• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $740 (as of 07 January)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Missing icons.   12/27/2016

Unfortunately, we lost a bunch of user icons due to the data loss a few days ago—but we didn't intentionally remove any so if yours is gone please feel free to just set it back.   -Jason
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Littleronin

The Recent Pickup Thread

27 posts in this topic

Figured this would be a nice way for people to show off their recent pickups. Instead of a making a thread for each individual game.

My wife grabbed these yesterday while I was at the doctor's office.

14700914_1405888109439411_87658045673188

Keep in mind  Through the Ages is not a Sid Meier game...

14700930_1405923239435898_45691066255709

Can't wait to hopefully try these this weekend.

Through the Ages looks deep. Let us know how that goes.

That is the one I am looking forward to playing. But I am not 100% I will be able to this weekend due to one of the regulars for our group has a daughter they are bringing.

I picked up Fury of Dracula. Not sure when I will get a chance to play it but I'm a sucker for GW games. 

Deathwatch overkill is another board game I have but I bought it more for use in 40k. I might buy the Burning of Prospero boardgame but I would mainly use it for 30k however I prefer resin models to plastic. Probably will get it for the special characters atleast. 

Reminds me I need to hit up ebay for the Betrayal at Calth characters. I should get a couple for the various legions I'm working on. Though a chainfist Praetor isnt exactly the best option but I do need a Chaplain miniature. Will especially need one for Word Bearers.

On 10/21/2016 at 6:20 PM, Slug said:

Through the Ages looks deep. Let us know how that goes.

We got to play a little bit of it before we had a few extra people show up.

It plays how you would expect a card version of Civilization would. Oddly enough, playing it then going to Civ VI you see some things that were added in VI that was already in Through the Ages.

14990949_1428642080497347_74300863021283

More goodies.

Also we finally played through a complete game of Through the Ages. It is pretty deep on the strategy and we had a ton of fun with it. We stayed up until about 2am playing it and I lost by 1 point.

Got in Burning of Prospero I unfortunately will never play the board game part of it most likely. gonna gove my friend the mark 3s and keep the rest. still debating on the terminators but I feel the drop in quality from fw resin terms to plastic terms isnt bad. also need it for sisters of scielence, custodes, and while I rather have a forgeworld character model of Ahriman its nice to have him already.

5be641dbad7f2ccc8234ebe45ae3b057.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

! I..what?

I knew it was coming but I didn't think it was supposed to be out until sometime Q1 or Q2 next year.

Yeah, I saw it my FLGS this week and almost bit on it. Then I remembered I picked up a shitload of Descent content at store sales this year and haven't played or painted it.

21 hours ago, Slug said:

I knew it was coming but I didn't think it was supposed to be out until sometime Q1 or Q2 next year.

My bad should have told you.

The releases so far are the boxed set, Skaven, and a rule book for league play, star players, and rules for Skaven, Elves, dwarfs, etc.

We just picked up Bloodborne and enjoyed the hell out of it. Might be one of the best psuedo-co-op games that I have played.

We just picked up Bloodborne and enjoyed the hell out of it. Might be one of the best psuedo-co-op games that I have played.

Yeah its really good. Clever mix of coop and competitive. Easy to teach with some surprisingly deep strategy with/against your fellow hunters.

Holy cow, found this at my local game store today, hidden in a back shelf. It's so old school it hurts.

c03d32855537a37634b07a5b3a7e7233.jpg

bfe90493a0e800027a3c0c4b60d5d339.jpg

1cd5db019a9a20ed54a5f53ee981d186.jpg

I can't wait. Blood Bowl without the blood. xD

I picked up the Colt Express Stagecoach expansion. My friend who went to Essen this year was raving about this and the newest expansion that is coming stateside early next year.

Also picked up Codenames to round out the family gifts for Christmas.

Christmas brought us Potion Explosion (surprisingly fun), Tokaido's collector's upgrade, Champions of Midgard, Sushi Go Party, a bunch of Red Dragon Inn expansions and something else that I am not thinking of.

I received Hyperborea for my birthday. Played it a couple of years ago and really liked it.

My Kingdom Death core set game in today, as well as the first ks's extras! I've been waiting for this for quite a while. I preordered all of the second Kickstarters stuff too. This is pretty much the only tabletop game my friends and I will be playing from now on. 

My Kingdom Death core set game in today, as well as the first ks's extras! I've been waiting for this for quite a while. I preordered all of the second Kickstarters stuff too. This is pretty much the only tabletop game my friends and I will be playing from now on. 

Pics! Details! Must!

Picked up some Star Ward Destiny stuff, and all of the 2nd Ed Mansions of Madness not including the just released expansion. Got the re release of Citadels, The Grizzled, and finally got my own copy of Cosmic Encounter.