What are some 3+ hour films that you believe earn their runtime?

Brick

20 minutes ago, johnny said:

I'll be honest, Avengers Endgame flew by for me. 

I felt like people were avoiding it because it’s not a “serious movie”, but I do think it’s very well paced and there isn’t really anything that can be cut out. It most certainly earns its runtime.

Having just gotten the 4K version of it, 'The Great Escape' absolutely holds up & while it is *just* shy of the full 3 hour run time, its close enough & has such a wealth of characters to dedicate to that it never feels like it goes on "too long." Also, add to the fact that scene from 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' & I just appreciate that opening scene w/ the character of Hiltz that much more!!

15 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I really like Endgame but it’s so much its own thing that I don’t know if it counts? I can’t imagine just firing up without having seen Infinity War recently. 

it counts. if you’ve already seen infinity war you don’t need to see it again if you want to watch endgame. 

10 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Can we talk about movies that both do and don't deserve the runtime? I think the Irishman does in retrospect, but fuck does it feel like a slog at times in the moment

Sure!

And The Irishman is a film that I well and truly believe DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to earn its runtime.

• True 1