• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We have @SeVeN CDN and @GuyWhoPostsThingsjoin @SFLUFAN and @Mr.Vic20 and I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
GuyWhoPostsThings

UPDATE: Eurogamer says it's cancelled. ORIGINAL: Scalebound? Scalebinned? Scalebound removed from Xbox websites, rumors that it's in trouble

126 posts in this topic

From Shinobi on GAF:

Yea, heard it's been canned. Super rough development, milestones missed, payments stopped. Kamiya stressed as hell.

44 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If true, this has been a generation of massive Microsoft fuck ups. 

So Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, Scalebound and Black Tusk Studio's pre-Gears game.  Any others?  I've learned to never trust games revealed with a CG trailer this gen.

I've got to wonder what the end game is here for Microsoft.  This is their first generation without a new marquee franchise.

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well THAT would fucking suck. I was really looking forward to this one.

It was the game I was most excited about playing on PC when Microsoft announced all their future games would be there.

Actually, on second thought, ReCore was... sounds like it ended up being a bargain purchase though.  Plus I don't want to deal with the Windows 10 Store unless I have to.

I'm not awfully surprised. What they showed of gameplay looked pretty stale to me anyway.

Thinking back, Scalebound had a really disappointing E3 last year.  It didn't look like a Platinum Game.  I remember reading about it being open world, or something like that.  Might have been cool riding around on the dragon.

Hope we see stuff leaked from it soon.

Haven't heard much from Crackdown, and that's nearly 6 months late already....hope it doesn't meet the same fate.

19 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Thinking back, Scalebound had a really disappointing E3 last year.  It didn't look like a Platinum Game.  I remember reading about it being open world, or something like that.  Might have been cool riding around on the dragon.

Hope we see stuff leaked from it soon.

The name sounded familiar, but I wasn't sure if it was this game or not. I remember watching that video and being extremely disappointed with the game play. I'm not surprised it got cancelled. I feel it wouldn't really hold up well to today's standards.

39 minutes ago, ARZ said:

Haven't heard much from Crackdown, and that's nearly 6 months late already....hope it doesn't meet the same fate.

Last I heard is that Crackdown is supposed to release about the same time as Scorpio and heavily take advantage of its power... at this point who knows.  Could easily be vapor too.

After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for "Scalebound." We're working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including "Halo Wars 2," "Crackdown 3," "State of Decay 2," "Sea of Thieves" and other great experiences.

Geez, the E3 2014 games:

Scalebound: Now cancelled.

Phantom Dust: New one was originally announced. Now, it's an HD port.

Fable Legends: Cancelled.

Crackdown 3: Went through development trouble according to some GAF insiders, but this MS statement makes me think they're more confident in its release

Wow, that's a surprise. I thought it looked pretty far along at E3, but I imagine we'll find out how they scrambled to put that demo together.

Shame, it looked like it had potential.

While I was looking forward to it because it was advertised as a huge open world co-op game, made by a company known for delivering on amazing combat, the last E3 wasn't a great showing for it, and tampered by excitement a bit.  

While it looks bad for MS to be canceling projects, if they set up timelines and expectations and the developers are just eating through cash and not delivering, what else can you really do.  You can't just keep throwing money at something indefinitely.  

Oh yeah, and since the initial unveiling, that main character with the headphones just came off as really dumb in that setting.  

Give it 7 more years it'll be back into production with a flimsy release date and multiple delays.

I was looking forward to this game but can't say I was sure I was going to get it. With Platinum not really delivering on their past couple games maybe this was heading in the same direction? It was a really cool concept hopefully Platinum gets their shit straight.

Bayonetta 2

The Legend of Korra

Transformers: Devastation

Star Fox Zero

Star Fox Guard

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

From those games in the last 2 years Bayonetta 2 has been the only game that I wanted to play. The other didn't fair to we'll critically or commercially.