Sign in to follow this  
chakoo

Switch - Community Thread!!

We are almost only 2 weeks out people. Get excited. =D

3 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Wonder how long after launch it will be before I'll be able buy one of these from Amazon?

I say april/may.

March will probably be pretty hard but I think we might see a WiiU or 3DS issue where it is strong at launch but tapers off a bit due to software and a high price. 

-edit-

If you want one and having issues, I might have a spare unit if my coworker backs out on it (he more wants a red/blue unit but I got a spare grey since it was the only one to go back in stock up here).

I would just keep checking all online retailers at launch/after launch, they should have limited shipments coming in as Nintendo is ramping up production 

Hehe, so it seems the switch video leaks recently are because a retailer shipped a unit to someone early (which does happen from time to time). LoL

System box is kind of eh (The Wii & WiiU Boxes kind of spoiled us I feel). Reminds me of 3DS launch boxes.

I think im set to be a late adopter to the console much as I was with the xbox1 (didnt get that until Arkham Knight)..

the deal breaker is the lack of compatibility with previous controllers.. my nintendo consoles are the family multiplayer machines, the entry cost is too high when taking controllers into the equation (mario kart 8 without new GP tracks isnt enticing enough)

i think Ghost Recon Wildland and a busy training calendar will keep me busy enough... though my daughter really wants some Splatoon

5 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah, having to buy all those really expensive controllers just to be able to do multiplayer is kind of a buzzkill. 

I'm only using the Switch in Handheld mode

I generally do more local multi at home..

hell i invested in 2 xbox 360 to do local 4 player splitscreen..... the latest generation xbone and switch dont seem to want to facilitate local mp.. 

-xbox games dont feature splitscreen so 4 player co-op is a 4 console affair (halo 5 etc

- the switch is doing it by lack of controllers and "killer app"

On 2/17/2017 at 9:24 PM, 5timechamp said:

I think im set to be a late adopter to the console much as I was with the xbox1 (didnt get that until Arkham Knight)..

the deal breaker is the lack of compatibility with previous controllers.. my nintendo consoles are the family multiplayer machines, the entry cost is too high when taking controllers into the equation (mario kart 8 without new GP tracks isnt enticing enough)

i think Ghost Recon Wildland and a busy training calendar will keep me busy enough... though my daughter really wants some Splatoon

It made me feel better that Nintendo are looking into patching controllers from previous consoles.  I'd be quite happy to be able to use my Pro and Wii U Gamepad on the switch as spares.  I'd even be OK with wiimotes working, just as an option.

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

@5timechamp

Lack of controllers is definitely an issue, but I'd say Splatoon is the multiplayer killer app.

Id say so too if Splatoon 2 had better local co-op than the original..

even splitscreen being available to all modes would be welcome (do like some games that go 3rd person when splitscreen..

These last few days shoild be quick for me. I am off Wed this week since my mom has to see an oncologist and I have my bday (Mar 2nd off) probably fill the remaining time with helping out more around the house, warhammer painting, and I got a master grade GM II (gunpla) to build and paint. Plus SRWz3.2 though I think SRWV should get here the monday or tuesday of launch week so I will be dropping z3.2 for it. (English language releases ftw)

Anybody holding off on buying many games at launch?

Like I'm holding off on zelda since I have the wiiU version on preorder for cheap. I want bomberman but I get the feeling that in 2-3 months it's going to be half the price. I also get the feeling most other 3rd party games will drop in price pretty quickly.

I hope the eShop and some demo hit at launch or I will have an expensive paper weight till I buy a game.