• Announcements

    • SFLUFAN

      D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

      I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

      D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

      E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Nintendo Switch Coming March 2017!!!

141 posts in this topic

I like the premise and versatility. For long road trips this would be great with that car mount.

 

What I don't like, and I get that this is just a promo to show you can take it anywhere, is the notion that you should bring this thing everywhere you go and supplant real life interaction with friends, acquaintances and strangers. I mean, enjoy humanity and nature people!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I like the premise and versatility. For long road trips this would be great with that car mount.

 

What I don't like, and I get that this is just a promo to show you can take it anywhere, is the notion that you should bring this thing everywhere you go and supplant real life interaction with friends, acquaintances and strangers. I mean, enjoy humanity and nature people!

 

I mean, that's already shot. Everywhere I go is my friends buried in their phones. That's not going to change any time soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mike said:

CvN6K40XYAA3EMU.jpg

 

 

So, Mike, just for perspective and judging by the image are we thinking that screen size is similar to what's on the iphone plus?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

 

 

So, Mike, just for perspective and judging by the image are we thinking that screen size is similar to what's on the iphone plus?

looks like atleast a 6 inch screen, I know the Vita is 5 or something

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Comet said:

So what do we do about this board now? Do we post on the Handheld or do we move permanently into the Nintendo board??

 

@SFLUFAN

 

 

Please Comet, we obviously keep it in both boards until we switch it depending on everybody's opinion...at the time. (see what I did there?)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BuckFly said:

 

 

Please Comet, we obviously keep it in both boards until we switch it depending on everybody's opinion...at the time. (see what I did there?)

Too many options, this board is so versatile! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike said:

looks like atleast a 6 inch screen, I know the Vita is 5 or something

 

 

I think that is a good size, and think that is still "travel ready".

 

...I am disappointed, though, as I do not believe I have any roof top parties to go to.

 

There always seems to be rooftop parties for these things.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

god ive got such a hard on for this thing, all my favorite First Party Nintendo Franchises and strong 3rd party support, my dream of an NBA 2K Game on the go is coming true, hope its 2K17 and it launches with the system

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

 

 

I think that is a good size, and think that is still "travel ready".

 

...I am disappointed, though, as I do not believe I have any roof top parties to go to.

 

There always seems to be rooftop parties for these things.

lmao remember the commercial for call of duty black ops declassified for vita? werent they playing that outdoors on a rooftop too? lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Splatoon is coming to Switch, cant wait to finally play that game as I never owned a Wii U. I actually bought a couple Splatoon Amiibo yesterday!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't look as bad as I thought. It does however, look like it's going to be expensive enough for people not to buy it.

 

It is way too big to replace the DS though. No way in fuck I could carry that in a pocket.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so we are getting Splatoon and MK8 Ports, NBA 2K17 Port, Skyrim was shown...things are going to be fun...cant wait for March! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Scape Zero said:

Doesn't look as bad as I thought. It does however, look like it's going to be expensive enough for people not to buy it.

 

It is way too big to replace the DS though. No way in fuck I could carry that in a pocket.

I stopped carrying Nintendo handhelds in my pocket since the DS Lite, everything else has been too big anyway. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Comet said:

I stopped carrying Nintendo handhelds in my pocket since the DS Lite, everything else has been too big anyway. 

 

I like the 3DS cause it fits nicely in my pocket and doesn't break.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike said:

@Boyle5150 is buying a Nintendo Switch, he commented earlier that if it was sleek and sexy he was in, looks like he is!

Looks really good to me.  I'll give it a whirl...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't know what to think of this, it seems like an interesting premise, especially combining console with handheld gaming, taking it a step further from the Wii U. But I like it, Nintendo was always the console for me too play with friends on a couch, but being able to play a full Zelda game on the go to work or somewhere else would be amazing.

 

Let's wait until more information about the specs and battery life are out before we pass final judgement :sun:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is almost guaranteed to have the greatest handheld library of all time.  That alone is going to be a huge step in the right direction.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never bought a Wii U and I never really considered it.

 

That said, I would consider the Nintendo Snatch.

 

...sorry, Switch.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0