Guinan says Nazis and Jews "are two white groups of people".

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't think this interview helped

Ummm, Whoopi and Stephen, you might want to look up “One-drop Rule” when you have some time. American racism is unquestionably not limited to outward appearance.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also, that's a poor excuse. I mean you can gather what a Jewish person looks like from appearance alone a lot of the time.

It also presupposes marking them was only about being able to recognize who was Jewish, and not a system of oppression itself. It was meant to humiliate the Jewish people.

• 10 months later...

On a more controversial note, race rhetoric is a death spiral specifically because of these scenarios. There's far less use case trying to pin 'objectivity' over something that is both patently false, and frankly a matter of opinion. Better to identify the castes and indicate the populations from that perspective. Discrimination is largely an economic pact.

• True 1

9 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Antisemitism in the black community is rampant.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and push back against this. A couple of ignorant celebrities saying dumb shit is not proof of anything being "rampant". Because of the internet and the growing influence of the Israelites online, a lot of misinformed black people see themselves as the "Original Hebrews." It's bullshit, but its also not as widespread as Kanye, Whoopi and Kyrie would leave a news watcher to believe. Now homophobia and transphobia? Yeah THOSE are rampant in the black community for sure because of the black church and even THAT is changing for the better. Anti Asian sentiment is as well unfortunately because of a lot of black people's views that Asians particularly have exploited the black community often having businesses in those communities while not being a PART of those communities. It's unfortunate but as I've said to friends and family, White Suprmecists DREAM in this country is having the two groups they hate they most be at odds with each other and that's Jews and African Americans. Let's not perpetuate that.

Also I was confused by the topic title... who is Guinan? 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and push back against this. A couple of ignorant celebrities saying dumb shit is not proof of anything being "rampant". Because of the internet and the growing influence of the Israelites online, a lot of misinformed black people see themselves as the "Original Hebrews." It's bullshit, but its also not as widespread as Kanye, Whoopi and Kyrie would leave a news watcher to believe. Now homophobia and transphobia? Yeah THOSE are rampant in the black community for sure because of the black church. Anti Asian sentiment is as well unfortunately because of a lot of black people's veiws that Asians particularly have exploited the black community often having businesses in those communities while not being a PART of those communities. It's unfortunate but as I've said to friends and family, White Suprmecists DREAM in this country is having the two groups they hate they most be at odds with each other and that's Jews and African Americans. Let's mot perpetuate that.

Also I was confused by the topic title... who is Guinan? 

Guinan is Whoopy's character in TNG. She is a soothsayer and also an idiot.