For some stupid reason I bought a 1070 Ti

Rbk_3

I had a 1080 I sold last summer hoping to fetch a decent price before the next Gen cards came out. Of course this was right before the mining craze :| 

Anyway, I got a major itch to play some Farming Sim so I bought a 1070ti for roughly $100 more than I sold my 1080 for last summer. 

I would be srupid not to return it and wait for an 1170, right? It’ll be a 10% restocking fee but I think that is the right move? 

6 hours ago, Rbk_3 said:

I had a 1080 I sold last summer hoping to fetch a decent price before the next Gen cards came out. Of course this was right before the mining craze :|

Anyway, I got a major itch to play some Farming Sim so I bought a 1070ti for roughly $100 more than I sold my 1080 for last summer. 

I would be srupid not to return it and wait for an 1170, right? It’ll be a 10% restocking fee but I think that is the right move? 

Depends, how long can you wait?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/05/computex-2018-nvidia-turing-geforce-graphics-card-release-date-not-for-a-long-time/

No one knows when the next gen set of cards are going to be released. Shouldn't the 1070ti perform as well as a 1080?  Is there a reason you feel like upgrading?

I personally would wait to get details around Cyberpunk to figure out what I will need for upgrades 

On 6/24/2018 at 11:15 AM, run32.dll said:

A 1050 Ti wouldn't suffice for a farming simulator?

Not at 4K 60FPS

Anyway, I paid an extra $100 and exchanged it for a EVGA 1080 so that I can step up if the 1180 releases with in 90 days. 

17 hours ago, mikechorney said:

Depends...  Some will be available right away.  It could take a couple of months for good availability.

All I need to do is get in the Evga Que. 

I ended up returning the 1080 for a 1080 ti.