Yacht Club Games announce Mina the Hollower and Kickstarter

Brian

I’m sorry but 2D graphics didn’t look good until 16bit for the most part, I don’t see the point in emulating that look, the fad should be over. 16bit is a legit style that can timelessly look good, just do that. 8bit was only like a 6 year period and barely any of those games even hold up. Not to be a downer but enough.

11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

@Comet - did you know about this? :p

I did not! Last time I was in contact with them they were focusing on all sorts of Shovel Knight DLC and spin-off content and playing around with the idea of a 16 bit sequel!

I need an IV drip of this straight into my veins 

34 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Shouldn't Yacht Club be beyond crowd-funding by now? Especially for a game like this?

That was my thought as well. Some Kickstarters feel like more elaborate preorders than “we won’t be able to make this game without this money”

59 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Shouldn't Yacht Club be beyond crowd-funding by now? Especially for a game like this?

Yeah didn't Shovel Knight sell like hot cakes? 

Anyway, the game looks great and I'll buy it when it comes out. That being said, I'm also not really that into the 8-bit style either, I vastly prefer 16-bit. 

9 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

They address this in the kickstarter info. 

"Compared to our original Kickstarter, we’re not in dire straits! We’re financing a majority of Mina the Hollower's development internally. Our main reason for launching a Kickstarter this time is to build a brand new universe in the same way we did with our first game, Shovel Knight—with our community involved in creating something special along with us! Every backer that joins the development will help to make a more robust game. Together, we’ll break new ground!"

Soo.... they're doing a kickstarter so that the community can get involved with the development...

Spoiler

They also definitely know they can get tons of money this way so why not?

If people are willing to pay for it in advance, then they'd be a silly not to accept more money. 

The game looks sick, it might be the first Kickstarter that I back (unless I forget like with all the others I intended on backing, LOL)