Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

~Official Bitching About Victim Culture/Regressive Left/Etc. Thread~

Recommended Posts

Mithan    207
On 1/10/2017 at 3:06 PM, Massdriver said:

University students demand philosophers such as Plato and Kant are removed from syllabus because they are white

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/01/08/university-students-demand-philosophers-including-plato-kant/

Sure, remove these students that are clearly stupid, and it would be a deal!

 

NAAAAA!  Plato offered something to the world.  These Students don't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boyle5150    4,196
20 hours ago, Lucian04 said:

C3KZPsFUcAEmPaR.jpg

 

 

People actually go to Everyday Feminism to read their articles. This is the kind of shit people are reading.

There is an old saying that I'm quite fond of; "Fat chicks need love too"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
apoc81    1,919
On 2/4/2017 at 2:27 AM, user19842x15 said:

This thread sucks. 

It really doesn't. TThe stuff in this thread is the shit that has truly gone too far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaberle    3,272
On 1/27/2017 at 3:06 PM, Lucian04 said:

C3KZPsFUcAEmPaR.jpg

 

 

People actually go to Everyday Feminism to read their articles. This is the kind of shit people are reading.

Yet who gets to define what is a "female body?" Do you want me and @apoc81 to get to define what constitutes a "masculine body?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
legend    2,720
39 minutes ago, kaberle said:

Yet who gets to define what is a "female body?" Do you want me and @apoc81 to get to define what constitutes a "masculine body?"

 

I guess in this instance the author of the article who is trying to convey some concept with which they think being a woman is being conflated. I'm not exactly sure what they mean though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mithan    207
13 minutes ago, legend said:

 

I guess in this instance the author of the article who is trying to convey some concept with which they think being a woman is being conflated. I'm not exactly sure what they mean though.

 

The author doesn't know either. They were told what to believe and blindly follow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
legend    2,720
3 minutes ago, Mithan said:

 

The author doesn't know either. They were told what to believe and blindly follow it.

 

Entirely possible. People surprisingly often use words without actually meaning anything specific about them. That said, I would give the author a chance to clarify if there was a way to engage them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
apoc81    1,919
1 hour ago, kaberle said:

Yet who gets to define what is a "female body?" Do you want me and @apoc81 to get to define what constitutes a "masculine body?"

No, Phil Heath should do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaberle    3,272
8 hours ago, legend said:

 

I guess in this instance the author of the article who is trying to convey some concept with which they think being a woman is being conflated. I'm not exactly sure what they mean though.

I mean we both know what she's arguing against. The hyper feminine hyper-sexualization aka hot body type. 

 

This same thing does happen to guys as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
legend    2,720
6 hours ago, kaberle said:

I mean we both know what she's arguing against. The hyper feminine hyper-sexualization aka hot body type. 

 

This same thing does happen to guys as well.

 

The latter part is clearly a discussion on that. However, the intro where it brings up the conflation seems oddly worded to me if that's all it meant. It says it conflates being a woman with having a female body, and then adds "and it prizes a particular type of female body." The "particular type" seems to be the referent in the latter discussion about a hot body, but that is explicitly contrasted from "female body" with which they think being a woman is being conflated. It's only an image so I don't know if they clarify elsewhere, but the notion of what constitutes a "female body" and how they're defining that seems to be separate from the "hot body" discussion.

 

One possibility is they're trying to make a transperson type distinction. I.e., they would classify transwomen as "women" full stop and consider being a woman a state of mind, rather than a state of body (hence the conflation they're trying to highlight). But that's just speculation, because it's not clear to me from the context shown :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boyle5150    4,196

"You know what men described as cucks used to be called? Decent. Desirable. Thoughtful. Kind. If those qualities now qualify as an insult, then the problem isn’t with them. It’s with America."

 

I always believed kaberle to be a decent, desirable and kind person!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaberle    3,272
6 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

"You know what men described as cucks used to be called? Decent. Desirable. Thoughtful. Kind. If those qualities now qualify as an insult, then the problem isn’t with them. It’s with America."

 

I always believed kaberle to be a decent, desirable and kind person!!

At least I'm not a dad bod :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×