Jump to content
osxmatt

Senior US intellgience officials presented classified Russian hacking report to Trump and Obama last week that shows Russia has compromising personal and financial info on Trump.

Recommended Posts

TwinIon    856
Just now, matthewsuperawesome said:

I mean to be fair, Donald Trump came out of nowhere politically in 2011 and started non-stop tweeting about birtherism and daily political rebukes of the establishment.

 

It kind of fits the timeline.

If the Russians were helping Trump and trying to boost his political profile, I imagine they could have come up with something more than a bizarre, baseless, racist lie, and have that be his only significant political talking point for years.

 

 

A lot of this stuff is problematic in the same ways that many conspiracy theories are. Sometimes Trump and the Russians need some kind of superpower to accomplish what's alleged, or at least a crystal ball. At other times, they're completely incompetent. To have the foresight to back trump in 2011, but the best you can do is birther stuff?

 

It wouldn't shock me if some of this is true, one way or another, but after reading through that document it seems to contain plenty of highly questionable assertions without any real proof.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
osxmatt    395
2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

If the Russians were helping Trump and trying to boost his political profile, I imagine they could have come up with something more than a bizarre, baseless, racist lie, and have that be his only significant political talking point for years.

 

 

A lot of this stuff is problematic in the same ways that many conspiracy theories are. Sometimes Trump and the Russians need some kind of superpower to accomplish what's alleged, or at least a crystal ball. At other times, they're completely incompetent. To have the foresight to back trump in 2011, but the best you can do is birther stuff?

 

It wouldn't shock me if some of this is true, one way or another, but after reading through that document it seems to contain plenty of highly questionable assertions without any real proof.

 

 

Have you met the post-Reagan GOP? A bizarre, baseless, racist lie literally sprung him to President of the United States.

 

I'm more shocked the Kremlin had such a clear and fundamental understanding of the Republican electorate back in 2011.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brick    495

True or not, I can see Trump ordering a golden shower just because it has gold in its name, without even realizing what it is.

 

 

Now of course he'll have to deny all of this. "I would never order a golden shower, that is untrue, and disgusting. The only golden shower I have ever bought is the one in my bathroom in my home in Trump Tower, believe me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Engel    1,176
1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

In what way? The worst situation is that there is no way to confirm some of this.

I'm shocked you believe all this uncritically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Art Vandelay    1,148

Fake news isnt fake news if you agree with it!

 

Good thing y'all havent been all out against fake news or someone could argue you guys were hypocrites. But that could never bee movie eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Massdriver    434

Who actually believes this right now? The Russians groomed Trump for 5 years? This sounds like Obama conspiracy stuff, although I admit that it is very interesting how specific the allegations are and that our intel is apparently investigating this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anathema-    3,225

At this point it doesn't matter if the pee story is real or not; I think we've already reached a critical mass where the legend has become truth.

 

As far as whether Trump has been under Russia's influence for years or not it doesn't seem implausible.  We can be incredulous about whether or not Putin was trying to line up a bullseye with Trump's candidacy or just trying to sow dissent but I think it's inarguable that the existence of a significant portion of the GOP primary electorate responding positively to direct appeals to racial resentment was well known and introducing a candidate into the process who could make those appeals without being beholden to party leadership would have a good chance of significantly disrupting our politics even if he never got out of the primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chairslinger    3,950

 

 

6 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Who actually believes this right now? The Russians groomed Trump for 5 years? This sounds like Obama conspiracy stuff, although I admit that it is very interesting how specific the allegations are and that our intel is apparently investigating this.

 

 

The link that Rico posted is good.

 

It's important to note that this is a whole slew of allegations. Some downright outrageous, and some very plausible imho,

 

All the sordid sex stuff just rings so much of age old character assassination that I really don't even think it worth considering without further evidence. The 5 year Mancurian Candidate thing also seems spectacular as to require really spectacular evidence before taking very seriously.

 

However, the allegation that the Trump camp was in contact, and maybe even coordinated with Russia, however is a story that goes all the way back to Manafort and the GOP platform(where Team Trump reportedly was totally disinterested in suggesting things except for one thing about Russia and Ukraine). 

 

From Rico's article....

 

 

Quote

 

Second, while unproven, the allegations are being taken quite seriously. The President and President-elect do not get briefed on material that the intelligence community does not believe to be at least of some credibility. The individual who generated them is apparently a person whose work intelligence professionals take seriously. And at a personal level, we can attest that we have had a lot of conversations with a lot of different people about the material in this document. While nobody has confirmed any of the allegations, both inside government and in the press, it is clear to us that they are the subject of serious attention.

 

Third, precisely because it is being taken seriously, it is—despite being unproven and, in public anyway, undiscussed—pervasively affecting the broader discussion of Russian hacking of the election. CNN reported that Senator John McCain personally delivered a copy of the document to FBI Director James Comey on December 9th. Consider McCain’s comments about the gravity of the Russian hacking episode at last week’s Armed Services Committee hearing in light of that fact. Likewise, consider Senator Ron Wyden’s questioning of Comey at today’s Senate Intelligence Committee hearing, in which Wyden pushed the FBI Director to release a declassified assessment before January 20th regarding contact between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. (Comey refused to comment on an ongoing investigation.)

 

So while people are being delicate about discussing wholly unproven allegations, the document is at the front of everyone’s minds as they ponder the question: Why is Trump so insistent about vindicating Russia from the hacking charges that everyone else seems to accept?

 

 

 

 

I wouldn't consider this fake news. A lot of the allegations deserve to be taken with a huge grain of salt. But Obama wasn't briefed by the FBI on Pizzagate. There is a difference here.

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xbob42    2,687

I wasn't sure whether to believe it or not, wanted more evidence.


Trump's all-caps twitter reply was all the proof I needed, though. (I actually had to go to click the link to make sure it was his real Twitter account, what the fuck, man. All caps? Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSoxFan9    2,340
10 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I wasn't sure whether to believe it or not, wanted more evidence.


Trump's all-caps twitter reply was all the proof I needed, though. (I actually had to go to click the link to make sure it was his real Twitter account, what the fuck, man. All caps? Methinks thou doth protest too much.

 

Even if it's fake, Trump will do everything in his power to give us a reason to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×