CayceG

Oh my fuck - Trump picks Exxon CEO Tillerson for SECSTATE - Tillerson DOES know Putin

I wonder if Democrats can cobble together some Russia hawks in the Senate to block this. Lindsey Graham maybe. Maybe horse trade and allow a voice vote on some other awful cabinet pick in a department where their awfulness will be somewhat more contained.

I'll definitely admit that when I was sanguine about Trump leading up to the election, I wasn't counting on this parade of awful cabinet picks. 

OH GOD

In 2011, Mr. Tillerson struck a deal giving Exxon access to prized Arctic resources in Russia as well as allowing Russia’s state oil company, OAO Rosneft, to invest in Exxon concessions all over the world. The following year, the Kremlin bestowed the country’s Order of Friendship decoration on Mr. Tillerson.

The deal would have been transformative for Exxon. Mr. Putin at the time called it one of the most important involving Russia and the U.S., forecasting that the partnership could eventually spend $500 billion. But it was subsequently blocked by sanctions on Russia that the U.S. and its allies imposed two years ago after the country’s invasion of Crimea and conflicts with Ukraine.

Mr. Tillerson spoke against the sanctions at the company’s annual meeting in 2014. “We always encourage the people who are making those decisions to consider the very broad collateral damage of who are they really harming with sanctions,” he said.

If his selection is approved, Tillerson would be in charge of maintaining and marketing the sanctions on Russia. The same sanctions that are preventing his company from getting half a trillion dollars. 

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Thanks Hillary and the Dems!!

You fucked us all!

I'm more than happy to throw a fair portion of blame on every fucking idiot who thought that a Trump presidency would send some sort of message about the Democratic party and how they need to cater to progressives or some such.  I saw plenty of analogies about a brush fire benefitting a forest.  Here's your brush fire fuckers, hope you feel real righteous about stolen primaries or whatever other make believe cross your were dragging.  

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I'm more than happy to throw a fair portion of blame on every fucking idiot who thought that a Trump presidency would send some sort of message about the Democratic party and how they need to cater to progressives or some such.  I saw plenty of analogies about a brush fire benefitting a forest.  Here's your brush fire fuckers, hope you feel real righteous about stolen primaries or whatever other make believe cross your were dragging.  

so true... I still can't believe Trump will be POTUS.  Like holy fucking shit there are some stupid motherfuckers out there. 

HAHAHAHAHA

@CitizenVectron is right. John Fucking Bolton is the deputy SECSTATE. 

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/309813-trump-picks-exxon-ceo-tillerson-for-secretary-of-state-report

In terms of importance of the position and quality of the nominee, this may be the absolute worst pick Trump has made. 

This one almost feels like the kind of thing you do knowing it won't work out so you can replace them with somebody else who would have been rejected but now seems like practically a responsible pick.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

This one almost feels like the kind of thing you do knowing it won't work out so you can replace them with somebody else who would have been rejected but now seems like practically a responsible pick.

afw4ut9ozeo7nuyb81kh.jpg 

21 minutes ago, user19842x15 said:

Is this a real question? 

27 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Should I go over what's been going on in the last 3 years?

I do not mean to be rude but is this going to be some conspiracy type stuff, Are you going to blame them for the rise of the Taliban and in turn Isis, Are you going to blame them for turning (wait lets try and get this right), Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and now Syria into sectarian hell holes while kowtowing to the Saudis who will not even let woman drive they are so backwards, No wait that was you.   So tell me what have the Russians done apart from being the only country with a pair big enough to end a war in the Middle East