• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,515 (as of April 7, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Update on the single-device/browser login restriction issue some people are having.   04/04/2017

4/7/2017 update: Now people who've been affected by this are saying that it went away on its own after about a week. So I dunno, if this would really hugely inconvenience you try to not log in on additional devices/browsers until the 4.2 update that's supposed to hopefully resolve this for good.   original announcement: For a long time now, D1P has been limited to three logins at a time; logging in on a fourth device or browser would log you out everywhere else. Unfortunately, multiple people have been reporting that they've started experiencing being limited to ONE login at a time.   The good news is, Invision Power Services (the company that makes our forum software) is aware of the issue and will be addressing it in version 4.2 of the software, which is the next big update. The bad news is, they announced about a month ago (the beginning of March 2017) that the update will be coming out in "mid 2017", so we probably have at least another couple of months to go before this is resolved.   In the meantime, I apologize to those affected for the inconvenience, and would suggest to everyone else to not log in to additional devices until this is resolved if this is something you don't want to have to have to deal with. I'm still not 100% sure on why it's not affecting everyone and why it didn't hit everyone affected at the same time, but the timing of when the reports of this started here mostly lines up with when I've seen reports of other sites having this issue starting, and I suspect that the problem is trickling in because of people happening to hit a fourth login that logs them out everywhere else, and then proceeding to be limited to one login at a time after that.
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 26: The Retro Show   04/19/2017

It's time to have that talk with your kids. No not THAT talk, the talk about retro games and how much better things were back in our days! We have @Reputator join us and talk a bit about the Scorpio and some retro PC cards. [email protected] us about console retro gaming and how he just got his Super Mario USA. While @Jason tells us about the day his parents threw out all his retro consoles. A sad day for any gamer. So listen and give us your feed back about your retro gaming experience!    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyPhatsaqs

MLB The Show 17

59 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

I wish I could just start over with my same created guy for RTTS. When I continued from 16, I started off on my 2023 season. 

Yeah same here. I looked at my roster and it's bad bad bad. Not sure what the Dodgers GM was thinking in 16 letting Seager, Pederson and Puig go. 

I guess I'll be starting fresh and hope the GM AI actually has half a brain this franchise. 

13 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Yeah same here. I looked at my roster and it's bad bad bad. Not sure what the Dodgers GM was thinking in 16 letting Seager, Pederson and Puig go. 

I guess I'll be starting fresh and hope the GM AI actually has half a brain this franchise. 

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and start over too.  Just sucks, I want to keep my same dude physically.  And love the game says my full name.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and start over too.  Just sucks, I want to keep my same dude physically.  And love the game says my full name.

You're lucky, the game will never say my last name. 

Just now, rc0101 said:

You're lucky, the game will never say my last name. 

I know.  I was STUNNED last year when it was an option.

I share the same last name with possibly the most important player to play the game so it has always said mine :)

Anyone else noticed that it seems to be easier to draw walks this year? I thought I was imagining it but I looked at the player card and noticed my walks were up by almost 7% this year.

hows gameplay? how is hit variety this year?

3 hours ago, rc0101 said:

Got traded to the Padres after asking for a trade :lol: the Yankees hate me.

You're officially the most recognizable name on the roster!

35 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You're officially the most recognizable name on the roster!

Oh I'll be asking for another trade! 

1 hour ago, rc0101 said:

Oh I'll be asking for another trade! 

Padres will only trade you if you get good.

I don't get it. With the Astros and my guy is a powerhouse stud. 31 homers, .445 average and they don't resign me. Got picked up by the As for 2 years, 2.6 million. 

This game is hands down the best sports video game franchise ever made, yes better then the 2k football way back. I hate baseball on TV, but these games are so great. That said, I stopped buying Madden and The Show 3 years ago. I'm done with Madden, but I 'm buying this, I can't hold out. Chalking it up to the Mna on the Cover "One Mr. Ken Griffey Jr." My favorite player all time, him and Randy Johnson when they were on the Mariners, I was able to actually meet him, Alex, Joey Cora, Randy, and Martines when I was a kid. I'm in for this years game, hell I'm off right now, guess I'm buying PS+ again :/

9 hours ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

I don't get it. With the Astros and my guy is a powerhouse stud. 31 homers, .445 average and they don't resign me. Got picked up by the As for 2 years, 2.6 million. 

That has always bothered me...too bad they haven't fixed it. 

well I own it now, all ready to go, just gotta beat Zelda tonight I'm Hoping!

I need to get started playing this.  Dodger game right now is giving me the itch.

4 hours ago, Dodger said:

I need to get started playing this.  Dodger game right now is giving me the itch.

Puig your friend 

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Update: i still can't hit for shit in these games

Mostly timing.  And I take the first pitch 90% of the time.  It isn't easy per say, but hitting this year does feel easier than prior years.  

On 4/1/2017 at 2:55 PM, HardAct said:

This game is hands down the best sports video game franchise ever made, yes better then the 2k football way back. I hate baseball on TV, but these games are so great. That said, I stopped buying Madden and The Show 3 years ago. I'm done with Madden, but I 'm buying this, I can't hold out. Chalking it up to the Mna on the Cover "One Mr. Ken Griffey Jr." My favorite player all time, him and Randy Johnson when they were on the Mariners, I was able to actually meet him, Alex, Joey Cora, Randy, and Martines when I was a kid. I'm in for this years game, hell I'm off right now, guess I'm buying PS+ again :/

Damn that Mariners team was loaded with serious talent.

12 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Damn that Mariners team was loaded with serious talent.

you ain't lying, Joey Cora, Alex {A-Rod}, and Ken Griffey batting 1-2-3, with the great Edgar Martinez batting 4th sometimes 5th, later a Great DH, and the "The Big Unit" {Randy Johnson}  6'10" 90+MPH lefty Slider throwing assassin. I Loved Baseball back then so much. I miss what baseball was then, at least to me. Would love to play some casual games with some of you more mature fans. Started off Building an Ace Starter to honor My 'O Dad. I will be making SS/2B man though too. Haven't really dove into it, damned Zelda. 

Damn it. Anyone know how to play a full online exhibition game against a friend?  It forces that fast play quick counts shit again. Why show that as an option then put a lock out next to it

Really tired of Ranked season games going unaccounted for. This is the 3rd time I had one not get posted after a game.

On 3/31/2017 at 1:12 PM, rc0101 said:

Got traded to the Padres after asking for a trade :lol: the Yankees hate me.

I haven't made it out of AAA yet, Batting 331 12 homers 47 RBIs, but LOL ! I want to be traded to the Padres . . . Go figure!!

The game is so challenging. God I love it, and damn fastballs are fast . .lol Hoping I can honestly keep batting 300+ on default settings in The Show {Majors}.

I di put the Fastball speed slider up 3 and the breaking ball slider up 3. I'm not good at getting walks {only have 12} but it feels so damn realistic. My home theater syatem sounds just like being in the ballpark. Wife and friends are blown away at the Graphics Etc. Love this game.