• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,165 (as of March 22)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 24 - Stuff has Ryzen (featuring NextGen and Lucian04)   03/01/2017

On this episode we talk about the latest news that has...Ryzen from the tech world. Microsoft announces games as a service, @NextGen helps us talk about AMD and their new CPU and somewhere in here we have @Lucian04 talking to us about the salt mining business. We try to keep out Nintendo talk to a minimum but don't worry, we got lots of Nintendo talk on the next podcast! So join us as we have lots of stuffs to talk about in the latest edition of the D1Pcast!  Join us in this thread to discuss the show!   http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/topic/141114-d1pcast-episode-24-stuff-has-ryzenft-nextgen-lucian04/  
Bacon

~*The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Official Thread*~ You gotta keep'em separated.

808 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, SeVeN CDN said:

Goto map and hit Yeah I believe

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Haha! Just hit Y. I miss the most obvious things sometimes! Thanks.

Okay when I look at people on my SWITCH friends list it tells me approximately how many hours they've played Zelda. But when I look at myself it just says you played this game 8 days ago. What's up with that? I can't see my time played?

8 hours ago, apoc81 said:

Well, they are the hardest enemies in the game. 

Try the black Lynel for fun. He pouts Ganon to shame. 

There's a black Lynel? Where? I've only found the Silver ones, and the compendium says they're the strongest Lynels in the game. I'm down for an even tougher one! God, fighting them in hard mode is gonna be a blast if hard mode is what I hope it is.

And yeah, I can see this being like Diablo, or I guess GTA3 is a better example. It depends entirely if this spawns similar titles or if it's a one-off. The game absolutely has some big flaws as we discussed above, and if you can't see them, you WOULD see them after playing a Zelda title that addressed them seriously and improved on them. But that doesn't even have to be the priority, it's not just about fixing flaws, it's about improvements that experience, suggestions and time can bring naturally, like wilder abilities and even more interactions, like enemies that can toy with the world in more serious ways than just picking stuff up and throwing it at you and sometimes their weapons change the weather, which is neat but not really a big deal.

When you're this close to the game, and loving it a lot, it can be hard to even contemplate how they'd improve on it, and the flaws or limitations seem so small compared to the good time you're having, that doesn't mean things can't get way, WAY better. So much better that if you came back 15 years later you might be amazed at how simple it all seems, while still reveling at how remarkable it was at the time, like GTA3.

1 hour ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Okay when I look at people on my SWITCH friends list it tells me approximately how many hours they've played Zelda. But when I look at myself it just says you played this game 8 days ago. What's up with that? I can't see my time played?

Unlocks on day 10 of play, this goes for any game, if you were to get a new game like mk8 deluxe once it releases, it won't show the time played log til after 9 days

How does one get to Eventide? I guess I need more stamina because I can't glide or swim to it without running out. Or should I get a leaf and steer the boat towards it?

12 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

There's a black Lynel? Where? I've only found the Silver ones, and the compendium says they're the strongest Lynels in the game. I'm down for an even tougher one! God, fighting them in hard mode is gonna be a blast if hard mode is what I hope it is.

And yeah, I can see this being like Diablo, or I guess GTA3 is a better example. It depends entirely if this spawns similar titles or if it's a one-off. The game absolutely has some big flaws as we discussed above, and if you can't see them, you WOULD see them after playing a Zelda title that addressed them seriously and improved on them. But that doesn't even have to be the priority, it's not just about fixing flaws, it's about improvements that experience, suggestions and time can bring naturally, like wilder abilities and even more interactions, like enemies that can toy with the world in more serious ways than just picking stuff up and throwing it at you and sometimes their weapons change the weather, which is neat but not really a big deal.

When you're this close to the game, and loving it a lot, it can be hard to even contemplate how they'd improve on it, and the flaws or limitations seem so small compared to the good time you're having, that doesn't mean things can't get way, WAY better. So much better that if you came back 15 years later you might be amazed at how simple it all seems, while still reveling at how remarkable it was at the time, like GTA3.

I'm thinking he may be talking about the Red Lynel as it has a black body?

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

How does one get to Eventide? I guess I need more stamina because I can't glide or swim to it without running out. Or should I get a leaf and steer the boat towards it?

Yup, the boat

get off of it early, drop your favorite weapon on the shore line before touching the sand and you'll be glad you did.

5 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I just used your ice ability and hopped from block to block till I got there. 

8 hours ago, MarSolo said:

There's a small island with a shrine between the coast and eventide island... you will find a raft there that can be used to get to Eventide. Make sure you have a Korok Leaf.

So now is probably as good a time as any to bring it up, is there some sort of running joke in Japan where construction workers are all gay?

Maybe this discussion has happened but I've never witnessed it and I'm genuinely curious as to what is up with it, I recall OOT all of the Construction workers ran around in a very odd, oh let me cut the shit... "Gay" way, and now in the new game we have

latest?cb=20170315043130

I'm just curious what the deal is with that, and has it ever been discussed?

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Unlocks on day 10 of play, this goes for any game, if you were to get a new game like mk8 deluxe once it releases, it won't show the time played log til after 9 days

I thought NeoGAF disproved this? They had members who had the hours track within 2-3 days. There were a good 5-7 running theories as to what actually triggers the switch from "First played" to "Approximately played for X hours" and all were debunked. No one seems to have any clue what triggers the change.

And the credits roll! What a game. 65 1/2hrs for me. I had 18 hearts, 2 full stamina wheels. 62 shrines. 50 korok seeds (lol pathetic), the master sword and hylian shield. I had maxed champion Tunic, ancient pants, hylian hood. 

Ganon was pretty easy. I missed a ton of the castle. Accidentally stumbled into the room by climbing from the outside. I may have to go back and explore more. 

I crafted a ton of armor up, defense up, and over  full recovery stuff. Just popped em when I needed em. 

I don't know if I'll full go back in until the e DLC. Sounds like they will add more story. Only thing I missed that I really wanted to do was eventide island. And down a top tier lynel. Might have to get that done to feel fully fulfilled. 

I'm gonna say it now that this was with out a doubt, GOTY. I can't imagine another game this year that will top it (RDR2 maybe?) This might even by my GOTD. 

Okay I need help. I'm in the shrine where you have to tilt the SWITCH and move the orange ball through the maze. I get it to other side but how to I get it to jump over the gap??

9 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Okay I need help. I'm in the shrine where you have to tilt the SWITCH and move the orange ball through the maze. I get it to other side but how to I get it to jump over the gap??

turn it upside down

On 2017-03-23 at 8:45 PM, Xbob42 said:

Sorry, it's the white. I'm a fool.

all along the north,

i idiotically thought Andromeda launched the Los coming Tuesday, till last night. Bad facial animations, but so far good game.

What's the highest tier Lynel? I fought a blue one the other day, holy shit what a fight. Those things are Dark Souls level tough. 

4 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

What's the highest tier Lynel? I fought a blue one the other day, holy shit what a fight. Those things are Dark Souls level tough. 

What's odd is I fought one out in the wild and it took everything I had to bring it down, then not long after I'm (potential spoiler)

in Hyrule Castle, they have rooms set up as traps that just box you in with one, when I fought the same level Lynel I raped him quickly, which tells me CQC is the way to fight them

On 2017-03-23 at 6:20 PM, TwinIon said:

Actually, OOT is another good example of what I was talking about, I just wanted a game from outside the series. OOT is a foundational game, and much about its' structure is still being implemented in AAA games. We've seen generations of game design grow up around its core ideas and refine them time and time again.

I think that BOTW could be one of those games. Games like GTA 3 where their influence is long felt, but their issues are even more obvious in retrospect.

I'd be surprised if I'm the only one with that opinion.

Oot is still considered a masterpiece, which is, like M64, they are consistently on best games ever list, with OoT almost always at number one.

1 hour ago, JPSoccer4 said:

Silver is highest form of all monsters.

No. White is the highest lynel, black for hinox.

4 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

No. White is the highest lynel, black for hinox.

There's Silver Lynels, pretty sure it was higher then White, but haven't played in over a week. 

So I learned this....after you beat Ganon and you get the save with a star. If you load that up, it will display percentage complete of the game in the bottom left hand corner of the world map. 

For me, after 65 1/2hrs.... 18.52%. Lol. Keep in mind korok seeds count towards this. 

I explored more of the castle last night. Master sword in the castle is easy mode. It's an absolute beast and its attack power doubles. Also, Just outside the castle is the north gate house. If you go in there, the gate closes and a silver lynel spawns. That was fun. Lol.  I also did eventide and the lAbrynith north of akkala lab. I can't get enough of this game. 

Just beat it last night. Great journey and amazing mechanics. I just feel that soul and charm was definitely missing in the dungeons and all boss fights (including the final one). This game gets a solid 9.5/10 for me. They could easily make this a 10 if they make a few changes.