CitizenVectron

~~The Official Thread of Tweets, Tantrums, and Ongoing Minor Shit~~

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

The WH is apparently telling members of congress he'll support a short term DACA deal for "short term" wall funding  with no other conditions, wonder how long that lasts, lol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-is-open-to-short-term-daca-deal-white-house-tells-gop-leaders/2018/03/14/b08e364e-273a-11e8-b79d-f3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.c4dca0774da1

Art of the deal!

Fox News is mixing it up now... The new top 5 stories are...

1. Red Light Cameras in small town Ohio

2. Sessions might fire McCabe

3. Democrats are mad at Hillary over comments about white women

4. cop killer walks free (photo of black man)

5. Year old co-pilot rape story

20 minutes ago, ort said:

Fox News is mixing it up now... The new top 5 stories are...

1. Red Light Cameras in small town Ohio

2. Sessions might fire McCabe

3. Democrats are mad at Hillary over comments about white women

4. cop killer walks free (photo of black man)

5. Year old co-pilot rape story

It’s nice to see someone standing up to President Clinton. All I ever hear about is this Trump guy who couldn’t possibly be president since he got such fewer votes.

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

The WH is apparently telling members of congress he'll support a short term DACA deal for "short term" wall funding  with no other conditions, wonder how long that lasts, lol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-is-open-to-short-term-daca-deal-white-house-tells-gop-leaders/2018/03/14/b08e364e-273a-11e8-b79d-f3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.c4dca0774da1

On 3/14/2018 at 3:59 PM, Spork3245 said:

They’re dems.

Because of everything else going on there was a fairly muted reaction to the Dems giving votes to the banking deregulation bill.

What coverage there was focused on, "Oh, why would the Dems do this!?".

Almost no one asked, "Why did the Dems do this without getting anything in exchange?"

Just now, Chairslinger said:

Because of everything else going on there was a fairly muted reaction to the Dems giving votes to the banking deregulation bill.

What coverage there was focused on, "Oh, why would the Dems do this!?".

Almost no one asked, "Why did the Dems do this without getting anything in exchange?"

But they’re dems.

Teacher friend of mine just text me:

There is some sort of big flap going on in my school district because the Middle School apparently had a fire drill around 10. The parents are going nuts saying it was a mandatory walk out. The parents are saying their kids are being used as pawns.

... :/ 

On 3/14/2018 at 4:35 PM, Spork3245 said:

Teacher friend of mine just text me:

There is some sort of big flap going on in my school district because the Middle School apparently had a fire drill around 10. The parents are going nuts saying it was a mandatory walk out. The parents are saying their kids are being used as pawns.

... :/ 

I would say it's better than them being used as skeet, but the NRA would probably start running ads against me.

13 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I would say it's better than them being used as skeet, but the NRA would probably start running ads against me.

From skeet they came and so shall they go.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

McMaster and Shulkin seems pretty obvious at this point. I was at work when I found out about Tillerson and my first reaction was to laugh. My second was to say, "Ok, that means McMaster is gone and maybe Mattis....".

The news about Sessions is obviously huge. 

If and when it happens, it will be the red line telling us if there is anything the Republican Congress will draw a line over for Trump. I know some will scoff at the idea that such a thing is still an open question, but I mean that is the red line between waiting to vote them out this Fall, or taking to the streets in massive, nonstop protests. If Trump is willing to fire Sessions to get to Mueller, then it's guaranteed Pruit will give Trump the Clinton kangaroo court he's been begging for. We could legitimately see Trump's political rival arrested for being Trump's political rival. That is just one of the more likely things to happen, but if Congress won't step in for a Saturday Night Massacre, I think just about anything is on the table. Cancelling elections sounds crazy now, but give Republicans and Fox News a few months to work up justifications.

I would hope the PA election that just happened would convince Republicans not to go down with the ship(also have the benefit of being, you know, the right and moral thing to do), but I'm not counting on it. 

On the other side of the coin as far as timing goes, the House may have just signed a sort of suicide pact with Trump. By ending their investigation, Trump may feel that he's basically got the trump card on any dispute over the need for Mueller. Trump justifies firing Mueller because it was all a witch hunt, waste of money, partisan attack, and there was nothing to find anyway.  After ending their investigation saying pretty much the same thing, the House GOP doesn't have much footing for righteous indignation even if they want to show some.

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bolton? Get ready for war. If you thought the Iraq war was bad, just wait til we are fighting in Iran and Korea at the same time. Bolton is despicable. 

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Bolton? Get ready for war. If you thought the Iraq war was bad, just wait til we are fighting in Iran and Korea at the same time. Bolton is despicable. 

Ideally this is postering leading up to the meeting with Kim to convince him Trump really means business.

But what I worry about is that Trump has orchestrated this meeting because truly feels that what is needed in this stand off is for a tough American to sit across the table, look Kim in the eye, and say, "Either you get rid of your nukes or we'll come take them" and Kim will back down.

As we found out with the health care bill, though, we find that Trump overplays the take it or leave it card without a backup plan. If this is what Trump is going for, then I doubt he has an answer to Kim looking back at him and saying, "And then we will kill a million South Koreans in a day".

Just now, Chairslinger said:

Ideally this is postering leading up to the meeting with Kim to convince him Trump really means business.

But what I worry about is that Trump has orchestrated this meeting because truly feels that what is needed in this stand off is for a tough American to sit across the table, look Kim in the eye, and say, "Either you get rid of your nukes or we'll come take them" and Kim will back down.

As we found out with the health care bill, though, we find that Trump overplays the take it or leave it card without a backup plan. If this is what Trump is going for, then I doubt he has an answer to Kim looking back at him and saying, "And then we will kill a million South Koreans in a day".

"Those South Koreans didn't vote for me." 

That's probably more likely that Bolton ousts McMaster. 

That's really when the shit will hit the fan. The Trump admin will have its legs under it, finally, and competent people will be executing a hard line GOP agenda that features Trumpian protectionism and paranoia, to boot. 

I legit think the red line for Republicans is if Mattis goes, that's when this gets scary. Beyond that Republicans won't stand up to Trump because they fear the base. 

5 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

I legit think the red line for Republicans is if Mattis goes, that's when this gets scary. Beyond that Republicans won't stand up to Trump because they fear the base. 

At this point I don't see any red line for them because at this point I think it's pretty clear the party is covering for Trump not just to push their agenda but because a ton of them are complicit.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:40 PM, Jason said:

At this point I don't see any red line for them because at this point I think it's pretty clear the party is covering for Trump not just to push their agenda but because a ton of them are complicit.

And not necessarily just in a rhetorical sense.

If Mueller has damning, smoking gun style goods on Trump it's not hard to imagine a scenario where Nunes has some legal culpability. And could bring lesser known Congressional figures along with him like Manafort brought Gates.

6 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

And not necessarily just in a rhetorical sense.

If Mueller has damning, smoking gun style goods on Trump it's not hard to imagine a scenario where Nunes has some legal culpability. And could bring lesser known Congressional figures along with him like Manafort brought Gates.

Yeah, that' the sense I meant it in, the actual legal sense. Nunes probably wasn't running around trying to share info with Trump, for instance, but rather to see if HIS name showed up.

She also doesn't approve of Stormy's choices in life.