Sniper Elite 5 (26 May 2022) - Information Thread, update: first reviews from OpenCritic posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

Finally completed the first mission in co-op (took us a good 2.5 hours) and I have to admit... this is kinda what I had hoped Ghost Recon would've evolved into. I would love for GR to go back to mission-based maps and ditch that open world bullshit so that they can actually have legit A.I. and deliberately designed maps rather than just a smattering of shit on a world that you just run past and never pay attention to. 

Maybe it's just because I've only done the first map, but everything on that first mission felt like it was there for a reason. I miss that in map design, to be honest.

On 5/25/2022 at 8:26 PM, SoberChef said:

Super stoked to get off work in the morning & boot this up FINALLY!!!!

I have never played any of the Sniper Elite games, and just thought I would click through this video a bit to get a sense of what the games are all about, and I ended up watching all 40 minutes of it. :lol: You all are going to make me spend more money on games that I shouldn't. :p 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

I have never played any of the Sniper Elite games, and just thought I would click through this video a bit to get a sense of what the games are all about, and I ended up watching all 40 minutes of it. :lol: You all are going to make me spend more money on games that I shouldn't. :p 

It’s on GamePass. Get GamePass, save money, benefit. :pratt:

• Shocked 1
  • True 1

Update: So I just completed mission 3 (finally have my Gehwar rifle back yay!) and while that mission is technically smaller in terms of acreage, the sheer vertacality involved with SO many nooks, crannies, coves, caverns, and crawl spaces to clamber & explore ... pretty sure I only saw about half of this map. Like geez, before I even got out of the starting area, I had already marked, tagged, & killed over a half dozen snipers strewn about. 

I love how much replayability there are in every level. Even when you think you have thoroughly explored everything, you still end up w/ maybe half to 3/4 of collectibles/tables/iron eagles.

11 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Update: So I just completed mission 3 (finally have my Gehwar rifle back yay!) and while that mission is technically smaller in terms of acreage, the sheer vertacality involved with SO many nooks, crannies, coves, caverns, and crawl spaces to clamber & explore ... pretty sure I only saw about half of this map. Like geez, before I even got out of the starting area, I had already marked, tagged, & killed over a half dozen snipers strewn about. 

I love how much replayability there are in every level. Even when you think you have thoroughly explored everything, you still end up w/ maybe half to 3/4 of collectibles/tables/iron eagles.

Ohh I’m a man who enjoys verticality in games so that has me more interested. I have this downloaded I just need to take a break from Valhalla to check it out.

So level 6 was a lot of fun, happens on D-Day and you get to liberate a town, so that was a lot of fun! Level 7 however, OMFG, slightly overwhelmed at the moment with Jager's & multiple tanks, tons of well defended entry points, still trying to figure out how to infiltrate the main facility without becoming a corpse!

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I saw this today on gamepass and immediately thought of you.  :p

Like, what type of game is it?

On 4/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Hands-on previews:

Sniper-Elite-5-Stealth-scaled.jpg
WEGOTTHISCOVERED.COM

Sniper Elite 5 is still in the business of letting you snipe Nazi soldiers to your heart's content, and business is-a-boomin'.

SE5_Screenshots_WIP_Reveal_Hotshot.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Cult hit requires closer, quicker stealth — or a fast escape route

sniper-elite-5-screenshot-intel.jpg
WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

Rebellion continues to build upon the foundation laid by previous Sniper Elite releases as players become Karl Fairburne and attempt to stop the Nazis' secret plan: Operation Kraken.

Sniper Elite 5 sets its sights on the Hitman franchise (Eurogamer)

SniperElite-Hero500art.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

We go hands on with Sniper Elite 5, as Karl Fairburne goes behind enemy lines in France. What's new in Rebellion's WW2 stealth action shooter?

Sniper-Elite-5-Preview-Header.jpg
HARDCOREGAMER.COM

It’s always beneficial to refresh one’s memory of the previous entrant upon checking out a series’ latest installment. Outside of the V2 remaster -- one that

wnMNjpktGvqh9ppbvcuB8f-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Hands-on with Karl Fairburne's latest head-popping outing in Sniper Elite 5

se5_marksman_1.jpg
WWW.DIGITALTRENDS.COM

Rebellion learned the right lessons from games like Hitman 3 and Metal Gear Solid 5 when designing Sniper Elite 5.

3969528-preview_sniperelite_gs_v3.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Sniper Elite 5 expands gun customization, adds puzzles, and new non-lethal ways to stop Nazis. We spent two hours on the expansive Occupied Residence map and here’s what you should know.

WWW.GAMEWATCHER.COM

Sniper Elite 5 Hands On Preview: Looks Like a Hit, Man

sniper-elite-5-preview.jpg
WWW.THELOADOUT.COM

Sniper Elite 5 may be coming to Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, as well as PlayStation and PC, but should you play it? Here's our preview of the new shooter

scf29v.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Nazis are made to be murdered.

se55.jpg
CHECKPOINTMAGAZINE.COM

The fifth instalment of Rebellion's sniper-cum-action Nazi-hinting game takes place in France in 1944. We managed to get a hands-on preview.

1651083176_Sniper-Elite-5-Hands-on-Previ
CONSOLESANDGAMES.NET

Sniper Elite 5 Release Date Revealed to be May 26, 2022 Sniper Elite 5 to Feature Optional Soulslike PvP Invasion Mode

sniper-elite-5.jpg
WWW.COMINGSOON.NET

ComingSoon's Sniper Elite 5 hands-on preview explains the promise of this stealthy fifth entry, but also why it might be a little off its mark.

SE5_Screenshots_WIP_Reveal_Hotshot.jpg?w
VENTUREBEAT.COM

We spent some time with Sniper Elite 5 by Rebellion Games. In the new game you play as a sniper in Nazi-occupied France.

sniper-elite-5-logo-HD-1480x833.jpg?#
WWW.ARABDOWN.ORG

When British game developer Rebellion unveiled Sniper Elite 5 at The Game Awards 2021, it had been over four and half years since the release of the previous installment, which is the longest fans had to wait since the Sniper Elite V2 remake. The new game is now close to its launch date, though, and […] The post Sniper Elite 5 Hands-on Preview – A Bit Too Old School by Alessio Palumbo appeared first on Wccftech.

sniper-elite-5-preview-wide.jpg
COGCONNECTED.COM

The latest entry in a long-running franchise of shooters set in World War 2, Sniper Elite 5 uncovers Hilter's secret plan to invade America.

b0db22b8-sniper-elite-5-preview.jpg
WWW.GAMEBYTE.COM

Sniper Elite 5 isn't going to blow the formula out of the water, but it does a lot to make it more intriguing than ever before.

Sniper-Elite-5-1-2000x1270-1.jpg
WWW.NME.COM

A surprising amount of player freedom - and plenty of dead Nazis.

SE5_Render_CoverArt_FINAL-d5c6_165105673
METRO.CO.UK

Rebellion’s WW2 era sniping simulator heads to France in 1944, and it's more realistic, versatile, and gory than ever.

Sniper Elite 5 Preview: Small Improvements to a Solid Gameplay Formula

Sniper-Elite-5-Preview-Dialing-In-The-Sc
SCREENRANT.COM

Sniper Elite 5 further refines the franchise.

Sniper Elite 5 Preview: World War II Hitman

sniper-elite-5-glhf-1.jpg?w=640
FTW.USATODAY.COM

Sniper Elite 5 is coming soon, and we’ve played the second level of the game. It’s not a revolution, but it is good fun.

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So this new mission (more than likely the final piece of DLC for this title) ends with a bang, giving us arguably THE hardest mission I've ever attempted. In fact, I'm still in the midst of attempting to work my way through this gigantic aircraft carrier, SO many corridors, easy to get lost, even more enemies AND all close quarter! Really wish they hadn't gotten rid of wired mines but oh well, I'll get through it!