• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,515 (as of April 7, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Update on the single-device/browser login restriction issue some people are having.   04/04/2017

4/7/2017 update: Now people who've been affected by this are saying that it went away on its own after about a week. So I dunno, if this would really hugely inconvenience you try to not log in on additional devices/browsers until the 4.2 update that's supposed to hopefully resolve this for good.   original announcement: For a long time now, D1P has been limited to three logins at a time; logging in on a fourth device or browser would log you out everywhere else. Unfortunately, multiple people have been reporting that they've started experiencing being limited to ONE login at a time.   The good news is, Invision Power Services (the company that makes our forum software) is aware of the issue and will be addressing it in version 4.2 of the software, which is the next big update. The bad news is, they announced about a month ago (the beginning of March 2017) that the update will be coming out in "mid 2017", so we probably have at least another couple of months to go before this is resolved.   In the meantime, I apologize to those affected for the inconvenience, and would suggest to everyone else to not log in to additional devices until this is resolved if this is something you don't want to have to have to deal with. I'm still not 100% sure on why it's not affecting everyone and why it didn't hit everyone affected at the same time, but the timing of when the reports of this started here mostly lines up with when I've seen reports of other sites having this issue starting, and I suspect that the problem is trickling in because of people happening to hit a fourth login that logs them out everywhere else, and then proceeding to be limited to one login at a time after that.
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 26: The Retro Show   04/19/2017

It's time to have that talk with your kids. No not THAT talk, the talk about retro games and how much better things were back in our days! We have @Reputator join us and talk a bit about the Scorpio and some retro PC cards. [email protected] us about console retro gaming and how he just got his Super Mario USA. While @Jason tells us about the day his parents threw out all his retro consoles. A sad day for any gamer. So listen and give us your feed back about your retro gaming experience!    
matthewsuperawesome

Senior US intellgience officials presented classified Russian hacking report to Trump and Obama last week that shows Russia has compromising personal and financial info on Trump.

354 posts in this topic

My Jesus fuck.

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.

Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

I am by no means defending Trumpleforeskin but the article consisted mostly of allegations and nothing concrete. It was also funded by folks opposing him and while that doesnt make the info a lie it will cast a shadow over it in many peoples eyes. I hope something comes of this, if it doesnt this just gives more fuel to the fire of "big media spin".

So they do have dirt on him.

They're keeping it until a time when he is no longer useful to Russia. Then they'll release it as an attack on him as president, and I'll be forced to defend Trump against a Russian attack on the sitting US President. 

DAMN YOU RUSSIA

1 minute ago, Littleronin said:

So who is ready for January 20th's Inauguration of President Michael Richard Pence?

ME!

Race Bannon won't take no shit from no damn Russkies.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So basically we have a President Elect who is compromised due to shady financial dealings... If the Russians do have shit on Trump, whats to stop them from releasing it after his inauguration in order to further undermine our faith in our government.

Seeing it from their side, it's easier to hang on to the info and use it as a stick to get what they want out of Trump. 

For example, if they want no more NATO troops training in Estonia, they send that message through the Trump/Moscow backchannels (Carter Paige, maybe?) and threaten to release the information damning Trump unless he complies. 

Now, maybe it's information that isn't that bad in Trump's eyes. But again, he's a public perception guy. For all we know, it could be that Trump funded Vlad Putin's 2012 presidential campaign and that the GRU has photos of Trump without his wig on. I think the second one would get Trump's attention more than the first. 

One reason the nation's intelligence chiefs took the extraordinary step of including the synopsis in the briefing documents was to make the President-elect aware that such allegations involving him are circulating among intelligence agencies, senior members of Congress and other government officials in Washington, multiple sources tell CNN.

So the reason this has probably leaked is because the CIA  and others want Trump to know that they know.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

So the reason this has probably leaked is because the CIA  and others want Trump to know that they know.

The briefing they gave Trump covered it too. So...

:P 

Just now, CayceG said:

The briefing they gave Trump covered it too. So...

:P 

Sorry, I should have said the reason they presented it to Trump, not that it leaked, lol.

To be clear though, none of this has been independently confirmed by intelligence agencies, as of yet. The US intelligence agencies believe the author to be credible, but that doesn't necessarily mean his info is accurate. 

Accepting this as truth without reservation would be like the Trump supporters accepting that Clinton was involved in a child-sex ring. This does have a bit more weight than those fake news stories, but we can't treat it as fact.

And with Russian intelligence, we've seen that it doesn't have to be INACCURATE to be discounted. 

It will be lapped up if they so choose to release it.