SFLUFAN

~*The D1P 2017 Game Completion Thread*~

Finished Mafia III, including all the underboss side missions. 44 hours total. 

Mixed feelings on it...I really enjoyed the story, characters, environment. It portrayed the late 60s in Louisiana well, with the racial and social upheaval. The game play, however, while solid, was pretty uninspired. Missions had little variety. I encountered a handful of glitches and a couple crashes.

I'd give it 7.5/10. I plan on getting the story DLCs when they're on sale. 

On 9/15/2017 at 1:22 AM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Finished Mafia III, including all the underboss side missions. 44 hours total. 

Mixed feelings on it...I really enjoyed the story, characters, environment. It portrayed the late 60s in Louisiana well, with the racial and social upheaval. The game play, however, while solid, was pretty uninspired. Missions had little variety. I encountered a handful of glitches and a couple crashes.

I'd give it 7.5/10. I plan on getting the story DLCs when they're on sale. 

How much time or hours do you think you spent on it?

1 hour ago, Hurdyb1 said:

DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

My bad. Thanks though. Damn 44? That's lot of time. Thanks again, lol!

Maybe shave off 3 hours due to me leaving the game running while I did other stuff. 

But I did pretty much everything. Got all the collectibles, did the underboss, missions, all that. You could beat it in less time if you don't do as much. 

Season 2 of Alex Hunter - 8/10 - Enjoyed it but would have liked more off the field things to to do

Child of Light - 8.5/10 - What a gr*interrupted*. What I was trying to say is that the game is wond*interrupted*. Come on. I'm just trying to say that I like the ga*interrupted*. Gahhhhh

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sooo, with the site crashing and all, I had plenty of time to finish The Evil Within 2. Fun ride, I give it an 8.5/10.

How does it compare to the first. I have the first I just haven't started it. I have such a backlog of RE games.

Started a lot of games in 2017, but I am yet to finish a single one. 

I got a Switch at launch and have bought:

Zelda, 40 hours in, done 1 divine beast. 

Graceful Explosion Machine, 3-4 stages to go, almost done. 

Fast RMX, barely played. 

World of Goo, barely played. 

Splatoon 2, halfway through the campaign, played about 60 hours multi-player. 

Sonic Mania, played for about 20 minutes. 

Mario and Rabbids, midway through 3rd world. 

Stardew Valley, year 3 of first play through, started again last night. 65 hours playtime. 

I want to finish Splatoon 2, GEM and Rabbids by Christmas, when I will probably get Mario and Skyrim and my life will be over until spring! 

16 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus 

That was a fucking blast. 

Damn. With all the hours you work I'm impressed you beat The Evil Within 2 and now Wolfenstein. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Damn. With all the hours you work I'm impressed you beat The Evil Within 2 and now Wolfenstein. 

I just work 36 hours a week, 3 straight 12s. 

I don't game at all during my work stretch, but I have plenty of time on my days off if I really wanna play. 

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I just work 36 hours a week, 3 straight 12s. 

I don't game at all during my work stretch, but I have plenty of time on my days off if I really wanna play. 

Oh... I see. I work 10-12 hour days 5 days a week. :(

I still try to game as much as my body allows me too.

Finished Uncharted:  The Lost Legacy - 7.5/10.  Stupidly gorgeous game, and I liked Chloe and Nadine together.  Had some dull parts and there wasn't much to do in those big sprawling areas, but overall a good game.

Finished Shadow of Mordor finally... three years and two purchases later (I beat it on the Xbone but originally bought it for the PS4) 8/10. Great gameplay and I loved the nemesis system. Story was good, but I wish the open world had a little more life to it. Gonna beat the two DLC's before I jump into it's sequel. Oh and WTF was up with that final battle? Did they just stope giving a hit at that point? I LOVE the combat in this game... Talion is one of the best characters I've played as in games. The game uses the Arkham style of combat but MUCH better than the Arkham games, Sleeping Dogs and Mad Max which all use this system. I wish the Witcher or Skyrim used this system... great game. On to Shadow of War...

Just finished Doom 2016. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. I know it's in the nature of the beast, but in terms of end-game, I prefer challenge through variety rather than samey volume. That said, I can't think of a game that made me feel as powerful and helpless as Doom. 

I'm not sure what to jump into next, I want to play more Persona 5 but...I have other, more exciting games. Not to mention there's the PS4 sale with Firewatch costing practically nothing. 

Assassin's Creed Origins. 9.5/10. I loved almost everything about this game. Easily my favorite in the series. I'm at 63 hours and I still have 5 more areas to uncover and explore on the map. I plan to do it all. But I wanted to beat the main story before I take off to visit family for Christmas.