• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Zarich

Ps Pro worth it for 1080?

32 posts in this topic

Probably been asked 100x.  So here is 101. 

So.. I had to buy a new TV because mine was dying.  Couldn't afford a new good TV so I bought a used 55vt50 plasma for cheap.  But of course it only does 1080 and no HDR.  

If I were to buy a ps4 today.. would the pro be worth the premium over the slim?  

or should I just stick with the slim. 

Yes, the Pro is far more likely to deliver a smooth 1080P experience with a game then it is to achieve a believable 4K experience. Early results (this holiday's first batch of games) were all over the place, but I expect good things from the pro in 2017. 

Actually, I'm gonna say that the PS4 Pro is worth it for ONLY 1080p because its UHD capabilities are really sub-par.

1080p and VR is what the Pro does best if you were in the market for 4k I would say wait for Scorpio but Pro does 1080p masterfully.

Honestly, the PS4 Pro is what SHOULD have been released in 2013 to begin with.

5 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Actually, I'm gonna say that the PS4 Pro is worth it for ONLY 1080p because its UHD capabilities are really sub-par.

This basically nails it. 1080p and 60fps over the fake 4k.

And the silky smooth VR experience!

On January 4, 2017 at 2:03 PM, SFLUFAN said:

This. I was pretty disappointed with it TBH. So I built a PC and now it is collecting dust. 

Okay so I got one.

Hooked it up.

Bought ratchet and clank and bloodborne complete

What else should I look at?

I have a pretty capable PC and I am going to upgrade my video card here in a few months.

Looking for must play exclusives and any game that is more fun on a console

The fake 4k is still better than what my PC can do at a similar resolution, but hey, 1080p is just fuckin fine for me till then so yeah PS4 Pro compared to at least 650-800 you'll spend gaming on a pc at the same resolution 

3 hours ago, Zarich said:

Okay so I got one.

Hooked it up.

I have a pretty capable PC and I am going to upgrade my video card here in a few months.

I'm pretty burned out on the Uncharted series but if you want a game that shines, you have to check out Uncharted 4. It looks great all the time, and jaw dropping at other times.  I took so many screenshots while playing that game. It has a photo mode where you can pause the game at any moment and get these insane pics. 

6 hours ago, Zarich said:

Okay so I got one.

Hooked it up.

I just replayed Bloodborne and it runs so much smoother on the Pro. It's almost a totally different experience seeing it (mostly) run in 1080p and 60fps.

37 minutes ago, NuBlood said:

I just replayed Bloodborne and it runs so much smoother on the Pro. It's almost a totally different experience seeing it (mostly) run in 1080p and 60fps.

That placebo effect! Bloodborne wasn't patched and it most certainly isn't doing 60fps.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

That placebo effect! Bloodborne wasn't patched and it most certainly isn't doing 60fps.

Why?

Just say'in but the visuals are quite bad most of the time, and if you are asking:  "ISuck at the Game"!

21 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Why?

Just say'in but the visuals are quite bad most of the time, and if you are asking:  "ISuck at the Game"!

I..don't understand this post at all. Bloodborne didn't receive a patch for the pro so it runs the same as on a standard ps4. If you are asking why it didn't receive one I have no idea, didn't think it was worth it to spend the resources? I don't know what the second part of your post is referring to.

7 hours ago, stepee said:

I..don't understand this post at all. Bloodborne didn't receive a patch for the pro so it runs the same as on a standard ps4. If you are asking why it didn't receive one I have no idea, didn't think it was worth it to spend the resources? I don't know what the second part of your post is referring to.

Didn't it also dip a lot before as well? I'd assume the Pro has it running at a locked 30?

7 hours ago, JPSoccer4 said:

Didn't it also dip a lot before as well? I'd assume the Pro has it running at a locked 30?

Pro didn't get a patch so it runs just as shitty as the novice.

16 hours ago, HardAct said:

Why?

What in the world...

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

What in the world...

Nah, your'e a fun drunk but I think overall, there should be standards that the games can jest get two, you know? Im not a scientist or anything but perhaps a compromise is in the works and you can be part of the festitivities

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Pro didn't get a patch so it runs just as shitty as the novice.

That seems odd. Wouldn't the extra horsepower kick in anyway during the more demanding segments and help keep it at 30?  

I know you'd need a patch to make it run at higher resolution or higher fps than initially intended, but I figured any older game would still benefit from the added power to at least improve and stabilize the existing conditions of the games. 

Now this has me a bit more hesitant on Scorpio. 

On 1/4/2017 at 7:01 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

This basically nails it. 1080p and 60fps over the fake 4k.

And the silky smooth VR experience!

Does PS Pro make the VR experience better as in regards to dizziness?  There are some games that I just cannot play for more than 15-20 min cause I get dizzy.  Batman is one example.

For some reason though I don't get dizzy from the X-Wing Mission.

8 hours ago, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

Nah, your'e a fun drunk but I think overall, there should be standards that the games can jest get two, you know? Im not a scientist or anything but perhaps a compromise is in the works and you can be part of the festitivities

As someone quite fond of rabbit hunting myself, I cordially invite you to suspend my innocence over something so gradual. It takes more than two steps in the game to pack it in.. 

So I just started playing bloodborne.  Tad disappointed.  First I usually could care less about fps, but this one feels pretty unsmooth.  Secondly graphically DS3 was superior.  Finally.. this one feels like a lot more hack and slash with less strategic fighting.. maybe it gets better.  

55 minutes ago, Zarich said:

So I just started playing bloodborne.  Tad disappointed.  First I usually could care less about fps, but this one feels pretty unsmooth.  Secondly graphically DS3 was superior.  Finally.. this one feels like a lot more hack and slash with less strategic fighting.. maybe it gets better.  

DSIII should look superior as it came out the following year. :P

Where are you?

57 minutes ago, Zarich said:

No blocking and the dual wielding weapons with lots of blood vials to heal you, yes it is a lot simpler and action heavy.

And the microstuttering is bad yes, very disorienting it's like the screen pulsates.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No blocking and the dual wielding weapons with lots of blood vials to heal you, yes it is a lot simpler and action heavy.

And the microstuttering is bad yes, very disorienting it's like the screen pulsates.

Side-stepping > blocking, tbh. And the parrying is fantastic in this game.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:23 AM, stepee said:

Lol, I know it wasn't patched. But there is a visual difference. But then again, maybe it's the combination of running it on the Pro with a UHD 4K TV with refresh rate set at 240hz...:thinking: