Fallout (Amazon Prime, 11 April 2024) - Official Trailer, all episodes to release simultaneously

Directed by Jonathan Nolan

Nolan.png?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Amazon Prime Video's series adaptation of Fallout, from Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy's Kilter Films, is coming together.

Nolan is a great writer and I know he's a HUGE gamer so this could be good.

3 hours ago, Siebzehn said:

Seems like it has a ton of potential to be fantastic. Kinda surprised it wasn't Elder Scrolls that got the show first though

As much as I love ES (I have an elder scroll tattoo) I feel like if it was adapted it would just be more bland fantasy garbage and maybe I'm not so much in the mood for that these days. Fallout makes more sense to me and sounds more appealing

25 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

As much as I love ES (I have an elder scroll tattoo) I feel like if it was adapted it would just be more bland fantasy garbage and maybe I'm not so much in the mood for that these days. Fallout makes more sense to me and sounds more appealing

Plus it's on Amazon Prime, they're not going to do another big fantasy show given how much they're hyping up Wheel of Time. This could be replacing The Expanse, if they're thinking of it as sci-fi.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Plus it's on Amazon Prime, they're not going to do another big fantasy show given how much they're hyping up Wheel of Time. This could be replacing The Expanse, if they're thinking of it as sci-fi.

They're also doing Mass Effect right? And they have The Lord of the Rings series coming as well.

6 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Oh I completely agree that I'd prefer Fallout, just was imagining someone to take a stab at a Skyrim series to be the next GoT and it has already been ported to everything else in existence. Why not the Silver Screen?

5 hours ago, Jason said:

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They're also doing Mass Effect right? And they have The Lord of the Rings series coming as well.

Good points, definitely wouldn't make a lot of sense for Amazon Prime. I was merely imaging the chances of either of the two being adapted to a series right now, I would have bet on Elder Scrolls just because of the popularity of fantasy at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Will this series feature the genuinely compelling Westworld Season 1 version of Jonathan Nolan or the borderline unwatchable Westworld Seasons 2 and 3 version of Jonathan Nolan?

So if I've only seen season 1, not worth going back to it?

6 minutes ago, Siebzehn said:

So if I've only seen season 1, not worth going back to it?

I felt the first halves of seasons 2 and 3 were really good, but the back halves screwed the pooch. Probably better binged though, I'd try it at least.

Let's not forget Jonathan Nolan wrote the short story that Memento is based on, as well as co-writing the screenplays to The Prestige, TDK, TDKR, and Interstellar as well as also creating Person of Interest. He's not just Westworld for anyone curious. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I stand by my stance that Westworld went off the rails before season one even ended.

As for a fallout series, sure, why not.  Fallout isn’t anything more than an aesthetic at this point, the games themselves have essentially abandoned their storyline.  It’ll probably be overwrought sci-fi drama where someone wears power armor and there’s nuka cola bottle caps.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to FALLOUT The Series Coming to Amazon Prime - 12 April 2024 release announced
  • 1 month later...
WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM

The globally popular video game has become an epic TV series from ‘Westworld’ creator Jonathan Nolan.

Falllout often looks like the distant past, but it’s really the far-off future—and, actually, it’s the end of life as we know it.

In the new series, debuting on Amazon’s Prime Video on April 12, a nuclear war breaks out across Earth in the year 2077—which is (or was) an era of robots, hover cars, and a deep and abiding nostalgia for the America of the 1940s. Everything from the clothes, to the entertainment, to the vehicles mimic the look of that bygone age, albeit with a sci-fi tilt. That retro-futurist aesthetic was one of the charms of the mega-selling video game series that inspired the show.

tyVr1v8.png

JzpECo3.png

1BQc60W.png

4FjxtHl.png

30e2ISg.png

cnOmGNX.png

InFFIPT.png

hPACX44.png

XimZK6Q.png

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Fallout (Amazon Prime, 12 April 2024) - "First Look: This Is How the World Ends—With a Smiling Thumbs-Up" (Vanity Fair)