• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spork3245

Whenever I log in on one device, it logs me out of all others

22 posts in this topic

Hey, so previously I could be logged-in to my work PC, home desktop and smartphone all at the same time. Got a new phone yesterday due to my iPhone 5 randomly dying on Sunday night, when I log-in on the phone I am then signed out of both desktops and vice-versa. This was never an issue before, not sure why it's occurring now, is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

I think you're limited to being logged into three devices at once. Been like that since forever. The new phone would have been a fourth device and logged you out everywhere else. 

23 hours ago, Jason said:

I think you're limited to being logged into three devices at once. Been like that since forever. The new phone would have been a fourth device and logged you out everywhere else. 

Except it continued to log me out of everything on each sign in :P 

Seems to be working normally again today, however.

:/ I've had no problems with this, and unfortunately I can't find anything in the settings that looks like it would control this.

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

:/ I've had no problems with this, and unfortunately I can't find anything in the settings that looks like it would control this.

Is there a way to increase the limit on how many places we can sign in at once?

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Is there a way to increase the limit on how many places we can sign in at once?

That's what I mean, there's nothing that looks like it controls this. I also don't understand why only some people are experiencing this, I for instance am logged on at home, at work, and on my phone with no problem.

In the interim the best I can suggest is having your browser on each device you post from store your login information. I know it's not ideal but having to go through a couple of extra presses to log in is at least less painful than having to type in your login information each time.

@Rev To share some more, here's what I've found so far.

wGMy+OICoBKpQAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

I've clicked through everything. This is the only page that makes sense for where the "max devices logged in on" kind of setting would be and it's just not there. Overall...if I knew how to change this then I'd have fixed it months ago for my own personal convenience so that I wouldn't have to sign back into everything when I use my iPad or go home and log in on my parents' computer.

@Jason This is now happening to me as well. Previously I could log in to three devices at once, now I am limited to one. 

On 3/30/2017 at 11:56 AM, CitizenVectron said:

@Jason This is now happening to me as well. Previously I could log in to three devices at once, now I am limited to one. 

For some reason I have this issue now :(

Jason is like Donald Trump. For every fix he makes he breaks two other things.

On 4/1/2017 at 6:46 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Jason is like Donald Trump. For every fix he makes he breaks two other things.

I don't know why this has only become an issue recently and why it's not affecting everyone, but here's something from a year ago that suggests that this might be by design as a security measure:

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/428866-logging-in-will-log-out-all-other-devices/

[edit]The good news is a post from last month by IPS Management says 4.2 will fix this:

Version 4.2 will introduce a proper and modern approach to multi-device authentication. Until then, I advise being wary of quick fixes to anything having to do with authenticating logins.

A post from the same time last month says this new version will be out in mid-2017:

https://invisionpower.com/news/ips-community-suite-42-coming-soon-r998/

@Firewithin @Spork3245 @EternallDarkness @Rev @CitizenVectron

Can any of you confirm whether when you first experienced this issue you were logged into enough other devices that you would have been automatically logged out everywhere else under the old three-logins limit? (As in, you were logged in three other places, you made a fourth login, got logged out everywhere else, and then your fifth login logged you out of your fourth login session.)

I was / am on 4 (work, home, phone, and tablet) it seems to be keeping me logged on all of them right now.

My issue started when I had to clear cookies at work which messed them all up when I re-loged back in

2 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

I was / am on 4 (work, home, phone, and tablet) it seems to be keeping me logged on all of them right now.

My issue started when I had to clear cookies at work which messed them all up when I re-loged back in

Okay, that's even weirder that you had the problem but are now able to be logged in to multiple devices at a time again. It makes it way harder to diagnose when the problem is so erratic. I'm hoping that what they're saying 4.2 is going to fix is the same thing causing our problems.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Can any of you confirm whether when you first experienced this issue you were logged into enough other devices that you would have been automatically logged out everywhere else under the old three-logins limit? (As in, you were logged in three other places, you made a fourth login, got logged out everywhere else, and then your fifth login logged you out of your fourth login session.)

I only ever use two devices, my desktop and my laptop. It annoyed me to have to keep logging in so now I just post from my desktop and lurk from my laptop, lol

The problem affected me for about a week or so after posting this, but has been fine since, like it randomly started working.

I log into 5 or 6 devices on a rotating basis, but only 3 would be logged in at once.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:02 AM, Spork3245 said:

The problem affected me for about a week or so after posting this, but has been fine since, like it randomly started working.

I really love that this problem is not only hitting people unpredictably, but is transient once it does. :silly:

I cleared the cookies out on this computer by mistake and it logged me out. I logged back in and it didn't log me out of my other devices. :sun: