Dexterryu

Looks like the 1080ti and Vega are both going to be announced on 2/28

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

Wtf is Vega anyways? AMD's version of a Titan or something? 

It's their code name for their next gen architecture. It's more akin to the names of Intel CPUs like Sandy Bridge, Kaby Lake, etc.

49 minutes ago, Brick said:

Wtf is Vega anyways? AMD's version of a Titan or something? 

It's the name for the architecture. nVidia does the same. The 9xx series was Maxwell, the current 10xx series is Pascal.

46 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

It's their code name for their next gen architecture. It's more akin to the names of Intel CPUs like Sandy Bridge, Kaby Lake, etc.

Not just a code name anymore. I thought Fury was supposed to be their "Titan" (albeit without the performance), but now I guess it's whatever they want at the time. It's way less straightforward than just numbers. You might as well go back to the "XT, SE, XL, LE, GS" suffix confusion of yesteryear.

22 hours ago, forsayken said:

The Ti was shown off about 20 minutes ago. 3500 cores (vs 2500 in the 1080). 12GB of RAM. $700USD. Thing looks long af. Core clock is 2ghz.

*11GB of RAM :nerd:

1 hour ago, Dre801 said:

I'd rather they had just gone with RX 500 series. . . .

Well, about that....

https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/Report-AMD-Launch-Radeon-RX-500-Series-GPUs-April

According to a report from VideoCardz.com we can expect AMD Radeon RX 500-series graphics cards next month, with an April 4th launch of the RX 580 and RX 570, and subsequent RX 560/550 launch on April 11. The bad news? According to the report "all cards, except RX 550, are most likely rebranded from Radeon RX 400 series".

:sick:

Man I hate re-brands, simply because even if performance of a new chip is the same as the previous incarnation it is ALWAYS nice to have a new feature set of video decoding, HDMI, or whatever so that every chip in a generation is at least capable of the same things.

5 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Man I hate re-brands, simply because even if performance of a new chip is the same as the previous incarnation it is ALWAYS nice to have a new feature set of video decoding, HDMI, or whatever so that every chip in a generation is at least capable of the same things.

Another rumor states that the new rebranded AMD cards will be called MX 580 and they will only support DX7.

6 hours ago, Reputator said:

Not just a code name anymore. I thought Fury was supposed to be their "Titan" (albeit without the performance)

So... Not a Titan, then. :P