• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,515 (as of April 7, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Update on the single-device/browser login restriction issue some people are having.   04/04/2017

4/7/2017 update: Now people who've been affected by this are saying that it went away on its own after about a week. So I dunno, if this would really hugely inconvenience you try to not log in on additional devices/browsers until the 4.2 update that's supposed to hopefully resolve this for good.   original announcement: For a long time now, D1P has been limited to three logins at a time; logging in on a fourth device or browser would log you out everywhere else. Unfortunately, multiple people have been reporting that they've started experiencing being limited to ONE login at a time.   The good news is, Invision Power Services (the company that makes our forum software) is aware of the issue and will be addressing it in version 4.2 of the software, which is the next big update. The bad news is, they announced about a month ago (the beginning of March 2017) that the update will be coming out in "mid 2017", so we probably have at least another couple of months to go before this is resolved.   In the meantime, I apologize to those affected for the inconvenience, and would suggest to everyone else to not log in to additional devices until this is resolved if this is something you don't want to have to have to deal with. I'm still not 100% sure on why it's not affecting everyone and why it didn't hit everyone affected at the same time, but the timing of when the reports of this started here mostly lines up with when I've seen reports of other sites having this issue starting, and I suspect that the problem is trickling in because of people happening to hit a fourth login that logs them out everywhere else, and then proceeding to be limited to one login at a time after that.
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 26: The Retro Show   04/19/2017

It's time to have that talk with your kids. No not THAT talk, the talk about retro games and how much better things were back in our days! We have @Reputator join us and talk a bit about the Scorpio and some retro PC cards. [email protected] us about console retro gaming and how he just got his Super Mario USA. While @Jason tells us about the day his parents threw out all his retro consoles. A sad day for any gamer. So listen and give us your feed back about your retro gaming experience!    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyPhatsaqs

MLB The Show 17

59 posts in this topic

Who's in?  CanNOT wait to start a new RTTS.  Poured a couple hundred hours in to last year's.  This will be my Friday and Saturday night (with beers) for the next several months.

6 hours ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

Who's in?  CanNOT wait to start a new RTTS.  Poured a couple hundred hours in to last year's.  This will be my Friday and Saturday night (with beers) for the next several months.

Are you digitally downloading it? If you pre ordered on PSN I believe you can play it tonight at 9pm pacific

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Are you digitally downloading it? If you pre ordered on PSN I believe you can play it tonight at 9pm pacific

Physical copy  Gamers Club Unlocked at Best Buy

1 hour ago, JohnnyPhatsaqs said:

Physical copy  Gamers Club Unlocked at Best Buy

I bought 14, 15, 16 on PS4, not sure if I will buy this years, i probably will end up though, just reading the impressions over at OS, sounds like a lot of improvements and finally "Looks" Next Gen, even on the original PS4(non pro)

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

I bought 14, 15, 16 on PS4, not sure if I will buy this years, i probably will end up though, just reading the impressions over at OS, sounds like a lot of improvements and finally "Looks" Next Gen, even on the original PS4(non pro)

I absolutely love RTTS.  I will sit down 6 hours at a time drinking and being myself.  Hopefully, it will still have my last name in for the announcers to say.

I was going to skip it for the first time since the series became "The Show" but the PS4 Pro features and HDR suckered me in. I just hope the 1440p mode plays at a pretty solid frame rate cause from what I can tell from videos, the 1080p mode is still jaggy central. 

I did a whole career in RTTS in 15. Picked up 16 and didn't play nearly as much, but 17 looks great! I won't get it now due to my unnatural addiction to ME Andromeda, but will probably cave in about a month. 

31 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Yeah I'm in! 

Going to carry over left fielder  Timmy Tebow from MLB 16 and create a pitcher tonight

How does the carry over work?  I have my created dude from last season, but I probably have 160 hours in him, and he's late in his career and busted back down to the minors.  If I carry over, what happens to a player like that?

8 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Just got back with my Griffeyized swingman hat. Only 2 hours of driving to get it :P

griffeyhat.jpg

Snapback doe, ghetto.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Snapback doe, ghetto.

Wouldn't wear it anyway. I am pretty much my fitted D-Backs spring training logo exclusive.

I'm hearing the MLB Servers have been down all day so far..

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm hearing the MLB Servers have been down all day so far..

You heard correctly. 

27 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Forgot how slow my PS4 downloads...Guess I won't play tonight. 

It's embarrassing. Not sure what the hell we are paying for. 

Carried over my RTTS player from the previous 2 games. Kind of funny how the decision portion still treat a guy with 500+ HR and 1800+ RBI and just over 3000 hits like he is a rookie. Which also makes me sad that his career is in the final few seasons and I will be making a new player.

55 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Carried over my RTTS player from the previous 2 games. Kind of funny how the decision portion still treat a guy with 500+ HR and 1800+ RBI and just over 3000 hits like he is a rookie. Which also makes me sad that his career is in the final few seasons and I will be making a new player.

Hmm, I will probably just start over again if that's the case

My ps4  has to be busted or something. It's saying 35 hours to download this game. PS4 is sitting right next to my xbox one (both hardwired) which downloads games at 50 Mbps. 

Connection speed under network test has it at 31Mbps. Why is this game downloading so slow!!

23 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

My ps4  has to be busted or something. It's saying 35 hours to download this game. PS4 is sitting right next to my xbox one (both hardwired) which downloads games at 50 Mbps. 

Connection speed under network test has it at 31Mbps. Why is this game downloading so slow!!

Switch is stealing all the juice. 

24 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Ok that is a little excessive. It's slow, but it isn't that slow. My download took a couple hours. 

It's at 7 hours now that I did a hard reboot. Whatever, this is the only game I get on PS4 so at least I only have to do this once a year. 

If you're connection speed is coming up as 31Mps I don't think it would be a PS4 either. 

You could try manually changing the DNS in your PS4 network settings to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

1 hour ago, Rbk_3 said:

Hmm, I will probably just start over again if that's the case

It is really weird. Some things will be said as if he is a rookie, while others are said as if a seasoned vet. Not 2 series later the coach called me into the office to talk about my fuck up of a stolen base and was saying it is unlike you to mess up on the basepathes like that. After a a couple of answers he said that he still felt comfortable giving the standing green light.

8 hours ago, Rbk_3 said:

If you're connection speed is coming up as 31Mps I don't think it would be a PS4 either. 

You could try manually changing the DNS in your PS4 network settings to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

Oh it's my ps4 for sure. Anyway, looks like it finished up over night so I should be good unless they put out an update. 

I wish I could just start over with my same created guy for RTTS. When I continued from 16, I started off on my 2023 season.