• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,165 (as of March 22)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 25 - Stuff has Ryzen (featuring NextGen and Lucian04)   03/02/2017

On this episode we talk about the latest news that has...Ryzen from the tech world. Microsoft announces games as a service, @NextGen helps us talk about AMD and their new CPU and somewhere in here we have @Lucian04 talking to us about the salt mining business. We try to keep out Nintendo talk to a minimum but don't worry, we got lots of Nintendo talk on the next podcast! So join us as we have lots of stuffs to talk about in the latest edition of the D1Pcast!  Join us in this thread to discuss the show!   http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/topic/141114-d1pcast-episode-24-stuff-has-ryzenft-nextgen-lucian04/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Triage

I had some thoughts today that I wanted to post on FB but decided against it

30 posts in this topic

So things I've seen and I wanted to express my feelings thoughts on Facebook but once I wrote it down, I decided not to.. Decided to keep it short by saying don't be an asshole and if you want respect then give respect. But all that I wrote down is too hard to delete so I figured I will post it here: 

I  like to observe and read, I'm people watcher. And lately there are moments that make me go "smack my head". People that demand people to respect our new President Trump and in next post and post before, show disrespect all over Obama or other things. You want respect yet you don't give any.

People waste tons of time and energy each day looking for memes to insult each side. I'm not conservative I'm not liberal. I'm realist who sees wrong with both sides and isn't blind to what's wrong and disturbing. I am progressive because I do believe in improvement, growing and people being able to live lives as they chose to as long as it doesn't break rules where it endangers lives. Policies alone I am heavier on democratic side and that doesn't make me right nor wrong. I feel strongly about our planet, education and healthcare. And when my health hit rock bottom and I lost my job, it's the plans in place that took care of my medical bills and modify my house so I could keep it.

I feel bad for people who are so angry that need to post over and over again about the same topic BOTH sides. That cannot be healthy for one and you are wasting time instead of doing something productive or be the change you want. People judging and forcing their ideas yet don't think it over or research it. People who complaint about BLM but are okay with KKK still existing (don't be a hypocrite they are practicing Freedom of Speech and as long as they don't hurt people and property, let them be).

Our country is divided, you have 25% that voted Trump and most of them if you ask them (and I have) voted because they always vote that side. Some want change and are tired of what's going on  but have a list of things that don't like about him and believe maybe it's better not to have a politician in charge but a business man. 25% + voted Hillary and most of them voted because they always vote that side but also because they saw her dedication for this country and others. But lies and corruption was ignored because of fear of Trump presidency.

Then there is 50% that realized neither one is good both are corrupt. We as people need to stop picking sides and realize this is ONE country and we all live in it and we shouldn't follow blindly.

I am a very happy person because I have friends and family off all colors, cultures, political views, religions, sexual orientation and all walks of life and I still know who I am and need to do in my life. Makes me smart and I can connect to people and understand who they are. I don't shove my ideas but I share my point of view sprinkled with love and respect because that's the best way to be heard.

Learn to love and respect even if it doesn't go with what you believe and you will be a happier person. Let's all hope for the best for next 4 years and if it fails, we all lose. If it works, we all win. 

But honestly I am one sided and I find it hard to respect our new President to be. I don't say anything about it to keep peace. 

Emblazon brought up and good question to me, what will it take for them to admit Trump was a very poor decision? As in, what specifically has to happen for them to say, "yes, I wasted my vote and the country is worse off for it, possibly irreparably."

A lot of people who voted for him won't ever see eye to eye with us--they don't want marriage equality, they think women and minorities are beneath them, they want abortion to be illegal, they want planned parenthood defunded, they believe climate change is fake, and a slew of other mindboglingly ignorant points of view. How do you heal with that?

I forgot people don't like to read 

Is there a better place to put this thread on D1P where people will actually read and add input? @SFLUFAN

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I was interested, but then it was about election/trump shit. 

I don't blame yeah but this is first time I'm speaking out on this topic because I'm frustrated watching people I have respected for years say and act so ugly. And I'm one for peace and love.. Unicorns and rainbows 

You said everything right but like you said, people don't want to listen to reason. It's hard to respect Trump. Just praying everything will work out with him in office. I just hope us a people can come together as this election really divided us. 

Most people can't handle admitting they are wrong and accept accountability.  So they continue down their rabbit hole to try to convince themselves otherwise, and eventually, they do.  And with the rise of social media and the personalization of news, opinions, etc, this is easier than ever.

This applies to far more than just election stuff...

1 hour ago, Triage said:

How do you heal with that?

You don't, so why bother?

Look, I know that your heart is in the right place, but face the fact that this is very much a war between different sets of ideals, values, morals, ethics, etc.  So because it's a war, ACT like it's a war.  Don't censor yourself if that's how you feel, and if you lose a few friends along the way, then so be it.  Consider them to be "collateral damage" in this war.

The problem is that the Left (and you are VERY much a part of the Left) has become too soft and too intellectual for the sort of combat that needs to be engaged in if you want all those things that you clearly value so dearly to come to fruition.  Take a page from the Marxists and learn to actually fight!

2 hours ago, Triage said:

what will it take for them to admit Trump was a very poor decision? As in, what specifically has to happen for them to say, "yes, I wasted my vote and the country is worse off for it, possibly irreparably."

I don't want to be overly general, but I honestly can't think of anything that would prompt such a response from most people. The reason for that is something you've touched on, which is that political discussion in this country has become more about picking sides than about ideas, policies, or even facts.

This election we saw the GOP vote for someone that rejected so many core principles of conservatism because he successfully funneled their anger at the other side. It didn't matter that Trump rejected so much of what they'd long demanded from politicians, be it in policy proposals or even minimal ethical and moral standards. Even religion was tossed aside in favor of outrage.

It makes conversations around politics almost necessarily vitriolic, regardless of the topic.

I still have to believe that most people, regardless of politics, if you asked them without attaching names, would reject Trump and his actions. Ask them if they think it's a good idea to put a anti-vaxxer in charge of a federal committee on vaccines. Ask them if they think a president should hire family rather than experts. Ask them if a president should be able to hold onto international businesses during his term especially while withholding the nature of those businesses. Ask them if a president should attend intelligence briefings or be held responsible for blatant lies. Ask them if it's concerning that a foreign power leaked US officials private communications for political gains.

There are plenty of areas that people legitimately disagree on, but those issues and ideas hardly even exist in our political discourse. I don't pretend that my views on guns or health care or abortion are objectively correct or even that widely shared, but certain things should be universal. It's amazing how blinded our nation has become in its fit of partisan rage that so many are willing to ignore things would normally enrage us all.

I don't know where I'm going with this, or why I'm bothering to type it out, since none of it is news to anyone, but I suppose it can be helpful to vent frustrations.

A lot of helpful input and typing all out @TwinIon is venting and it helps. And I didn't think of the situation as "war" as @SFLUFAN said and yeah I might lose few friends "casualties of war". 

A lot of helpful input and typing all out @TwinIon is venting and it helps. And I didn't think of the situation as "war" as @SFLUFAN said and yeah I might lose few friends "casualties of war". 

EVERYTHING is war!

tldr

I like to watch people too.  Does that sound weird?

1 hour ago, Triage said:

I forgot people don't like to read 

Is there a better place to put this thread on D1P where people will actually read and add input? @SFLUFAN

Split up the huge paragraphs. Contrary to popular opinion, people do read long posts, it's single, long blocks of text that drive people nuts. 

Otherwise, I don't agree with everything you say, but you aren't totally wrong either. 

Politics is about perception, not truth, and that is something Trump played on very well. The man is a lot of things, but contrary to what some people would love to believe, he isn't stupid. He brushed off any complaint against him by pushing every one of the nations problems on to the backs of Hillary, Obama, and the dem's. 

I'm strongly conservative on economic issues, and strongly liberal on social issues, but even if I could vote, there was no way I could have ever voted for Trump OR Hillary. I just dislike them both too much. I certainly don't think she-bitch is any less corrupt than the cantaloupe with tourettes, she's just nbetter at hiding it (though not much better), and I think a lot of people who didn't vote felt the same. Now the country is facing what is probably the most uncertain presidency of all time, and everyone is scared or angry. 

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.\ (obligatory SW reference). There's a lot of fear and anger right now, not just in America, but across the whole world, and we are now starting to see the consequences of those those feelings. 

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

EVERYTHING is war!

Lol 

I hate confrontations 

love the Star Wars reference and yeah you would be with the 50% that didn't vote 

And I added some spacing in my OP 

@apoc81

did you like my post and then unlike it?

NOW THIS IS WAR!!!

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

NOW THIS IS WAR!!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

NOW THIS IS WAR!!!

Yes because I laughed at first then I realized you posted exactly what I expected from you so I was disappointed and I took SFLUFAN words and decided not to censor what I feel 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Look, I know that your heart is in the right place, but face the fact that this is very much a war between different sets of ideals, values, morals, ethics, etc.  So because it's a war, ACT like it's a war.  Don't censor yourself if that's how you feel, and if you lose a few friends along the way, then so be it.  Consider them to be "collateral damage" in this war.

The problem is that the Left (and you are VERY much a part of the Left) has become too soft and too intellectual for the sort of combat that needs to be engaged in if you want all those things that you clearly value so dearly to come to fruition.  Take a page from the Marxists and learn to actually fight!

They haven't become soft or intellectual. Their traditional attacks simply aren't working on Trump.  They over used the terms racist and extremist and people simply don't take the charge seriously anymore. 

The collapse of the publics trust in the media and Trump not behaving like a typical Republican who's terrified of the media has also hampered the left. 

40 minutes ago, Triage said:

Yes because I laughed at first then I realized you posted exactly what I expected from you so I was disappointed and I took SFLUFAN words and decided not to censor what I feel 

I still made you laugh though!  

Do you prefer me to be your man of mystery?  

When the election became about god's candidate, maybe you should ask people what religious values they think Trump holds.

8 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

To be honest, I don't mind soft lefties. Communism is a travesty of human reason and simply doesn't work unless you don't mind the majority suffering horribly.

@Triage do you mean respect as in "deep admiration of one's qualities" or respect as in "be courteous to others as you'd want them to be toward you."

The former requires one to earn, the latter is a given.

This election has demonstrated that the US is an unviable political entity. We now need to start positioning ourselves for what comes after as our fall has only been hastened with this creature as president.

A nation that has turned politics into the hippodrome deserves to fall. 

Wade is right, this is the run up to full war, as this nation is too disparate to last. Choose your side as the side that choose Trump is the side that will be our enemy in the future. A man who represents the antithesis of the American ideal is not one to side with. 

The dream of the federation should continue.

14 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

@Triage do you mean respect as in "deep admiration of one's qualities" or respect as in "be courteous to others as you'd want them to be toward you."

The former requires one to earn, the latter is a given.

The latter 

9 hours ago, kaberle said:

This election has demonstrated that the US is an unviable political entity. We now need to start positioning ourselves for what comes after as our fall has only been hastened with this creature as president.

A nation that has turned politics into the hippodrome deserves to fall. 

Wade is right, this is the run up to full war, as this nation is too disparate to last. Choose your side as the side that choose Trump is the side that will be our enemy in the future. A man who represents the antithesis of the American ideal is not one to side with. 

The dream of the federation should continue.

Rofl.

46 minutes ago, Engel said:

Rofl.

Grr public employees grr cal pets grr 

and service guarantees citizenship 

1 hour ago, kaberle said:

Grr public employees grr cal pets grr 

and service guarantees citizenship 

The election really did destroy your mind. 

Let's look at some presidential history.

Andrew Jackson forcibly removed native American tribes from their land threatened military force against south Carolina if they  continued to nullify federal law and if they seceded.  

Polk put American troops in harms way to start a war with Mexico.

FDR rounded up citizens and put them in internment camps.

Lincoln imprisoned journalists and shut down 300 newspapers. He suspended the writ of habeas corpus.

Has trump done or threatened to do anything close to the above?  

56 minutes ago, Engel said:

The election really did destroy your mind. 

Let's look at some presidential history.

Andrew Jackson forcibly removed native American tribes from their land threatened military force against south Carolina if they  continued to nullify federal law and if they seceded.  

Polk put American troops in harms way to start a war with Mexico.

FDR rounded up citizens and put them in internment camps.

Lincoln imprisoned journalists and shut down 300 newspapers. He suspended the writ of habeas corpus.

Has trump done or threatened to do anything close to the above?  

Rofl

On 1/11/2017 at 2:57 PM, SFLUFAN said:

RELEASE THE RUSSIAN BLACKMAIL TAPES!