• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $840 (as of 06 February)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
therockdltj

PS 4 HUGE system update!!!!!!

82 posts in this topic

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/03/external-hdd-support-finally-coming-to-ps4-with-new-update?abthid=58948eda6bb741c956000003

"The PlayStation 4 is getting external hard drive support in the next system update.

System Update 4.50, codenamed Sasuke, will finally let owners plug in a USB 3.0 external hard drive to expand the console’s storage. HDDs up to 8TB in size are supported, and transferring software or downloadable content can be managed via the settings menu. All applications stored on an external hard drive will still show up on the main home screen."

@EternallDarkness

@skillzdadirecta

@GameDadGrant

@nacthenud

Fuck yeah! I think this is the first system update for any system ever I'm actually excited about. So happy I don't have to delete games anymore, my 2tb is already almost full. Also excited for 3D blu-ray in vr, can't wait to see what that looks like, I always thought that would be cool but wasn't sure if someone would do that.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Fuck yeah! I think this is the first system update for any system ever I'm actually excited about. So happy I don't have to delete games anymore, my 2tb is already almost full. Also excited for 3D blu-ray in vr, can't wait to see what that looks like, I always thought that would be cool but wasn't sure if someone would do that.

The last major update was pretty good. That was the one that added folders and allowed you to press share during a game without leaving the game.

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

*with support up to 8TB external hard drive :drool:

I hope no one across the internets complain about space issues on PS4 now haha. 

Nice. I'm so I just recently just got a pro after giving my brother my ps4. Been a while since I've used the system - what's up the spam messages?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Saw this on reddit!  If true,  there might be a "Boost Mode"  for PS4 Pro.  Will enhance older ps4 games that came out before the Pro. 

6mVIFjc.jpg

Oh shit. Best update EVER.

Awesome. I keep putting off downloading certain games because my drive is constantly full. I have an external drive that I'm not really using for anything at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

when does this update hit, is it out now? 

The beta just came out today i think for people that signed up. Not sure when the full update will get released. 

Boost mode confirmed by Sony.

Update: A Sony representative confirmed to Polygon that Boost Mode is part of the PS4’s v4.50 firmware update. Here’s how the company describes the feature:

Boost Mode lets PS4 Pro run at a higher GPU and CPU clock speed for smoother gameplay on some PS4 games that were released before the launch of PS4 Pro (and has not been updated to support PS4 Pro).

Games that have a variable frame rate may benefit from a higher frame rate, and load times may be shorter in some games too.

We’ve edited the article to reflect the statement.

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Love the news about the external HDD. Running out of space on my 500GB and I wasn't sure if I felt like dealing with the hassle of replacing it.

Even if you had 1 terabyte you would still be doing the memory management my friend. I was seriously considering getting a 2TB if not for this news. 

2 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Even if you had 1 terabyte you would still be doing the memory management my friend. I was seriously considering getting a 2TB if not for this news. 

I am already browsing around Amazon to see whether I want to go with a 2TB or 4TB.

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I am already browsing around Amazon to see whether I want to go with a 2TB or 4TB.

They are reasonably priced. I got to looking too after this announcement, lol!

13 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

got a 4 TB this week for my xbox 1 for 110 at BB this week (120 w/ tax)

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

External HD support is a big one for me.

Yes! It's been long overdue.