I am cursed well in regards to my Fold 3.

Zaku3

God no. My phone fell again and I have even more dead pixels then before. For those that have it I have a blob of pixels that would cover the letter o on the keypad in the void next to y on the keyboard. Also have some where the 8 button is. It appears protection plans don't cover this situation. I live near a Samsung repair center so I will stop by and see what needs to be done and how much.

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

Mine cost fucking $300 to fix my screen when I smashed it by accident at work.

471 on my end. Terrible that the insurance that is offered doesn't cover this circumstance. I tend to skip protection plans on anything not an SSD. (Have had alot of bad luck with them.) I think in the future it's going to be wiser to wait on a new phone. I got it as soon as it came out and only cheapo cases were available. 

Ordered a better case and will be going Friday since I am off to get it fixed.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

471 on my end. Terrible that the insurance that is offered doesn't cover this circumstance. I tend to skip protection plans on anything not an SSD. (Have had alot of bad luck with them.) I think in the future it's going to be wiser to wait on a new phone. I got it as soon as it came out and only cheapo cases were available. 

I waffled on buying a Fold but the lack of good cases ultimately kept me at bay. Seeing the cases they have out now kinda makes me disappointed that I didnt get one.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

I feel like that's got to be something specific to this form factor since everyone's pretty new to it, I was able to preorder my Incipio DualPro case along my S10+ preorder, which I knew would be good from having used the DualPro for my S7 and I think my Note 4 too. The case manufacturers get what they need before the phones release to the public.

On 12/22/2021 at 9:47 PM, Zaku3 said:

What does the protection plan cover? Considering how often people accidentally damage their phone, I'm surprised it's not covered. My sister used to have a plan with her phone service provider, and they even covered her when she dropped her phone in a lake. She got it out, but it didn't exactly work after, lol. 

2 hours ago, Raggit said:

What does the protection plan cover? Considering how often people accidentally damage their phone, I'm surprised it's not covered. My sister used to have a plan with her phone service provider, and they even covered her when she dropped her phone in a lake. She got it out, but it didn't exactly work after, lol. 

It doesn't cover dead pixels. So if they phone feel and the screen cracked I'd be covered. I have a new case didn't go today to get it repaired but I am off New Years Eve day so Ill go then.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

It doesn't cover dead pixels. So if they phone feel and the screen cracked I'd be covered. I have a new case didn't go today to get it repaired but I am off New Years Eve day so Ill go then.

You could always "accidentally" break your screen.