Sign in to follow this  
Reputator

AMD RYZEN Launch Day Review Round-Up

BlueAngel    279
1 hour ago, Dre801 said:

Thread Ripper prices: 

12 core, 799.

16 core, 999.

Great prices, don't know how Intel is going to compete.

heyyoudvd    806

So now that it's been a few months, how's the gaming performance on Ryzen?

I'm looking to finally replace my i7 920. The performance is still fine, but it keeps overheating and causing my pc speaker to make a screeching sound.

Anyways, what's my best bet for a good mid-range CPU? I was looking at something like the i5 7500/7600K or the Ryzen 1500X/1600/1600X.

Thoughts? 

SimpleG    457
9 hours ago, heyyoudvd said:

I'm looking to finally replace my i7 920. The performance is still fine, but it keeps overheating and causing my pc speaker to make a screeching sound.

Anyways, what's my best bet for a good mid-range CPU? I was looking at something like the i5 7500/7600K or the Ryzen 1500X/1600/1600X.

Thoughts? 

1700 is your best bet. I5 will work fine but the 1700 will go the distance.

Massdriver    434
10 hours ago, heyyoudvd said:

Thoughts? 

R5 1600 or R7 1700 because they come with a cooler and you can easily overclock them (1700 to 3.7 and 1600 to somewhere above that)

If you aren't going to overclock, I recommend a 1600x because it has higher base frequencies. You will need to grab an after market cooler for it if you don't have one sitting around. If you want 8 cores without an overclock, then go for the 1700x.

heyyoudvd    806

I doubt I'll be overclocking. I feel like my pc tinkering days are behind me. I just want something that's quiet, reliable, performs well, and lasts me for years, while still being inexpensive.

These days, I care more about my pc being hassle-free than about squeezing out every drop of performance I can.