• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $840 (as of 06 February)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
user19842x15

Trump has not paid taxes since at least the 70s

49 posts in this topic

Stamped “top secret” and bearing the code names Slusovice, “America” and “Capital”, the files detail the obsession Czech spies had in gathering as much information about the US property tycoon as possible.

Um.... obsession? Its their job?

Its not teen girls gossiping about some teen heart throb like Jason Priestley.

Nothing in there is even remotely bomb shelly, nor even that interesting. Property Developer pays no taxes! Well no shit, what next? Property developer in bed with politicians for personal gain? Property developer angry at little old lady holding out on selling her land and stopping the development of a sky scraper?

3 hours ago, markot said:

Um.... obsession? Its their job?

So what's with your obsession over defending Trump? Is it your job?

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

So what's with your obsession over defending Trump? Is it your job?

You'd already claimed the "defend Hillary at all costs" position so... 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Awwww baby's grumpy :(

7 hours ago, Jason said:

See, that's not really valid equivalency. Anathema I think  was (and I guess is) quite open about his support of Clinton. Markot, and others on this board are totes not Trump supporters (especially a certain someone that's is apparently the most anti-Trump person on this board) but yet they never miss an opportunity to pull a Chris Crocker-esque LEAVE TRUMP ALONE. 

Honestly, there's a lot you can criticize Anathema for, but a lack of transparency over his support of Hillary Clinton isn't one of them. 

Anyway, on the actual topic, yes it's pretty goddamn unusual for a property developer to not pay taxes. There's this expression related to this topic, I guess maybe they don't have it in Australia, that the only thing you can be sure of is death and taxes.

I wonder what either made him tax exempt for 30 years or made them believe he was tax exempt for 30 years. How the fuck does one get on that program?

Anyway, on the actual topic, yes it's pretty goddamn unusual for a property developer to not pay taxes. There's this expression related to this topic, I guess maybe they don't have it in Australia, that the only thing you can be sure of is death and taxes.

It is...Property developers don't normally lose enough money to be able to write off the losses for decades.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

On 29/12/2016 at 9:23 AM, SilentWorld said:

See, that's not really valid equivalency. Anathema I think  was (and I guess is) quite open about his support of Clinton. Markot, and others on this board are totes not Trump supporters (especially a certain someone that's is apparently the most anti-Trump person on this board) but yet they never miss an opportunity to pull a Chris Crocker-esque LEAVE TRUMP ALONE. 

Honestly, there's a lot you can criticize Anathema for, but a lack of transparency over his support of Hillary Clinton isn't one of them. 

So in the US property developers are all super nice people who always do the right thing?

And in the US corporations and companies always pay taxes and dont find creative ways to get out of it and the like? And they dont pressure governments at all levels to do things in their favour?

Wow. No wonder Apple is keeping so much money in Ireland, its a pot o gold for all the good American boys and girls who pay their taxes. Just like the property developers and corporations and used car salesmen. Otherwise known as the three wise men of capitalism who always do good by us ^_^

Systems rigged against you. You are too old for this to be news.

This isnt 'leave trump alone' its more 'this all you got?' I know its hard to fathom but I actually want some meat on my bones. "Some guy told the Czech secret police decades ago that Trump didnt have to pay taxes for decades" isnt news or very interesting.

You guys still live in a bubble where you think there will be some news item that will save you from Trump. Something that will turn everyone against him.

How'd that go during the primaries? During the election? Stop trying to make mountains out of mole hills if you want to take out Trump.

So in the US property developers are all super nice people who always do the right thing?

And in the US corporations and companies always pay taxes and dont find creative ways to get out of it and the like? And they dont pressure governments at all levels to do things in their favour?

Wow. No wonder Apple is keeping so much money in Ireland, its a pot o gold for all the good American boys and girls who pay their taxes. Just like the property developers and corporations and used car salesmen. Otherwise known as the three wise men of capitalism who always do good by us ^_^

Systems rigged against you. You are too old for this to be news.

This isnt 'leave trump alone' its more 'this all you got?' I know its hard to fathom but I actually want some meat on my bones. "Some guy told the Czech secret police decades ago that Trump didnt have to pay taxes for decades" isnt news or very interesting.

You guys still live in a bubble where you think there will be some news item that will save you from Trump. Something that will turn everyone against him.

How'd that go during the primaries? During the election? Stop trying to make mountains out of mole hills if you want to take out Trump.

A low tax rate is very different from no taxes.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, markot said:

This is the Trump board. There will be Trump threads. And since many here don't like him, these things are not surprising and will be shared. If this stuff keeps happening with him, whether or not you want us to talk about it, it will be talked about. I'm starting to wonder if you were honest about any of your attacks on Clinton considering Trump can also have close Wall Street ties which don't phase you.

Nothing we say here, including and especially you since you don't vote in the US, has an impact on anything, and nobody thinks it does. Everyone knows he's going to be the president. So you may want to set up a different straw man.

Considering your praise for Trump and your cheering for far-right parties who are winning elections throughout the world, you're one of the least reliable people to talk about what people need to do to "take someone down," even though that's not really what anyone here is doing. You're also too scared for whatever reason to just be honest about your opinion about him, which is why you're rightfully getting grief for it. Your long posts can't mask that.

I can't speak for what his intentions are but my impression of markot's posts are that the left in the west has lost its soul and become the party of the rich.  The right has pivoted and scooped up the abandoned working class with solutions that markot doesn't think will work. 

He's not cheering on the right so much as hoping that the losses will knock some sense into the left.

I get the impression he feels like the only sane person on a sinking boat full of passengers who would rather shout and call names as the right sails further and further away than fix the boat and try and catch up.

I'm sure there is also a chunk of schadenfreude mixed in too.

Income Taxes need to be modified.  I get that we want to allow deductions for capital going back into the system (makes plenty of sense) and people taking risks and losing money and being able to deduct that from future years, however....there are plenty of rich people who pay shit for taxes.

Either way, it isn't a tax the rich problem.  Rich people are not going to cover everything.  

5 hours ago, Engel said:

I can't speak for what his intentions are but my impression of markot's posts are that the left in the west has lost its soul and become the party of the rich.  The right has pivoted and scooped up the abandoned working class with solutions that markot doesn't think will work. 

He's not cheering on the right so much as hoping that the losses will knock some sense into the left.

I get the impression he feels like the only sane person on a sinking boat full of passengers who would rather shout and call names as the right sails further and further away than fix the boat and try and catch up.

I'm sure there is also a chunk of schadenfreude mixed in too.

Shhh. I just hate Hillary.

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

The left is the party of civil rights, not the party of the rich.

Exactly. Meanwhile, the right is still freaking out about what goes on in a bathroom.

13 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Exactly. Meanwhile, the right is still freaking out about what goes on in a bathroom.

"Back in my day, if I tapped my foot under someone else's stall in an airport bathroom, I could expect to be greeted with a penis! Now I have no idea what I'll get!"

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:33 PM, MarSolo said:

A bit of a correction, the right is still responding to the left freaking out about what goes on in the bathroom.

12 minutes ago, Fuhrer D said:

A bit of a correction, the right is still responding to the left freaking out about what goes on in the bathroom.

Since when does freaking out = not caring about who goes in the restroom?

Just now, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

Since when does freaking out = not caring about who goes in the restroom?

Since its more like, = caring about changing who can go in what restroom (or making a scene about something you supposedly wouldn't notice and has been happening forever).

5 minutes ago, Fuhrer D said:

Since its more like, = caring about changing who can go in what restroom (or making a scene about something you supposedly wouldn't notice and has been happening forever).

But it's not a scene until the freak-out. "Caring" doesn't equal freaking out, or else your caring about keeping them out = you freaking out.

17 minutes ago, Fuhrer D said:

No change. People have always been allowed to use whichever bathroom they identified with. People didn't start making an issue about it until recently which is what lead to people caring more and others freaking out and trying to pass laws. The last part is important. If there was some change that the left was trying to implement here, those laws the right is pushing would already have been in place.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

No change. People have always been allowed to use whichever bathroom they identified with. People didn't start making an issue about it until recently which is what lead to people caring more and others freaking out and trying to pass laws. The last part is important. If there was some change that the left was trying to implement here, those laws the right is pushing would already have been in place.

2 hours ago, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

But it's not a scene until the freak-out. "Caring" doesn't equal freaking out, or else your caring about keeping them out = you freaking out.

You both are ignoring that the proposed laws on the right were in reaction to laws being created and proposed by the left. "Freak out" response to a "freak out."

3 minutes ago, Fuhrer D said:

You both are ignoring that the proposed laws on the right were in reaction to laws being created and proposed by the left. "Freak out" response to a "freak out."

The laws being created weren't a "freak out." The proposed laws from the right were. There's no equivalence, bro.

6 minutes ago, Fuhrer D said:

What laws? 

Just now, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

The laws being created weren't a "freak out." The proposed laws from the right were. There's no equivalence, bro.

Depends on where you sit. One side says there not freaking out because they are protecting A, while the other side says they aren't freak out because the are protecting B.

I'd say creating laws that goes beyond "protecting" something that "has been happening forever," and "you wouldn't even notice" a "freak out." I would also call the response to those proposed laws a "freak out as well." Though in deeper truth, the response was more measured than that of which it was responding (don't let the headline fool you, take some actually time to read all the proposed laws, and see what went further to one side, and what was more in the middle).