• Announcements

    • SFLUFAN

      D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,565 (as of May 15, 2017)   12/12/2016

      I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

      Update on the single-device/browser login restriction issue some people are having.   04/04/2017

      4/7/2017 update: Now people who've been affected by this are saying that it went away on its own after about a week. So I dunno, if this would really hugely inconvenience you try to not log in on additional devices/browsers until the 4.2 update that's supposed to hopefully resolve this for good.   original announcement: For a long time now, D1P has been limited to three logins at a time; logging in on a fourth device or browser would log you out everywhere else. Unfortunately, multiple people have been reporting that they've started experiencing being limited to ONE login at a time.   The good news is, Invision Power Services (the company that makes our forum software) is aware of the issue and will be addressing it in version 4.2 of the software, which is the next big update. The bad news is, they announced about a month ago (the beginning of March 2017) that the update will be coming out in "mid 2017", so we probably have at least another couple of months to go before this is resolved.   In the meantime, I apologize to those affected for the inconvenience, and would suggest to everyone else to not log in to additional devices until this is resolved if this is something you don't want to have to have to deal with. I'm still not 100% sure on why it's not affecting everyone and why it didn't hit everyone affected at the same time, but the timing of when the reports of this started here mostly lines up with when I've seen reports of other sites having this issue starting, and I suspect that the problem is trickling in because of people happening to hit a fourth login that logs them out everywhere else, and then proceeding to be limited to one login at a time after that.
    • SFLUFAN

      D1Pcast Episode 26: The Retro Show   04/19/2017

      It's time to have that talk with your kids. No not THAT talk, the talk about retro games and how much better things were back in our days! We have @Reputator join us and talk a bit about the Scorpio and some retro PC cards. [email protected] us about console retro gaming and how he just got his Super Mario USA. While @Jason tells us about the day his parents threw out all his retro consoles. A sad day for any gamer. So listen and give us your feed back about your retro gaming experience!    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

~Official Bitching About Victim Culture/Regressive Left/Etc. Thread~

389 posts in this topic

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”- Socrates

 

What's the current unemployment rate?  

Millennials are afraid to get their hands dirty!  The trades are struggling to find employees who are willing to work an honest days work, and learn a thing or two.  One of the most lucrative jobs, in the next 20 yrs, is going to be the trades.  Unfortunately for everyone, the number of available jobs are going to be getting smaller and smaller.  It's not just the youth who are suffering, it is also the veteran employee who makes a high salary and gets replaced by a much younger generation because they are cheaper.  The ills you are bitching about will have a lasting effect on all age groups.  

 

Here in Seattle, if you know how to swing a hammer, people are willing to pay over $40/hr for your skills.  What you speak of is a reality but not of the size and scope you think it to be. 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Irreverent79 said:

I think the public shaming of that trigglypuff (or whatever they called her) lady went way too far. She seems way out there to me. Watching social media go to town on her wasn't unlike watching a professional UFC fighter beat up a crippled child.

 

No, it didn't. Sh reaped the rewards of her behaviour. Act like an animal and be treated like one. A real feminist, not these modern feminazi's, was trying to educate them on the reality of their actions, and was insulted and screamed at by a fat, knuckle-dragging swamp cunt. If she can't put her argument in clear, concise words AFTER the speaker is done, can't act like a grown human being, and can't do it without screaming and swearing in outrage, fuck her. You reap what you sow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, maybe you should find her and beat her ass just in case she didn't get quite as much retribution as she 'deserves.'

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”- Socrates

 

What's the current unemployment rate?  

Millennials are afraid to get their hands dirty!  The trades are struggling to find employees who are willing to work an honest days work, and learn a thing or two.  One of the most lucrative jobs, in the next 20 yrs, is going to be the trades.  Unfortunately for everyone, the number of available jobs are going to be getting smaller and smaller.  It's not just the youth who are suffering, it is also the veteran employee who makes a high salary and gets replaced by a much younger generation because they are cheaper.  The ills you are bitching about will have a lasting effect on all age groups.  

 

Here in Seattle, if you know how to swing a hammer, people are willing to pay over $40/hr for your skills.  What you speak of is a reality but not of the size and scope you think it to be. 

 

 

Couldn't have said it better. 

 

If I had a child who told me they were going to spend 75g's on a degree in women's studies, literature, and the dozen other shit degrees millennials are wasting their money on, I'd slap them. Millennials are unemployed because they aren't looking at the job market before they get these useless degrees. 

 

Im not a huge fan of math, but I'm good at it, and my metallurgic engineering degree is worth far more than my parents paid for it. I could quit my job tomorrow and have a new one Monday. It's not the job market, it's the shit degrees these students are taking.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Irreverent79 said:

Yeah, maybe you should find her and beat her ass just in case she didn't get quite as much retribution as she 'deserves.'

Again, reap what you sow. I don't condone senseless violence. Pitying people like Triggleypuff just encourages them to continue their reprehensible behaviour.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, apoc81 said:

Again, reap what you sow. I don't condone senseless violence. Pitying people like Triggleypuff just encourages them to continue their reprehensible behaviour.

You could use this same exact response to just as effectively justify any conceivable level of punishment for her. I'm not criticizing the fact she faced negative consequences; I'm criticizing their scope and scale. And I pity anyone who faces extreme consequences because I'm simply compassionate toward people, even when they're fucked up in the head. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucian04 said:

Compliments are micro aggressions.

 

 

@kaberle @apoc81

She's fucking hot! (I haven't listened yet, as i'm listening to an episode of Athiest Experience, but I'll listen and comment next).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”- Socrates

 

What's the current unemployment rate?  

Millennials are afraid to get their hands dirty!  The trades are struggling to find employees who are willing to work an honest days work, and learn a thing or two.  One of the most lucrative jobs, in the next 20 yrs, is going to be the trades.  Unfortunately for everyone, the number of available jobs are going to be getting smaller and smaller.  It's not just the youth who are suffering, it is also the veteran employee who makes a high salary and gets replaced by a much younger generation because they are cheaper.  The ills you are bitching about will have a lasting effect on all age groups.  

 

Here in Seattle, if you know how to swing a hammer, people are willing to pay over $40/hr for your skills.  What you speak of is a reality but not of the size and scope you think it to be. 

 

 

 

Surely you understand how some of the criticisms sound from someone who works IT.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, -Chris said:

 

Surely you understand how some of the criticisms sound from someone who works IT.

I have worked construction. I have worked fast food.  I have worked building pools and delivering spas. I have worked a desk job.  I have worked plumbing/electrical/framing you name it.  And guess what, I work IT. I also own my own IT company. 

 

Bring on on the criticisms 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, I am also flying down to Florida next week to build a greenhouse for a school.

Learn a goddamn trade. I'm 36 and can do most all of them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I have worked construction. I have worked fast food.  I have worked building pools and delivering spas. I have worked a desk job.  I have worked plumbing/electrical/framing you name it.  And guess what, I work IT. I also own my own IT company. 

 

Bring on on the criticisms 

 

That's great! Now you can understand how it's ignorant and/or arrogant to make blanket assumptions about a group of people. Millennials work construction, fast food, build pools, and learn how to work with their hands too. The narrative that the latest generation suddenly lost the willingness or ability to work hard is a false one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucian04 said:

Compliments are micro aggressions.

 

 

@kaberle @apoc81

Man, I'm glad that Mandy chick lost weight, because she's really fucking hot! 

 

I just don't even know what to say. I mean, I know wheen people say 'Oh, your so big' that I don't necessarily agree, those are my own personal issues and have nothing to do with how others see me. I take it as exactly that, a compliment, because they don't see my body the same way I do. These peoples issues aren't compliments, it's their own body dysmorphia. It's another case of people actively seeking something out to be offended about. 

 

Anyway, I have to pick up my new workout partner and go to the gym, to work on getting bigger. It's back day! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

Man, I'm glad that Mandy chick lost weight, because she's really fucking hot! 

 

I just don't even know what to say. I mean, I know wheen people say 'Oh, your so big' that I don't necessarily agree, those are my own personal issues and have nothing to do with how others see me. I take it as exactly that, a compliment, because they don't see my body the same way I do. These peoples issues aren't compliments, it's their own body dysmorphia. It's another case of people actively seeking something out to be offended about. 

 

Anyway, I have to pick up my new workout partner and go to the gym, to work on getting bigger. It's back day! 

 

So who's bottom?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucian04 said:

 

So who's bottom?

It's a she, so I guess she can have any position she wants?. We're just training together for the weekend while she's in town. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

It's a she, so I guess she can have any position she wants?. We're just training together for the weekend while she's in town. 

How big is her strap on? Do you think you can handle it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucian04 said:

How big is her strap on? Do you think you can handle it?

I'll let you know in the morning. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, -Chris said:

 

That's great! Now you can understand how it's ignorant and/or arrogant to make blanket assumptions about a group of people. Millennials work construction, fast food, build pools, and learn how to work with their hands too. The narrative that the latest generation suddenly lost the willingness or ability to work hard is a false one.

Of course that would be ignorant to say that all millennials have the problem.  What I'm saying is that there is a far larger number of millennials who have this unwillingness* to do those jobs than generations past.  They have been coddled on far too many things and a lot of them are afraid to get their hands dirty.  

 

When I say "they" I mean they in comparison to generations past.  This is not arrogant its a statistical fact.  There is a reason that the trades are paying more than they ever have in years past just to get a body to come and work for them.  I know a lot of millennials who work hard and are willing to get their hands dirty.  I also know that there are a lot more kids today who would rather live in their parents basement and live off the luxuries their parents afforded them.  It is ignorant and or arrogant to think otherwise. 

 

Also, lbh here, the only person who made assumptions was you in regards to me.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now humanism + is a thing. Because apparently humanism (universal equality) is haunted by the stigma of being made up of primarily well to do, white cis straight males. So the best way to respond to that was for the American Humanist Society to become "inclusive" by forming alliances with racist, sexist and otherwise bigoted movements. If Atheism + is anything to go by, Humanism + will become tumblrina by the end of summer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Feminists stand up and say enough is enough; stop treating female superheroes as equal to their male counterparts.

 

 

Hopefully from now on Marvel will give Mystique a whistle or something to call one of the real heros to come help if fighting needs done.

Fighting sexism with sexism. How quaint.

 

 

I'll one up you.

 

Dean of Humanities at a Seattle University ousted for suggesting a book written by a black civil rights activist.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently people got Fox to apologize for "promoting violence against women" by using this Apocalypse promotional still:

 

X-Men-Apocalypse-Oscar-Isaac.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Apparently people got Fox to apologize for "promoting violence against women" by using this Apocalypse promotional still:

 

X-Men-Apocalypse-Oscar-Isaac.jpg

 

If the roles were reversed, it'd be seen as female empowerment. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

 

If the roles were reversed, it'd be seen as female empowerment. 

 

Strong wymyn don't need no man. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

All because the tittle of the book "Nigger".  

I believe the author of the book was interviewed about this story and he knows the Dean and said "...if you're looking for racism, this ain't it".  

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0