• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Samsung discovers COURAGE!

104 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Bigger screen much smaller form factor, not a bad decision. I'm just so used to a large screen I can't fathom handling a smaller phone.

The 7 Plus, which Triage stillness has, feels absolutely enormous now. 

There is one thing, though--I think SuperAMOLED gives me headaches. I turned off the adaptive display, and I feel that's helped, but it's been a small sample size at the moment so there's no way to know for sure. 

2 hours ago, Emblazon said:

The 7 Plus, which Triage stillness has, feels absolutely enormous now. 

There is one thing, though--I think SuperAMOLED gives me headaches. I turned off the adaptive display, and I feel that's helped, but it's been a small sample size at the moment so there's no way to know for sure. 

I love superAMOLED, don't think I could use a different screen, so vibrant and color accurate when you set it to be. Plus the black levels are the best, just like a plasma.

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

I love superAMOLED, don't think I could use a different screen, so vibrant and color accurate when you set it to be. Plus the black levels are the best, just like a plasma.

Oh, I completely agree, but I think it's that over saturation that does it. It affects a percentage of people, causing eye strain, and it turns out I might be one of them. 

My case was delivered, having never seen an S8 in person yet let alone an S8+ I must say, it's hardly bigger than my Note 5, happy about that considering the screen size differences. Should have made up my mind on Thursday, phone won't be here until Monday... I hate waiting!

Phone came a few moments ago, all set up and whatever bloat that was pre-installed is now gone. Going back to what I said before, the phone is hardly any bigger than my Note 5 I can still one hand it just fine. Feels slightly heavier (it is but ever so slightly) the screen is gorgeous and my Note 5 was no slouch in that department. The curved edges are going to take some getting used to but I think overall I am gonna like it. Don't really see much if any difference in performance unfortunately, but I know it is there the phone is very snappy. And I must also say the bundled headphones are pretty damn impressive for free, bass is actually there unlike their previous bundled shit ones, I think once these things get broken in they may be sweet and they block out a lot of noise can't hear shit with them in. :)

Ok so a few days after, I LOVE this phone. Battery life makes an iPhone seem like a flip phone, performance is solid no lag so exactly like my Note 5 and fits my hand like a glove. Camera is a LOT improved over the S7 which I had briefly, it actually surpasses my Note 5 slightly, and the new 8MP selfie camera is solid with auto-focus. And I was right after a few hours of breaking in the bundled IEM's they're phenomenal for free, tuned by AKG damn fucking right. And I own a decent pair of Sennheiser, and the old school Koss Porta Pro, they're an amazing bundle for such an amazing phone. Samsung won me over for once with a Qualcom CPU, the 7 series was a laggy mess, haven't seen that yet. Definitely a great upgrade over my Note 5.

Well, a flip phone's battery usually lasts a couple of days, so... :P

AndAnd SamsSamsung is starting catch up to Apple in the battery department. Apple is still king due to battery drain when the phone is idle, but Samsung's improved enough so that I'm perfectly fine with my S8's battery life, which is a first for me with Android. 

Activating the camera seems a bit slower than in the past. I double tap the power button and it takes more than a second to start the camera. It's a minors complaining, but it it was quicker with the S7 Edge. 

One other thing, while it is VERY cool, Samsung needs to think of a new way to activate the SOS feature. Triple tap the power button is WAY too easy to accidentally activate it. I did it twice causing both Triage and my parents to freak out a bit. So I turned it off. 

Other than that, there's not a thing I miss from the iPhone. 

Triple tap activates the SOS feature?! :lol: 

10 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Well, a flip phone's battery usually lasts a couple of days, so... :P

AndAnd SamsSamsung is starting catch up to Apple in the battery department. Apple is still king due to battery drain when the phone is idle, but Samsung's improved enough so that I'm perfectly fine with my S8's battery life, which is a first for me with Android. 

Activating the camera seems a bit slower than in the past. I double tap the power button and it takes more than a second to start the camera. It's a minors complaining, but it it was quicker with the S7 Edge. 

One other thing, while it is VERY cool, Samsung needs to think of a new way to activate the SOS feature. Triple tap the power button is WAY too easy to accidentally activate it. I did it twice causing both Triage and my parents to freak out a bit. So I turned it off. 

Other than that, there's not a thing I miss from the iPhone. 

Flip-phone was a bad analogy I guess lol but you know what I mean.

So, I just switched everything I owned over to AT&T. I went from my S8 on T-Mobile... to an S8 on AT&T. Lol. Funny thing is, the phone is quite a bit snappier on AT&T. 

Also, FREE VISUAL VOICEMAIL. :mhappy:

26 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

So, I just switched everything I owned over to AT&T. I went from my S8 on T-Mobile... to an S8 on AT&T. Lol. Funny thing is, the phone is quite a bit snappier on AT&T. 

Also, FREE VISUAL VOICEMAIL. :mhappy:

Less bloatware? mine on Sprint is equivalent to buying an unlocked model I have everything but the bare essentials enabled, no carrier-branded apps or anything. Oh and Bixby? that's disabled too. Mind you all S8 and S8+ in the US are physically unlocked, it's just tied to the rom you are running, if you flashed the ATT firmware on the Sprint model for example it would work fine on ATT.

2 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Bixby voice is live for me now. 

I was in the beta, it sucks still. :P I don't see any case where I would actually use it, never used siri either when I was stuck on suck-os.