Sign in to follow this  
GuyWhoPostsThings

Halo Wars 2 has gone gold

35 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

So you sold items to get the game. I didn't get the season pass because I don't want the season pass. I still paid less for the same game, and if I buy the season pass separately I'll have still paid less. I legitimately have no idea what your argument is here but if you need to justify your purchase this badly then maybe you shouldn't have bought it at all :lol: 

Either you aren't getting what I'm saying, I'm just bad at explaining it, or its just gone over my head (probably one of the later two). If I'm coming off desperate to justify my purchase then I'm giving off the wrong vibes.

Halo Wars 2 ($60 retail, $40 Cdkeys), season pass ($30), Halo Wars Definitive Edition (not currently available outside of the Unlimited Bundle, we can guess a price of $20 if/when it will go for sale)

Total: $90 (with CDkeys pricing)

Ultimate edition: $80 ($68 CDKeys)

What I'm trying to get across is that if everything in the Ultimate edition is something that you would like its not that bad of a deal, even at full price.

If you aren't into the Season Pass or HW:DE great. Thats awesome that you got it for $42 bucks instead of $60.

My point comparing it with other games is that most current games, I'll use For Honor as an example, is a base game of $60 dollars and the season pass is $40. Its more money for arguably less content, depending on whats in the season pass.

Double Post

They somewhat detailed what the Season Pass will bring

Last week during the Halo Wars 2: Live launch event the team shared some additional details around what players can expect for Season Pass add-on content coming to Halo Wars 2. Starting in March, players can expect a content drop every third Wednesday of the month that kicks off with the release of a brand new leader, Kinsano (pictured at right). Future leaders (including unique units) and new campaign missions as part of "Operation: Spearbreaker" will be coming in the months ahead. I'll be joining a few members of the Halo Wars 2 team for a special panel at PAX East in March to go deeper on what's coming to Halo Wars 2. Stay tuned!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/wars-worlds-weaponry

11 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Either you aren't getting what I'm saying, I'm just bad at explaining it, or its just gone over my head (probably one of the later two). If I'm coming off desperate to justify my purchase then I'm giving off the wrong vibes.

Halo Wars 2 ($60 retail, $40 Cdkeys), season pass ($30), Halo Wars Definitive Edition (not currently available outside of the Unlimited Bundle, we can guess a price of $20 if/when it will go for sale)

Total: $90 (with CDkeys pricing)

Ultimate edition: $80 ($68 CDKeys)

What I'm trying to get across is that if everything in the Ultimate edition is something that you would like its not that bad of a deal, even at full price.

If you aren't into the Season Pass or HW:DE great. Thats awesome that you got it for $42 bucks instead of $60.

My point comparing it with other games is that most current games, I'll use For Honor as an example, is a base game of $60 dollars and the season pass is $40. Its more money for arguably less content, depending on whats in the season pass.

Right, and I still got a better deal than you did... So.... :P ?

Been playing pretty much just death match and it's been fun. Still figuring out what counters what best. I tried Rumble and fuck that. I played with my friend in a 3v3 stronghold game and the third guy just kept building his army and not moving them anywhere. We just quit. Sticking to death match.

7 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

Any tips? It's been forever and a day since I played an RTS game and this will be my first foray into Halo Wars 2.

I would say try each leader out and see what leader power you like. Each leader specializes in a specific unit. Cutter has ODST (infantry), Anders has Sentinal Airships (Air) and Isabel/Forge have Scorpion/Grizzlies (vehicles). Not familiar with the Banished but they have similar units. So if you play as Cutter be sure to upgrade your marines so that you can unlock ODST's. I also wouldn't recommend going online alone :P Try to pair up with someone you can communicate with. I have the most fun with the game in 2v2 or 3v3 with friends.

I was playing last night in Deathmatch modes with my friends in 3v3 and went 6-2 and most of the matches people kept trying to rush but we communicated with each other with counters to hold off the rushes and then we hit back while they were drained of resources for the win. In one match we got hit with a Scarab in the beginning of the match because the other two players were feeding their team mate resources. My friend who was attacked by the scarab lost his base but luckily my other friend was working on hornets and I had about 10 warthogs ready incase of a rush so I upgraded them to gosshogs and kept pumping them out. We got rid of the Scarab and helped our team mate rebuild while we went on the offense. It was a hilarious match because they just kept pumping out Scarabs but we had units to counter it every time. People just think if you make the most of the strongest unit you will win. There are counters for everything and it's fun watching teams unfold because they don't understand. I'm having loads of fun with this game!