• Announcements

    • SFLUFAN

      D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

      I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

      D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

      E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucian04

Shooter (arrested) at Fort Lauderdale Airport. One dead, nine injured.

223 posts in this topic

How far does the rabbit hole go?

 

Ronald Reagan 

 

RR (Red Ribbon from DBZ)

 

R is the  18'th letter in the alphabet 

 

RR 18 aka Android 18 

 

Android 18 is a pure blonde blue eyed aryan cutie pie who gets devoured by a foreign nemesis named cell 

 

Ronald Reagan did 9/11 confirmed 

 

c18.jpg

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

 

Why would anyone apologize to a Semite when your religion is responsible for the "evil" that Islam to begin with?  If you all had done the right thing and just given in to Rome and become pagans or converted to Christianity, we wouldn't have this problem to begin with.  Instead, you chose to reject the Messiah and therefore lay the basis for your Arab Semite cousins in Arabia.  It was your Jewish influence upon the Arabian tribes that caused them to create this "new" religion called Islam which borrows heavily from your Torah.  It was you who welcomed the followers of Muhammed into Jerusalem because you wanted to get back at the Christian Romans.  Your religion and that your Arab Semite cousins are inextricably joined at the hip.

 

This is all on you.  Own your collective guilt!

 

Butterfly effect logic doesn't work. If Mao's parents hadn't met, Mao wouldn't have existed and 50+ million Chinese people wouldn't have died. But are you really going to blame a mass genocide and famine on Mao Yichang's erection? Morality doesn't quite work that way. :P

 

(Yes, yes, morality doesn't exist. You don't need to go down that road).

 

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Would slavery count among those "ideas" and "values"?  Because all that free labor certainly contributed to making America "great in the first place".

 

 

Come on, that's crap. This association between the US and slavery is an invention of the modern left.

 

The US obviously didn't invent slavery, it wasn't unique about its slavery practices in any way, and it certainly wasn't one of the worse practitioners in either longevity or severity. Slavery wasn't an American phenomenon; it was a universal phenomenon. It was a part of the human race that existed in almost every society the world has over known.

 

What distinguishes the US is that it's the country that abolished slavery. It's the country that took this ubiquitous human practice and actually took a stand against it. The country even fought a civil war (the bloodiest war in its history) for the purpose of abolishing slavery. This association people draw between the US and slavery is nonsense. In both words and deeds, the US is probably the most anti-slavery country in the history of mankind. No one else has taken a stand against it like that. And of course, the US's abolition of slavery led to countless other countries following suit. The US is the reason why freedom exists in the Western world today.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, heyyoudvd said:

What distinguishes the US is that it's the country that abolished slavery. It's the country that took this ubiquitous human practice and actually took a stand against it. The country even fought a civil war (the bloodiest war in its history) for the purpose of abolishing slavery. This association people draw between the US and slavery is nonsense. In both words and deeds, the US is probably the most anti-slavery country in the history of mankind. No one else has taken a stand against it like that. And of course, the US's abolition of slavery led to countless other countries following suit. The US is the reason why freedom exists in the Western world today.

 

The fact that it took a war to end slavery in the United States is NOT evidence of any type of great moral superiority.  In fact, BECAUSE the founders of the United States were well aware of the immorality of slavery at the founding of the nation and chose to not abolish it anyway (for practical reasons)  when there was a unique, unprecedented opportunity for a slavery-free tabula rasa of a new nation means that they are EVEN MORE morally culpable than those nations where slavery had existed for far longer period of time.  In essence, the United States was born with "original sin" and has yet to fully absolve itself of it.

 

Slavery was abolished in the British Empire in 1833 with exemptions and those exemptions were abolished in 1843.  And it didn't take a war to do it either.

 

Here, have a timeline of slavery abolition.

 

I should ban you for such nonsense.

 

11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, heyyoudvd said:

 

the US is probably the most anti-slavery country in the history of mankind. No one else has taken a stand against it like that. And of course, the US's abolition of slavery led to countless other countries following suit. The US is the reason why freedom exists in the Western world today.

 

heartbreaking-photos-of-Child-labour-in- 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Dvd has got to be this board's most dishonest poster. 

 

It's not his fault.  His race is naturally prone to that condition.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Here, have a timeline of slavery abolition.

 

I should ban you for such nonsense.

 

 

 

That timeline is highly misleading because it makes no distinction between legal proclamation and actual cultural practice. There are multiple countries on that list that have "abolished slavery", in which slavery is still widespread to this very day - particularly in the Middle East and Africa.

 

And I'd argue that fighting a war for the cause is absolutely evidence of moral superiority. It's one thing to write a piece of paper within a parliament; it's a whole different thing to actually spill your blood for the cause. Think about how many white people fought and gave their lives to free black people. That says something about the commitment to the cause.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, heyyoudvd said:

 

 

That timeline is highly misleading because it makes no distinction between legal proclamation and actual cultural practice. There are multiple countries on that list that have "abolished slavery", in which slavery is still widespread to this very day - particularly in the Middle East and Africa.

 

And I'd argue that fighting a war for the cause is absolutely evidence of moral superiority. It's one thing to write a piece of paper within a parliament; it's a whole different thing to actually spill your blood for the cause. Think about how many white people fought and gave their lives to free black people. That says something about the commitment to the cause.

 

:rofl:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, markot said:

Eh, screw you buddy. The British Empire did the most to end slavery.

 

There is no question of this.

 

britain: I think we should ban this, let's discuss it. Ok yeah that's a good idea. 

 

Bans slavery.

 

US: I think we should ban this,let's discuss it. "FUCK YOU DONT TAKE MY SLAVES! STATES RIGHTS! NIGGERS ARE MEANT TO BE BENEATH WHITE PEOPLE! WERE LEAVING!

 

well guess it's time to fight. 

 

Bans slavery, except those already in prison.

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I'd argue that fighting a war for the cause is absolutely evidence of moral superiority. It's one thing to write a piece of paper within a parliament; it's a whole different thing to actually spill your blood for the cause. Think about how many white people fought and gave their lives to free black people. That says something about the commitment to the cause.

I suppose I should not be surprised that this definition of "moral superiority" comes from a member of a tribe whose main "contribution" to the human project is a mediocrely-written book that features a Supreme Deity with a penchant for blood sacrifice.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The civil war was necessary because the southern states went to war to defend the practice of slavery but the civil war was not started with the purpose of ending slavery.  Jesus Christ.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I suppose I should not be surprised that this definition of "moral superiority" comes from a member of a tribe whose main "contribution" to the human project is a mediocrely-written book that features a Supreme Deity with a penchant for blood sacrifice.

 

Have you forgotten about bagels? Everyone loves bagels.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The civil war was necessary because the southern states went to war to defend the practice of slavery but the civil war was not started with the purpose of ending slavery.  Jesus Christ.

 

Surprise, surprise, the Canadian doesn't know the basics of US history.

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mikee002 said:

 

 

ya the Isis salute says hello, look it up...

 

Perhaps he ran out of bullets, his gun jammed or he had a change of heart, grow up

 

 

 

10 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

 

LOL. 

 

 

 

And he ran out of bullets.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could have always committed suicide by cop, but he made no effort. Just laid down and waited for them to come.

 

Doesn't exactly sound like jihadi behavior.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could have always committed suicide by cop, but he made no effort. Just laid down and waited for them to come.

 

Doesn't exactly sound like jihadi behavior.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps he thought running out of bullets was a sign Inshallah

 

If suicide was inherent in jihadi behavior there would be no more jihadis

Suicide is still a sin, Dying in an act of Jihad trumps all sins hence the sin of suicide is washed away

 

It is not as simple as time to die today for every jihadi imho

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

 

The fact that it took a war to end slavery in the United States is NOT evidence of any type of great moral superiority.  In fact, BECAUSE the founders of the United States were well aware of the immorality of slavery at the founding of the nation and chose to not abolish it anyway (for practical reasons)  when there was a unique, unprecedented opportunity for a slavery-free tabula rasa of a new nation means that they are EVEN MORE morally culpable than those nations where slavery had existed for far longer period of time.  In essence, the United States was born with "original sin" and has yet to fully absolve itself of it.

 

 

How can a Nation that Split Blood to abolish slavery be EVEN MORE morally culpable than a nation that used a policy of deliberate genocide against its victims or a country in which slavery is still tolerated

 

Is it because to acknowledge Slavery in the Middle East and Africa would mean that these slavers have societal privileges which would bury the White Privilege myth you guys like to pontificate. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

How can a Nation that Split Blood to abolish slavery be EVEN MORE morally culpable than a nation that used a policy of deliberate genocide against its victims or a country in which slavery is still tolerated

 

Is it because to acknowledge Slavery in the Middle East and Africa would mean that these slavers have societal privileges which would bury the White Privilege myth you guys like to pontificate. 

The founders of a society who are well aware and acknowledge the immorality of slavery and still do little or nothing to abolish the practice at the outset of the society's founding to the point where blood has to be eventually spilled bear a greater moral stain than those in societies where it is entrenched because not only do they know better but they have the opportunity to erase it and fail to do so.

They cannot claim moral ignorance and choose the path of greater suffering (the continuance of the practice and the eventual bloodshed to end it) which is indicative of reduced moral capacity. Contrast this to the British Empire where the entrenched institution of slavery not only ended through the moral reasoning of its leadership but did so without bloodshed. This indicates a higher level morality than that of the American founders, at least on this issue.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is always fun on the CEB to read the thread title and then jump to last page of a large thread and wonder how the hell it got to this conversation.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikee002 said:

 

Suicide is still a sin, Dying in an act of Jihad trumps all sins hence the sin of suicide is washed away

 

It is not as simple as time to die today for every jihadi imho

 

Oh god, shut up.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just find it laughable that somehow in heyyoudvd's world a country where even at the end nearly half the country was willing to die in order to prevent any threats to the institution of slavery, is taken as being morally superior to the country where everybody (almost a century earlier) calmly agreed "y'know chaps, this slavery thing is downright awful." 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, his Islamic terrorism claim seems to have hit a wall for now, but he has to be the contrarian. He just weirdly shifted gears and decided to make a new ridiculous claim.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

 

Surprise, surprise, the Canadian doesn't know the basics of US history.

To be fair, he probably knows more than most of you Americans know about Canadian history, other than that, I disagree with most of what he says as well, but why would you expect DVD to use logic or truth when arguing against the dirty muslims?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0