Sign in to follow this  
Lucian04

Shooter (arrested) at Fort Lauderdale Airport. One dead, nine injured.

3 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

He has accused me thus "You're demonizing a service member". If he is not defending the actions he is defending the shooter which is splitting hairs imo 

Do you agree with his sentiments or not?

Well, you are demonizing a service member for having mental health problems. 

Kab's argument boils down to the fact that this shooter was having mental health issues, sought help, didn't receive it, and then his mental issues took over and prompted him to go on a spree. It could have been stopped. It wasn't. The guy did pull the trigger, but it wasn't wholly his fault that the situation came to that. 

I am truly sorry to see you say such things, What swamp did you crawl out of...

One that permits a higher evolutionary state than yours apparently.

1 hour ago, mikee002 said:

It was your "terroristic" quote you dopey doughtnut, try reading the huff post article you posted you twat, you flange, you stupid dripping gash.

How dare you insult the dead, the bereaved and the injured with your sycophantic mutterings. He was the worse type of low life sub-human coward who in a pre-planned op targeted the old and weak in a place he knew they were defenceless . 

Is this what you came here to defend, hang your head in shame, You are an insult to the human race let alone the uniform,

Seriously - English isn't your first language, is it?  Please, please, please - tell me it isn't.

You have completely misconstrued the central thrust of the article, to say nothing of Kab's rationale for posting it.  Several notable quotes from said article -

Esteban Santiago, 26, had trouble controlling his anger after serving in Iraq and told his brother that he felt he was being chased and controlled by the CIA through secret online messages. When he told agents at an FBI field office his paranoid thoughts in November, he was evaluated for four days, then released without any follow-up medication or therapy.

Bryan Santiago said he noted that his brother was behaving differently when he returned from Iraq.

"He sometimes couldn't control his anger," he said. "You could tell something had changed."

Bryan Santiago said that when he went to visit his brother in Alaska last August, he said Santiago told him he was hearing voices and felt he was being chased.

Bryan Santiago said his brother had requested psychological help but barely received any.

While it is unclear if Esteban Santiago had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, as many as one in five veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan develop the affliction each year, according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. A 2014 Veterans Affairs study found that almost 30 per cent of veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan who sought treatment at VA hospitals were diagnosed with PTSD symptoms.

So, I'll ask again - are you ignorant of certain nuances of the English language, or are you just a selectively partisan imbecile?

The USA's outright failures in treatment of returning veterans is well-documented.  There are any number of statistics and studies which speak to the difficulty that far too many returning service personnel struggle with following combat, and that doesn't even include those who are diagnosed with (or awaiting consultation for diagnosis of) PTSD.  Now, portions of the article may be correct, in that it may not be the FBI's responsibility to proffer treatment, but that doesn't absolve the Armed Forces of their culpability in properly tending to the welfare of returning veterans (although in fairness, they aren't solely to blame).

Do you have ANY familiarity with PTSD?  Of the effects that it can have on a person's psyche and their behavior?  Are you aware that, for example, for decades, those actually suffering from PTSD were misdiagnosed with any number of other psychological disorders including, but not limited to, bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia, and/or oppositional defiant disorder?

Are you aware that diagnostic and treatment modalities for PTSD are still very much an evolving field, with practitioners and researchers alike still waging constant battles for a more comprehensive spectrum to be recognized by the DSM, and that because of the DSM's failures in this regard, this remains a field in which large portions of clinicians are still unversed in promising treatments such as (for example) EMDR?

So no, you cretinous buffoon, this isn't some partisan piece about TERRORISM.  It's an indictment of the (alleged) failures of the US government in recognizing and treating the mental illness of someone who sought help, received nothing in return, and ultimately succumbed to his illness in a horrific fashion.

And if you really don't believe that PTSD can have such an impact, then I'd recommend you educate yourself.  The Body Keeps The Score is an excellent starting point.

He's from the UK (see his use of "defenceless") so it's entirely possible that his grasp of the English language is terribly limited.

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

He's from the UK (see his use of "defenceless") so it's entirely possible that his grasp of the English language is terribly limited.

I was told by an Englishman and an Irishman last week that in the circumstance of "countries that end in two consonants," the countries Hungary and Vatican City counted. 

Y is not a consonant in those countries. Everyone on the British Isles is insane, I'm convinced.

8 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

You are simply making excuses for a terrorist and a cold blooded murderer and I am sick of hearing those excuses.

"Oh he was radacalised by his brother, Oh he was a closet homosexual, Oh he was suffering from mental health issues

As for banging on about mental health you are clueless. He went to claim mental health issues for extra monies and simply got caught out. He was a con artist as well as a woman batterer as well as coward....

Is there no bottom to the pit you fester in, Oh Brownin Tongue

Did you drool on yourself while you wrote this? You seem extremely unhinged.

Just now, mikee002 said:

The funny thing is I work in mental health, I know how difficult it is when you are on the wrong side of a discharge,  As I mentioned in another thread I start the day with a list of deliberate self harms and it does effects me. But I do not see in that airport assassin what I see at work and I make no excuses for savaging his defenders. I will make them drool.

Lol are you trolling? Who are you going to 'make drool?' What does that even mean? You're taking internet-tough-guy cringe to never before seen levels. 

And this is coming from someone who's usually accused of being bigoted against Muslims.

4 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

The funny thing is I work in mental health, I know how difficult it is when you are on the wrong side of a discharge.

Being a patient doesn't count as working in mental health.

And bullshit.  No way in hell is someone who works in the field so demonstrably ignorant.

1 minute ago, mikee002 said:

It is a play on words, Are you drooling, I will make them drool.

How can you take that seriously?

Serious question: Are you autistic or something? You don't seem to process meaning very well.

3 minutes ago, GoldenTongue said:

Being a patient doesn't count as working in mental health.

And bullshit.  No way in hell is someone who works in the field so demonstrably ignorant.

Somebody call the fire department. There are some serious burns here!

What did I copy and paste?

I am by no means an expert, although I have read quite a bit on the subject, between my own interests (having several family members who struggle with mental illness), and those of my girlfriend (master's degree in clinical psychology).

Tell you what - find evidence that my post is a copy/paste, and not my own writing, and I'll PayPal $10,000 to the email address of your choice.

And I stand by what I said.  No way in hell does someone who works in the field display such unparalleled ignorance and callousness.

20 hours ago, mikee002 said:

The funny thing is I work in mental health...

Well, that explains a LOT about the condition of the NHS!

6 hours ago, mikee002 said:

I am truly sorry to see you say such things, What swamp did you crawl out of...

I think Mike has a problem with seeing shades of gray.

The other utter bullshit that the mouth-breathing-troglodyte espouses is two fold. 1.) Anyone who is Muslim/Arabic can't have mental health issues, they're clearly just terrorists cause it's clearly innate to them, or something. 2.) Anyone who states that they're a terrorist is a sympathizer, regardless of context, like, ohhh, voices are recruiting me, the CIA is tracking me etc, they said terrorism they're not mentally ill, they're just a dirty terrorist, kill em.

This is the same bullshit "logic" that caused "that woman looked at my wagon and it's wheel fell off, burn her at the stake for witchcraft!"

Fucking idiot. 

19 minutes ago, mikee002 said:

Is he Esteban Santiago a terrorist or not?  

"Terrorist" is a political term just like "Freedom Fighter" or "Revolutionary."

A better question is: Did he commit an act of terror?

That leads to an examination of what terror is. An act of terror needs to have a motivation behind it that is intended to cause fear to further a purpose intended by the perpetrator. Usually that comes after a perpetrator has been "radicalized."

I haven't been following the details too closely, but I don't think he was radicalized. Has any information been released saying he had been?

In all, I think this is merely a gun crime perpetrated by a mentally unhealthy man that mirrors some of the buzzwords common to modern acts of Islamic terror. 

So no. He isn't a "terrorist."

Never go full Mikee. 

Its so fucking obvious the man had mental health problems. The system failed him. You;d have to be blind and stupid to say otherwise.