GuyWhoPredictsThings

UPDATE: Eurogamer says it's cancelled. ORIGINAL: Scalebound? Scalebinned? Scalebound removed from Xbox websites, rumors that it's in trouble

Well no Fable, Scalebound or new Phantom Dust... REALLY starting to regret my Xbox One purchase now... if it wasn't for my FPS control preference being the Xbox controller it would have been a near total waste of money (at least there is Forza and Halo). 

1 hour ago, The def star said:

Bayonetta 2

The Legend of Korra

Transformers: Devastation

Star Fox Zero

Star Fox Guard

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

From those games in the last 2 years Bayonetta 2 has been the only game that I wanted to play. The other didn't fair to we'll critically or commercially.

Transformers is on my PS4 now, just waiting to be played. I actually didn't know it was a Plat game.

3 hours ago, ARZ said:

Haven't heard much from Crackdown, and that's nearly 6 months late already....hope it doesn't meet the same fate.

Crackdown is going nowhere.   They are saving it for Scorpio

If MS doesn't own the licence, then it could be put on another system. I don't know if the cancellation it MS's fault or not, but it would be interesting to see it on all consoles aside from the X1. 

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

If MS doesn't own the licence, then it could be put on another system. I don't know if the cancellation it MS's fault or not, but it would be interesting to see it on all consoles aside from the X1. 

I believe MS does own it.

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

IDK. I seen some people day this was the dude's dream game. Hard to think he would entrust it to MS. The only thing you can trust MS with is fucking up counting. 

Although I didn't think the game looked good from the footage, the combination of this being his dream game, his mental problems right now that he's had to step back from, and the game being cancelled, I hope the developer is all right.

Something that wasn't shown to the public:

During gamescom 2016 year they showed Scalebound in private showings.

They showed off something called "Dragon Link", something that they, as far as I know, haven't shown to the public ever and now possibly never will. Up until that point they only showed fairly basic combat that looked great but more in the vein of Dragon's Dogma and less like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. That's why many people used to Kamiya's games were pretty disappointed. And then they showed Dragon Link. It's a button you hold and then the camera switched into First Person Mode...and you controlled the dragon. So then you controlled the Dragon from Drew's perspective, which still looks HUGE because the camera doesn't zoom out but goes into first person and you fight against another huge Monster. And then they started comboing. They fluidly switched from Drew to the Dragon to Drew by holding or not holding the Dragon Link button. 

Think the weapon system of DmC but instead of holding a button to switch to a certain weapon you hold a button to switch to a fucking dragon. So these two characters juggled that huge monkey enemy into the air with all the usual attacks and combos you know from Platinum Games only it was A HUGE GODDAMN DRAGON DOING THE COMBOS. There was a combo counter and a rating and everything. It was their direct answer to the "Where is the Platinum action?" question.

It looked fucking great and as far as I'm aware they have never released that footage, just as they never showed the HUGE array of customising options and RPG features.

I'm so mad about this cancellation. Goddamnit.

If I was MS i'd have canceled that shit too. Especially if after four years it was still in a rough state.

I have no doubt game development is a stressful profession but it always seems like the Japanese make the process harder on themselves than it needs to be. Just look at Gran Turismo.

The gameplay for this game looked like abysmal garbage. I got bored enough to feel a pang of irritation with just the E3 presentation. Not one microsecond of the presentation presented me with the slightest bit of excitement.

And if that dragon link is real, that sounds like stupid bullshit, too. Yay, switching to a first-person dragon view during combat! Doesn't sound like a clusterfuck at all!

If MS was somehow shitty enough to them to where they were going to crap out a bad game, that's awful. But maybe MS was shitty because the game was shitty.

This game was shown so far out that the first couple of looks where just made up. It is too bad that the game started to show some promise last time it was shown. I hope the developers are ok and I look forward to their next game whatever that will be.

So...time for Microsoft to go third party? :P

41 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

This game was shown so far out that the first couple of looks where just made up. It is too bad that the game started to show some promise last time it was shown. I hope the developers are ok and I look forward to their next game whatever that will be.

Wasn't the last time it was shown E3? If so, I don't see how anyone could see that and not think "This looks like a bad, boring game."

6 hours ago, Engel said:

The game looked like shit.

I wouldn't go that far but it looked like the theme would get old pretty quick.

6 hours ago, The def star said:

Bayonetta 2

The Legend of Korra

Transformers: Devastation

Star Fox Zero

Star Fox Guard

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

From those games in the last 2 years Bayonetta 2 has been the only game that I wanted to play. The other didn't fair to we'll critically or commercially.

Bayonetta 2 is the only game on that list that Kamiya had a hand in. His most recent games include Bayonetta 1/2, The Wonderful 101, Okami, and Viewtful Joe. All great games. 

Yeah Platinum has been exposed. Their "A" team games are great but anything not produced by the "A" team sucks.

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Wasn't the last time it was shown E3? If so, I don't see how anyone could see that and not think "This looks like a bad, boring game."

Scaleboundtown.gif
giphy.gif

There was some promise there.  The combat, oddly, looked like the lowpoint.  Especially the E3 presentation, but that kind of goes without saying.

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Don't worry. As Phil Spencer said "Difficult decision, we believe result is better 4 Xbox gamers, still disappointing. Im confident in 17 lineup thats our focus". More Forza, Halo and Gears!

Wow, that's a real quote.  How can it be better for Xbox gamers not to have this game finished to completion?

18 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Wow, that's a real quote.  How can it be better for Xbox gamers not to have this game finished to completion?

If the game sucked it wouldn't be good to release and it would cost MS quite a bit of money. MS could allocate the money that they were putting into Scalebound into one of their other projects. I'm sure they just decided to take the loss in what they already put into it. I don't know if the game was gonna suck but judging from Platinums previous pedigree and their recent releases I don't think MS would have cancelled this unless it was in development hell.

There are people out there that are saying there is a juicy story to this cancelation and I am very keen on hearing what went on behind the scenes. This game looked promising. It didn't blow my socks off of what they have showed but who doesn't like a game with dragons :P