• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $840 (as of 06 February)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
Jason

~Official Bitching About Victim Culture/Regressive Left/Etc. Thread~

370 posts in this topic

I will add though, that there is a problem with the appropriation of cultural ARTIFACTS. Artifacts stolen from ancient civilizations and historical societies should be returned to those countries and put in museums in those countries. The idea that Spain has some claim to Mayan artifacts, or another country should own egyptian artifacts, etc etc, is completely ridiculous. These things are a part of their history, and should most certainly be returned. 

Nobody is trying to make Nathan Drake, a self described thief, into a good guy on the level of Indiana Jones taking them because they belong in a museum. He's a fuckin scoundrel like if instead of Indiana Jones being an archaeologist, he was Han Solo instead :P 

2 minutes ago, caleb1915 said:

Nobody is trying to make Nathan Drake, a self described thief, into a good guy on the level of Indiana Jones taking them because they belong in a museum. He's a fuckin scoundrel like if instead of Indiana Jones being an archaeologist, he was Han Solo instead :P 

That is basically who Drake is. He's basically a neutral chaotic scoundrel that happens to also be lovable.

21 minutes ago, kaberle said:

Will buy a PS4 just for Nathan tbh.

But he's white and clearly doesn't even lift.

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

But he's white and clearly doesn't even lift.

Means he's the perfect bottom. 

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

carpet.gif

Tell me more.

I've been the bull in the cuckhold before. You tell me why you small white guys like the big guys dick so much. 

:p

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

I assume it's the pants equivalent of the Napoleon complex. 

Didn't say I had a brotha dick. But 6'1 240 of muscle and tattoos=a turn on for many guys to watch fuck their wives. Human sexuality is so odd. 

Just now, kaberle said:

Didn't say I had a brotha dick. But 6'1 240 of muscle and tattoos=a turn on for many guys to watch fuck their wives. Human sexuality is so odd. 

If I needed to cry that badly I'd just cut some onions and think about puppies dying, or something. That other thing... yeah I don't need that in my life at all!

That said, thanks for your service! :P

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

If I needed to cry that badly I'd just cut some onions and think about puppies dying, or something. That other thing... yeah I don't need that in my life at all!

That said, thanks for your service! :P

Like I say when people say that to me about my Corps time.

It was my honor. 

This gives me an idea for a new thread here. 

6'1" aint that big :P 

I went to an appointment and it turns out I grew since the last physical checkup I had 3 and half years ago at 6'4" or 6'5" and now I'm like 2 inches taller. I saw all my high school friends at a wedding that I haven't seen for nearly 3 years when were all about the same height, and now I can see clear over their heads. 

My brother is still a good 2 or 3 inches taller than me though, and we're both taller than my dad who I matched in height when I was a Junior in high school. 

http://www.bustle.com/articles/159287-the-unexpected-way-harry-potter-perpetuates-rape-culture

"We now have the knowledge and understanding to un-internalize the way society presented the ideas of "fault" and "deserving it" in sexual assault and rape to us growing up; by virtue of that, we can acknowledge just how genuinely wrong and scary the idea of a potion that takes someone's autonomy from them truly is. And when we read these books to our children one day, we can do it with an informed and deeply necessary framework. "

While I think it is going too far to say it perpetuates it, it does remind me of Troi in the early seasons of The Next Generation.

The storyteller was so concerned about having a cool plot device, that they didn't really consider the full and potentially dark consequences of such powers.

Just now, Chairslinger said:

While I think it is going too far to say it perpetuates it, it does remind me of Troi in the early seasons of The Next Generation.

The storyteller was so concerned about having a cool plot device, that they didn't really consider the full and potentially dark consequences of such powers.

Often times, when I ponder on such things, I see them for what they are. Unintended or unintentional consequences of a plot or story telling device. J.K. Rowling was probably thinking anything but perpetuating rape culture when it came to things like the love potion. Just because I interpreted something in one fashion doesn't mean it's the fashion in which the author intended for that thing to be interpreted.

12 hours ago, caleb1915 said:

6'1" aint that big :P 

I went to an appointment and it turns out I grew since the last physical checkup I had 3 and half years ago at 6'4" or 6'5" and now I'm like 2 inches taller. I saw all my high school friends at a wedding that I haven't seen for nearly 3 years when were all about the same height, and now I can see clear over their heads. 

My brother is still a good 2 or 3 inches taller than me though, and we're both taller than my dad who I matched in height when I was a Junior in high school. 

It's the muscle that makes one big, not height skinny. :P

I'd kill myself if I was your height tbh.

Culture doesn't belong to anyone, therefore it cannot be appropriated.  The concept of cultural appropriation is literally groups of idiots looking for anything to apologize for, and/or something to bitch about in general.

Yeah, if someone wants me to avoid behaving in ways that make me happy and content purely out of a sense of sacredness of their culture, they can kiss my ass.

17 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Well, it's not like Troi could read minds. She could sense emotions. Unless your talking about her sensing how others see her? (As in a sexy, yummy piece of ass, which is pretty much her whole reason of being in TNG).

There's probably some truth to this. I grew up reading the Harry Potter books, and I always thought "man, if only love potions were a thing, then I could trick someone into falling deeply, irrationally in love with me. It would make it so easy to get up in them guts." When I group up and discovered roofies, I said "meh, good enough for me."

46 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

There's probably some truth to this. I grew up reading the Harry Potter books, and I always thought "man, if only love potions were a thing, then I could trick someone into falling deeply, irrationally in love with me. It would make it so easy to get up in them guts." When I group up and discovered roofies, I said "meh, good enough for me."

:lol:

20 hours ago, apoc81 said:

And who else thinks Harry is crazy for not hitting this?

anna-shaffer-2014-national-television-aw

not I. Mother fucker could conjur up anything he wants.

Like Neo in the matrix, you could legit create the most amazing female in history, and you fuck Trinity? 

1 hour ago, kaberle said:

not I. Mother fucker could conjur up anything he wants.

Like Neo in the matrix, you could legit create the most amazing female in history, and you fuck Trinity? 

Touche! :lol:

To be fair though, I don't think Potter could conjure up women. 

4 minutes ago, kittykat said:

I fully believe that Ginny love potioned Harry. 

Would make sense. She's probably his least attractive prospect imo.

So, is this what the board is about these days? Because threads like this, this, and this don't exactly give one much hope for any worthwhile discussion on here. :/

To clean this board up a bit, all topics about the Regressive Left/Victim Culture/Etc. will be posted in one thread.