Cannabis has contributed $43.5 billion to Canada's GDP since legalization

canadian-cannabis-excise-stamp-on-a-pot-
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

A new report says cannabis has contributed $43.5 billion to Canada's gross domestic product and $13.3 billion to Ontario's since recreational pot was legalized in October 2018.

The report offers a window into how the Canadian cannabis industry has impacted the country's finances over the last few years and ultimately, concludes that the sector is "already an important source of economic growth."

"In the span of three years, the Canadian cannabis sector has found its footing and emerged as a thriving new source of economic growth, creating and supporting tens of thousands of jobs in communities countrywide," the report said.

The research also estimates that the industry has generated $15.1 billion in Canadian tax revenues and $3 billion for Ontario.

:call:

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

I bet you buy accessories ;). I'm contributed hundreds to glass artists myself. 

Well between myself and buying for friends. Yeah I think I’ve purchased like 6-7 Arizer Solo II Vaporisors, Arizer Air II vape, bong for myself/friend, ash catchers for bong, and a Dab press. Yeah I have done my part and I gotta get my next grow going soon hopefully. Thinking so of dialing it down to 4 plants instead my usual 8. Strains I have in mind are Killer A5 Haze, Golden Tiger, Blue Cheese(maybe save for outdoor grow), and still deciding on number 4.