Dexterryu

Looks like the 1080ti and Vega are both going to be announced on 2/28

6 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Wonder what the price is going to be.

Probably not high enough to keep @Mr.Vic20 from buying four of them.

Just now, Jason said:

Actually I think the new Nvidia cards can only SLI up to two. Hopefully he'll donate the spare two to somebody on these boards.

Just now, Jason said:

I have denounced the evils of Mullti-GPU-ism! Sick of micro stutter, weird frame rates, and graphical issues only experienced bu Multi-GPU users. Paying the most doesn't always result in  the best results. Worse still, Multi GPU junkies lie through their teeth about how great of an experience it is so that they can brag about their synthetic benchmark scores that do nothing but "justify" they costly boondoggle. It was a terrible 3 years with that shit and I'm never going back. Its entirely common to have to wait a month or more on each new game release for the developer and Nvidia/AMD to sort out their respective issues. Not worth it, anyone telling you different is lying. There was a time when SLI/Cross fire was decent, not good, but decent, those times are gone!  

P.S. I'm an asshole and now own a Titan X (pascal) so this launch won't change my plans much! :blush:

10 minutes ago, HGLatinBoy said:

Lies. You're getting an AMD 

That's the same thing I said. 

On 2/16/2017 at 11:08 AM, GeneticBlueprint said:

Wonder what the price is going to be.

The 1080Ti will cost 25% more than I'm willing to pay :P 

Not changing out the 1080 in my main PC, might get rid of the 290 in my HTPC if the price/performance of Vega is worth it

13 hours ago, NextGen said:

In for two of whatever is faster. 

I'm hoping as much that the release very close to each other so we don't have to play the waiting game to find out that  Vega is both faster and cheaper.

As long as it's under 1k I'm in on this one, but $800ish sounds awesome! Gonna give this 2year old PC to my Oldest Son, and gonna build a Brand new PC with a personal Budget of 3k. Won't need that much, but no longer am I gonna limit myself. Geezee this 980Ti / i7 4970k has been a great experience all around. I haven't had a single problem with this PC. Kinda got me fired up playing everything at it in 1080p, or lower stuff and playing in 4k. With the Scorpio coming out, this should be more of the same this year.

AMD please take my money. 

God march is a blood bath for my wallet. Weekend getaway with the gf, Switch, Vega, and FW releasestheir burning of prospero book next week.

I need a new board. I have a Vive now so I need all the power I can get. And I have a Freesync 1440p 21:9 monitor too so I guess I am kind of forced to AMD. They've always treated me well. We'll see what happens. I am very curious to see how they fare.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, Dexterryu said:

Yes, March release please.

On 2/23/2017 at 7:55 PM, NextGen said:

Vega is coming sooner rather than later. 

After todays un-announcement I am calling it Vaporware.

Graphics cards are my thing. It's one of my big interests. And it says something when the Vega presentation was putting me to sleep.

I started skipping through it and literally every time I clicked on the seek bar, I heard the term "VR".

The only other mildly interesting thing is the return of FP16 precision. Time to pull out our old GeForce FX cards.