• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $740 (as of 07 January)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Missing icons.   12/27/2016

Unfortunately, we lost a bunch of user icons due to the data loss a few days ago—but we didn't intentionally remove any so if yours is gone please feel free to just set it back.   -Jason
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Dragon Quest VIII This Friday on 3DS! Getting Great Reviews!!

30 posts in this topic

Who's in? I have my copy pre ordered and will be delivered for the 20th

@Biggie_Rich

Hey, welcome back, Biggie! Happy New Year to ya.

And yeah, I'll be getting this for sure. GameStop better have my copy ready!

I'm not planning to get it. It's a good game but I'm not interested in replaying it (that's my experience with DQ in general).

Of course I'm there.... but shit I haven't finished DQ7 after like 50 hours and I still have much more to do in Pokemon Moon

5 hours ago, Comet said:

Of course I'm there.... but shit I haven't finished DQ7 after like 50 hours and I still have much more to do in Pokemon Moon

This is exactly where I am. I'm gonna try to put Pokemon down today and get back to DQ7.

5 minutes ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Meh not a big deal. I'm kinda over the whole 3D effect thing anyhow. Do you still use 3D?

No I dont

Yeah, we knew that a while back, didn't we? 

Kind of a bummer. I still really love 3D, but...eh. This game didn't have 3D back when it first came out, so it's no worse now without it. And if the Switch is really replacing Nintendo's handhelds, we may as well get used to a non-3D future. 

44 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah, we knew that a while back, didn't we? 

Kind of a bummer. I still really love 3D, but...eh. This game didn't have 3D back when it first came out, so it's no worse now without it. And if the Switch is really replacing Nintendo's handhelds, we may as well get used to a non-3D future. 

You buying the Switch Day 1 Grant?

7 hours ago, Mike said:

You buying the Switch Day 1 Grant?

Maybe. Depends on the price. Depends on what games are announced. And most importantly, it depends on availability! Hopefully the Switch won't be as hard to find as the NES Classic. :|

13 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Maybe. Depends on the price. Depends on what games are announced. And most importantly, it depends on availability! Hopefully the Switch won't be as hard to find as the NES Classic. :|

I'm hoping to order one online when they are up after the presentation tomorrow, but I will say that I am not going to quit playing 3ds anytime soon, I'm into dq7 and have dq8 arriving on 29th, so I'm still busy with 3ds for months...probably til end of 2017...still need to pick up pokemon moon too..

edit: also that oasis rpg comes out in March for 3ds

@Mike

I bet that it will look pretty sweet. Square-Enix made DragonQuest IX look FANTASTIC on the original DS, so I'm guessing they'll make this one look even better on 3DS. 

It's strange, there aren't that many cel-shaded games on 3DS, now that I think about it. I thought there would be more, but I guess that's not gonna happen.

On January 11, 2017 at 4:46 PM, GameDadGrant said:

Did you manage to preorder one or waiting? Reggie mentioned the it won't be a nes classic situation, should be able to find one shortly after launch

DQVIII is my favorite of all DQ! I've beat this game several times, os much good in this title! 

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

Did you manage to preorder one or waiting? Reggie mentioned the it won't be a nes classic situation, should be able to find one shortly after launch

Got one on order with GameStop. Along with Breath of the Wild.

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My copy just arrived. After reading reviews last night, I'm really itching to play it, but I'm determined to finish VII first!

You have more will power than me. I'm gonna go ahead and get VIII and hope to play them during lulls in the Switch library

1 hour ago, Comet said:

You have more will power than me. I'm gonna go ahead and get VIII and hope to play them during lulls in the Switch library

I'm trying to hang in there. I've got VIII on PS2, but like so many others, I've never gotten around to playing it. The 3DS version has a lot of appealing changes to it.

I really do enjoy VII, despite it being slow at times. I'm around 50 hours in, so I really do want to finish it.

My copy scheduled to Arrive this Afternoon, looking to put some time in late night tonight

Started playing this morning, I'm having a very good time. About 4 hours in right now. Me playing my 3DS is a very rare thing. I don't even know why I bought the New 3DS edition. But I'm happy to be playing this.