• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,515 (as of April 7, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Update on the single-device/browser login restriction issue some people are having.   04/04/2017

4/7/2017 update: Now people who've been affected by this are saying that it went away on its own after about a week. So I dunno, if this would really hugely inconvenience you try to not log in on additional devices/browsers until the 4.2 update that's supposed to hopefully resolve this for good.   original announcement: For a long time now, D1P has been limited to three logins at a time; logging in on a fourth device or browser would log you out everywhere else. Unfortunately, multiple people have been reporting that they've started experiencing being limited to ONE login at a time.   The good news is, Invision Power Services (the company that makes our forum software) is aware of the issue and will be addressing it in version 4.2 of the software, which is the next big update. The bad news is, they announced about a month ago (the beginning of March 2017) that the update will be coming out in "mid 2017", so we probably have at least another couple of months to go before this is resolved.   In the meantime, I apologize to those affected for the inconvenience, and would suggest to everyone else to not log in to additional devices until this is resolved if this is something you don't want to have to have to deal with. I'm still not 100% sure on why it's not affecting everyone and why it didn't hit everyone affected at the same time, but the timing of when the reports of this started here mostly lines up with when I've seen reports of other sites having this issue starting, and I suspect that the problem is trickling in because of people happening to hit a fourth login that logs them out everywhere else, and then proceeding to be limited to one login at a time after that.
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 26: The Retro Show   04/19/2017

It's time to have that talk with your kids. No not THAT talk, the talk about retro games and how much better things were back in our days! We have @Reputator join us and talk a bit about the Scorpio and some retro PC cards. [email protected] us about console retro gaming and how he just got his Super Mario USA. While @Jason tells us about the day his parents threw out all his retro consoles. A sad day for any gamer. So listen and give us your feed back about your retro gaming experience!    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Nintendo Switch Coming March 2017!!!

141 posts in this topic

I like the premise and versatility. For long road trips this would be great with that car mount.

What I don't like, and I get that this is just a promo to show you can take it anywhere, is the notion that you should bring this thing everywhere you go and supplant real life interaction with friends, acquaintances and strangers. I mean, enjoy humanity and nature people!

4 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I like the premise and versatility. For long road trips this would be great with that car mount.

What I don't like, and I get that this is just a promo to show you can take it anywhere, is the notion that you should bring this thing everywhere you go and supplant real life interaction with friends, acquaintances and strangers. I mean, enjoy humanity and nature people!

I mean, that's already shot. Everywhere I go is my friends buried in their phones. That's not going to change any time soon.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

CvN6K40XYAA3EMU.jpg

So, Mike, just for perspective and judging by the image are we thinking that screen size is similar to what's on the iphone plus?

4 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

So, Mike, just for perspective and judging by the image are we thinking that screen size is similar to what's on the iphone plus?

looks like atleast a 6 inch screen, I know the Vita is 5 or something

Just now, Comet said:

So what do we do about this board now? Do we post on the Handheld or do we move permanently into the Nintendo board??

@SFLUFAN

Please Comet, we obviously keep it in both boards until we switch it depending on everybody's opinion...at the time. (see what I did there?)

Just now, BuckFly said:

Please Comet, we obviously keep it in both boards until we switch it depending on everybody's opinion...at the time. (see what I did there?)

Too many options, this board is so versatile! 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

looks like atleast a 6 inch screen, I know the Vita is 5 or something

I think that is a good size, and think that is still "travel ready".

...I am disappointed, though, as I do not believe I have any roof top parties to go to.

There always seems to be rooftop parties for these things.

god ive got such a hard on for this thing, all my favorite First Party Nintendo Franchises and strong 3rd party support, my dream of an NBA 2K Game on the go is coming true, hope its 2K17 and it launches with the system

5 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

I think that is a good size, and think that is still "travel ready".

...I am disappointed, though, as I do not believe I have any roof top parties to go to.

There always seems to be rooftop parties for these things.

lmao remember the commercial for call of duty black ops declassified for vita? werent they playing that outdoors on a rooftop too? lol

Splatoon is coming to Switch, cant wait to finally play that game as I never owned a Wii U. I actually bought a couple Splatoon Amiibo yesterday!!

Doesn't look as bad as I thought. It does however, look like it's going to be expensive enough for people not to buy it.

It is way too big to replace the DS though. No way in fuck I could carry that in a pocket.

so we are getting Splatoon and MK8 Ports, NBA 2K17 Port, Skyrim was shown...things are going to be fun...cant wait for March! 

11 minutes ago, Scape Zero said:

Doesn't look as bad as I thought. It does however, look like it's going to be expensive enough for people not to buy it.

It is way too big to replace the DS though. No way in fuck I could carry that in a pocket.

I stopped carrying Nintendo handhelds in my pocket since the DS Lite, everything else has been too big anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Comet said:

I stopped carrying Nintendo handhelds in my pocket since the DS Lite, everything else has been too big anyway. 

I like the 3DS cause it fits nicely in my pocket and doesn't break.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

@Boyle5150 is buying a Nintendo Switch, he commented earlier that if it was sleek and sexy he was in, looks like he is!

Looks really good to me.  I'll give it a whirl...

I honestly don't know what to think of this, it seems like an interesting premise, especially combining console with handheld gaming, taking it a step further from the Wii U. But I like it, Nintendo was always the console for me too play with friends on a couch, but being able to play a full Zelda game on the go to work or somewhere else would be amazing.

Let's wait until more information about the specs and battery life are out before we pass final judgement :sun:

This is almost guaranteed to have the greatest handheld library of all time.  That alone is going to be a huge step in the right direction.

I never bought a Wii U and I never really considered it.

That said, I would consider the Nintendo Snatch.

...sorry, Switch.