Sign in to follow this  
Spork3245

The official car suggestion and car advice thread

Just test drove a 2018 GT Premium - no performance pack or magnaride but it had the sport exhaust and digital gauges. Oh man, the gauges are great, the new steering wheel is a thousand times better and that exhaust is just ridiculous - it’s incredibly better sounding than my 2016 GT. I only tried normal, which already sounded great and better than mine, then track mode which is the loudest. It sounded like a straight pipe exhaust setup. That video I posted doesn’t even begin to do it justice.

Definitely getting the race red color... can’t decide on the interior. Either the black or the red interior, though I’m worried red exterior with red interior will look like a strip club :P 

Thoughts?

Test drove another just now, this one has the performance pack (still no magneride, though). HUGE difference on how it drive - puts the power down much smoother due to the larger gears.

01_B4498_E-1_AC5-46_A7-99_DF-6633029_CF7

247_E14_C6-784_B-4498-_B676-635863_E2845

7_BFE2_D6_C-6_A8_B-4_ACA-91_CF-0011_A8_D

Just need to test drive a convertible to see what I prefer then I’ll be ordering by June.

3 hours ago, user19842x15 said:

That weird catfish whisker is weird

2017-04-26_01-59-59.jpg

I disagree. It looks very aggressive. Maybe the angles of my photos (and lighting from the cloudy weather) made it look like it protrudes more than it actually does - it’s basically the same styling as a the GT350.

33 minutes ago, user19842x15 said:

Ah yeah it was the lighting. It looked like it stuck out to be before.

Yea, after I read your post and looked at the pics again, the cloudy/rainy weather made it look like it stuck out past the rest of the fender. :lol: 

The differences (minus the wing) are subtle without the cars next to each other unless you know what to look for - but my god does it look better, so much more refined and aggressive as hell. The interior improvements are fantastic too, so much more premium - I really need to snap a pic/vid of that digital gauge cluster, it’s so nice.

The wait till June is going to be friggen unbearable :lol::cry: 

That is one sexy looking car. Is it just me, or is that a crazy low price point for what the vehicle offers?

And after about a month with my Niro, I'm still absolutely smitten with the vehicle. Does anyone else here have a car with driver memory settings where the seat moves into position when you start the car? Every time I start my car I feel like Alex Rogan in the cockpit of Gunstar One. :)

1 minute ago, Emblazon said:

That is one sexy looking car. Is it just me, or is that a crazy low price point for what the vehicle offers?

And after about a month with my Niro, I'm still absolutely smitten with the vehicle. Does anyone else here have a car with driver memory settings where the seat moves into position when you start the car? Every time I start my car I feel like Alex Rogan in the cockpit of Gunstar One. :)

Base MSRP is about $40k so it’s undercutting who it’s aiming for by about $6-10k (BMW 340i, Audi S4, Mercedes C400). 

My Mustang has the easy exit/entry with the seat pulling back or resetting itself when turning the car off/on. My gf’s M56x also has the steering wheel retract and lift up - she loves it so much :sun: 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Base MSRP is about $40k so it’s undercutting who it’s aiming for by about $6-10k (BMW 340i, Audi S4, Mercedes C400). 

My Mustang has the easy exit/entry with the seat pulling back or resetting itself when turning the car off/on. My gf’s M56x also has the steering wheel retract and lift up - she loves it so much :sun: 

It's such a silly thing, but it's just so damn cool. I also don't know how I ever lived without a heated steering wheel. :P

3 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

It's such a silly thing, but it's just so damn cool. I also don't know how I ever lived without a heated steering wheel. :P

I need a heated steering wheel badly - the new Mustang has it. :sun: 

52 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I need a heated steering wheel badly - the new Mustang has it. :sun: 

I had mine on and it's been about 50 this week (warm for Chicago)... it's like putting clothes on straight from the dryer. 

Just now, Emblazon said:

I had mine on and it's been about 50 this week (warm for Chicago)... it's like putting clothes on straight from the dryer. 

I was using it on both test drives I took of the 2018 Mustang :daydream: 

I do wish there was also an alcantara option on the steering wheel, though #firstworldproblems :P 

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I was using it on both test drives I took of the 2018 Mustang :daydream: 

I do wish there was also an alcantara option on the steering wheel, though #firstworldproblems :P 

I'm just happy with the leather I have. It's a HUGE step up from the "leather" my 2013 C-Max had... worst leather I've ever felt. 

It's also amusing you mentioned the key fobs... The C-Max ones were plastic, and my Kia ones are metal. Looks and feels nicer. So it's good that Ford woke up in that department. 

Now, if only Toyota would pull their collective heads from their asses and ditch Entune. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

I'm just happy with the leather I have. It's a HUGE step up from the "leather" my 2013 C-Max had... worst leather I've ever felt. 

It's also amusing you mentioned the key fobs... The C-Max ones were plastic, and my Kia ones are metal. Looks and feels nicer. So it's good that Ford woke up in that department. 

Now, if only Toyota would pull their collective heads from their asses and ditch Entune. 

The current key fob doesn’t feel cheap thankfully, it’s lined in some type of metal and it uses a thicker plastic with a good texture plus it has a good weight to it. The new one just feels super extra premium. Those Toyota key fobs do feel super cheap and light though, they use the same fob for the Lexus (IS350F) that I test drove, I pretty much went “ew” :lol: 

The leather on my previous 2013 Mustang GTs steering wheel was nice and thick leather, the leather on the 2015-2017s went a step backwards and is a basic leather with that cheap feeling texture that makes it almost seem like faux leather. The leather on the 2018 went back to the 2013s sport styling and is even thicker and more premium feeling than I remember from the 2013. It’s a really nice steering wheel, the only ones I’ve felt that I may like better are the GT350s alcantara wrapped wheel and the Alfa Romeo Giulias (honestly the nicest steering wheel I have ever felt in my hands).

I’m still going to check out the Kia Stinger GT when dealers actually have them (stores that have one in the showroom have a Korean model that is not allowed on the road - they’ll get a $35k fine from Kia :lol: ), even though I’m 99% set on the Mustang now. Dealerships should have them in the next 6-8 weeks, I’ll be sure to post my thoughts after the test drive. :sun: