osxmatt

Senior US intellgience officials presented classified Russian hacking report to Trump and Obama last week that shows Russia has compromising personal and financial info on Trump.

The story on golden showers wouldn't surprise me if it was true, however I think it is more plausible that:

• The Intelligence Community just added it to the report as a total fabrication to send a message to Trump
  • It's blatantly false

What I find hilarious is that the people saying it is a hoax are using 4chan as a source.  Just let that sink in a little ...

Isn't Trump a huge germaphobe/clean freak, piss sex stuff seems like it would fall well outside his wheelhouse.

Anyways that is all a side show, the real issue is his lawyer allegedly meeting with the Russians.  

5 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Isn't Trump a huge germaphobe/clean freak, piss sex stuff seems like it would fall well outside his wheelhouse.

This is true.

But pee is sterile.

49 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Here is a skeptical take from a reasonable voice in this area of international relations. 

http://www.raamoprusland.nl/417-the-trump-dossier-dynamite-or-disinformation

I think it's possible that some of this might be false, but it needs to be investigated.

Good read.

This is definitely one of those situations where a skeptical person should go out of their way not to indulge in the juiciness of these rumors, but find credible sources that doubt or question it's veracity. If you want to believe, go out of your way to disprove it.

In listening to to reports about this I was left with the same doubts as this article basically sums up. I don't think an outlet like CNN is being reckless in what they reported, but their assurance that the MI6 agent was "credible" kept making one word return to my head again and again; Curveball. If anything here should give us pause, imho, it's that so much of this seems based on one guy who is purportedly reliable.....but that's a weak link to base the whole story on. I can easily see stories in the weeks and months ahead that root out the source and say, "Yeah, this guy was a total fraud".

With all that said Cayce, since you have been following this closely, I am curious about the part of the CNN story that mentioned the former British ambassador that brought this information to John McCain, who then passed it along to Comey. How does this fit into the narrative. Does this line provide an independent source of similar information, or was the ambassador just passing along knowledge of the MI6 agents info? This seems unlikely because it sounds like this info was already well known and passed around by the time McCain received it.

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trump is being caught in lies now:

An aside from the whole Trump thing, Shaun King is a liar and we probably shouldn't use him as a trustworthy source.

Edit: on topic, I think the part about him talking about his relationship with Putin is braggadocio. The rest of it after that is just plain nuts.

4 minutes ago, Lucian04 said:

An aside from the whole Trump thing, Shaun King is a liar and we probably shouldn't use him as a trustworthy source.

It's a video of Trump. Watch the fucking video. 

You people that ignore direct quotes or video/audio because LOL BAD SOURCE are willfully ignorant. 

Anyways that is all a side show, the real issue is his lawyer allegedly meeting with the Russians.  

If trump is such a germaphobe then sex itself should be outside his wheelhouse yet we have trump bragging about sexually assaulting random women....

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

It's a video of Trump. Watch the fucking video. 

You people that ignore direct quotes or video/audio because LOL BAD SOURCE are willfully ignorant. 

Read my edit bruh

9 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

With all that said Cayce, since you have been following this closely, I am curious about the part of the CNN story that mentioned the former British ambassador that brought this information to John McCain, who then passed it along to Comey. How does this fit into the narrative. Does this line provide an independent source of similar information, or was the ambassador just passing along knowledge of the MI6 agents info? This seems unlikely because it sounds like this info was already well known and passed around by the time McCain received it.

I'm not sure it factors in. I read a blurb about it, but didn't give it much thought. These memos have been circulating at that level for a while now. I don't think a former British ambassador having them and passing them to McCain means they're any more authentic. Just that he thought it was worth letting people know, and that McCain thought it was worth the FBI investigating. 

40 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Also:

One last shot at me. Wait, what? One last shot beforehe is inaugurated? What’s he going to do after that?

Let’s not forget that the case for WMD in Iraq was based on the tales of a “credible” exile who hadn’t been in country for years (as fucking hilarious as this story, and the childish response, is).

2 minutes ago, outsida said:

If trump is such a germaphobe then sex itself should be outside his wheelhouse yet we have trump bragging about sexually assaulting random women....

I just get the image of Trump going around and grabbing women by the pussy, and then having his assistant hand him a baby wipe like Monk.

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

I'm not sure it factors in. I read a blurb about it, but didn't give it much thought. These memos have been circulating at that level for a while now. I don't think a former British ambassador having them and passing them to McCain means they're any more authentic. Just that he thought it was worth letting people know, and that McCain thought it was worth the FBI investigating. 

I was just wondering if I had missed any talk that the ambassador may have verified, or at least heard, details that would count as independent attestation. Like, from sources of his own in Russia.

Nah. 

But I do think that the article I posted earlier this morning makes a good point. What ex-MI6 agent has this many sources all the way at the top of the Russian government? Sources that are so willing to talk, at that?

It's too good to be true. I'm coming down more and more on the side that this is disinformation from the Kremlin to further divide Americans against each other. 

8 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Nah. 

But I do think that the article I posted earlier this morning makes a good point. What ex-MI6 agent has this many sources all the way at the top of the Russian government? Sources that are so willing to talk, at that?

It's too good to be true. I'm coming down more and more on the side that this is disinformation from the Kremlin to further divide Americans against each other. 

If this is misinformation, I think it's coming from a different source. The timelines on this don't match up at all for being Russian disinformation. 

7 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Not misinformation. DISinformation. 

in 

Misinformation is an unintended mistake or whiff of reporting. 

Disinformation is a falsehood that is intended to deceive. 

Fair enough. It's good to be precise on our terminology.

I don't see how this could be Russian sourced in either sense of the word. This goes all the way back to the Summer. That Russia would be involved in this being released now seems like painting a target around the arrow.

Why would they have curated this stuff at a time when, by all indications, they were doing everything they could to push Trump and hurt Clinton? They had no way of knowing that the media would sit on this info until after the election. It could have leaked and cost him the election.

1 hour ago, JohnMatrix said:

What in the hell?  I have no idea what to believe at this point ...

Perfect!! That's how a smoke cloud works, now get out of the way so I can slip all my shit past you.