia soundstorm which was great for its time.

Interestingly NVIDIA made the chipset for the Xbox, and used Soundstorm tech for the sound.

Good stuff. I think at some point it would be interesting to delve into consoles with modified PC hardware.

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

Interestingly NVIDIA made the chipset for the Xbox, and used Soundstorm tech for the sound.

Good stuff. I think at some point it would be interesting to delve into consoles with modified PC hardware.

Yeah it was strange times back then, that would be cool as well.

I watched the first one last night and was sad the other two weren't available, I was really getting into it. Will watch the other 2 today.

And I must say, beginning the series with a squeaky ass desk chair as the very first sound is about as classic PC gaming as it gets.

37 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I watched the first one last night and was sad the other two weren't available, I was really getting into it. Will watch the other 2 today.

And I must say, beginning the series with a squeaky ass desk chair as the very first sound is about as classic PC gaming as it gets.

lmao, this damn chair I swear to god. :lol:

If any of you guys happened to watch all three of the videos, please let me know what your favorite one was, and why. And feel free to lend me any tips you might have (other than to upgrade my mic and such, that much is obvious). Feedback like that is really useful for me at this early stage!

Posted another video this weekend. This is the first one beyond the preview I gave you guys. In this video I look at 4x2 pipeline architectures from NVIDIA and compare them all at the same clockspeed.

Keep 'em coming! The best part of when channels like this start out is how, if the person keeps producing quality content, you get to see the little view counts jump from dozens, to hundreds, to thousands, and eventually busting the hundreds of thousands of views.

12 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Keep 'em coming! The best part of when channels like this start out is how, if the person keeps producing quality content, you get to see the little view counts jump from dozens, to hundreds, to thousands, and eventually busting the hundreds of thousands of views.

lol don't get my hopes up. If I'm enjoying doing it and improving my skills as a video creator along the way, then I'm happy.

I am surprised you didn't talk about what kind of slot these used. I associate that with years for some reason.