• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 28: The 2017 E3 Review Show (Recording June 23 - share your E3 impressions!)   06/01/2017

Now that E3 2017 has concluded, the D1Pcast crew will be recording its impressions of the show on Friday June 23 at around 6:30pm Eastern time.  Like we did for the preview show, we'll run through each conference and give our thoughts on the good, bad, and the wonderfully inexplicable (Devolver Digital - I'm looking at you!).   We're very much interested in hearing your thoughts and impressions about this past E3, so feel free to share them in this thread.  Or -- even better! -- if you'd like to join us for this episode, we'd love to have you on the show!  The more, the merrier as we put a capstone on our E3 2017 coverage!  
    • SFLUFAN

E3 2017 is upon us!   06/07/2017

The annual celebration of all things video gaming is upon us, so let us share in the revelry and post the news, videos, interviews, and discussion topics in our dedicated E3 2017 board here:   http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/forum/122-e3-2017/   Also, feel free to join our Discord server for live text and voice chat of the various conferences - here's an invite that (theoretically) should not expire:   https://discord.gg/chqTQ2F   Let's all have a magnificent E3!
Lucian04

What have you been playing recently?

30 posts in this topic

Deadpool

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Deadpool was a very sold hack n' slash with some of the most infuriating save checkpoints I've encountered in a very, very long time.  My advice: play it on easy for the humor.  Score - 6.5/10

Much like its War for Cybertron predecessor, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is an extremely well-made, damned good third-person shooter that captures the spirit of Transformers perfectly.  Really - pick this one up on sale when you can!  Score - 8/10

It really is a pity that High Moon Studios (the developer of both these titles) has been turned by Activision into a Call of Duty map pack sweatshop :(

XHp3XLE.png

Also, Dark Souls 3

Fire Emblem Awakening

Let It Die

Horizon - still soaking it all in.  Doing a free roam right now, traveling all over the map and hunting large game to level up before resuming the story again.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Never finished it when it was released so I'm doing that currently and trying to complete all the side missions (maybe not all the riddler ones though, jesus)

Nioh - Currently on a battlefield with tons of samurai which is absolutely the dopest level so far and a nice grinding spot.

Dishonored 2 - Getting near the end, so taking my time and getting lost in the atmosphere as much as possible

Hotline Miami - Played the first four chapters a few times but now attempting to play through all of it and get on that HM2

Zelda, Zelda, Zelda...and Hearthstone.

1 minute ago, Lucian04 said:

I could have sworn that you were on for like 8-10 hours the other day.

uhhhh, maybe... :) I was XP grinding like a fiend! :epilepsy: I went from level 9 to level 16 1/2! 

I play Overwatch regularly. I play Fire Emblem Heroes and Hearthstone on my phone during lunch. Been playing Horizon Zero Dawn on the weekend. I tried to play Nier Automata this past weekend, but the game is borked for people with AMD 470s/480s. I can't get past the first 10 minutes.

Was Gears 4.  Got to the last act and stopped.  Just couldn't do it anymore.

Jumped back into Fallout 4.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Warframe!

Surprisingly not. Everytime I was on GRWL, Vic20 was there, never responding to my witty banter as we rushed headlong to our deaths at the hands of undereducated narcos with heavily tatted faces.

1 minute ago, Lucian04 said:

Surprisingly not. Everytime I was on GRWL, Vic20 was there, never responding to my witty banter as we rushed headlong to our deaths at the hands of undereducated narcos with heavily tatted faces.

He plays both at the same time.

Right now I'm playing Night in the Woods and Overwatch on PS4. I like Night in the Woods but it's a ton of reading. I don't mind that. I actually really like it and the style the game has.  But most of my game time is at night and it will start to put me to sleep if I play it long enough. I've started to treat it like a chapter book where I'll play just an in-game day or two at a time. 

Uncharted 4, about 5 or so hours in and on Chapter 10 I think. 

Just beat Zelda, so I am gonna put that on the side for a bit and play ME1. I got the trilogy for 9 bucks the other day. Installed a 5 or so mods and played up to getting the ship. 

I'm about halfway through the last Guardian and I'm just finishing chapter 3 in bravely default

Yakuza 0 for me

I should be messing around with VR more but haven't had the chance to.  Should be done with Yakuza in the next week hopefully

Hearthstone and Overwatch are always in the rotation. I've slowed down on Zelda to avoid getting burned out (nothing against the game, that's just how I am with big open world games). I finally got Neir Automata, which has been awesome so far. I'll probably tear through a bunch of that on my next days off. 

Zelda LTTP, Metroid Prime, and the other day got a craving to play a little Spelunky.

I'm trying to clear my backlog pretty hard, fiancé and I rethought our budget to go after my student loans a little more aggressively.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Zelda: BotW. What else am I supposed to be playing? :P

Might I suggest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron?

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

Might I suggest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron?

That doesn't sound appealing to me in the least.

I do agree with your Deadpool assessment, though!

Played an hour of Zelda today will play more tonight, downloaded fast RMX yesterday 

8 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

I"d believe that.

Tormnet: Tides of Numenera

Not as strong as PoE or DOS, but is coming together nicely as I head into what is maybe the last third.

Also, Atlas Reactor, and Torchlight 2. Oh and finished Obduction recently.

Breath of the Wild 

Shadowrun Returns 

Fallout 4 

I've played 80 hours of Zelda in the past 2 weeks.  That's a full time job on top of my full time job.