Update: Quantic Dream assures us that "Star Wars: Eclipse" still "exists" and is currently "simmering"

Commissar SFLUFAN

The vibe of that trailer has me excited. But I can't tell what the game is actually going to be like. The website didn't help much either.

og.jpg
WWW.STARWARSECLIPSE.COM

Official site of Star Wars Eclipse™, the newest adventure in the High Republic era created in collaboration between Quantic Dream and...

On 12/10/2021 at 5:26 PM, SoberChef said:

I definitely am missing something what with all the hate levied against Quantic Dream. I've always found their games to be in a lane unto themselves, telling stories & allowing such varied choice to really hone in on the uniqueness of the individual player experience.

QD is a toxic company that's hostile to anyone that isn't a straight, white dude led by a man child that publicly talks like a spoiled 12yo tough guy chatting your ear off in CoD. That shit should never be tolerated and especially not for a company that makes glorified visual novels its esteemed leader thinks are high art.

13 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

QD is a toxic company that's hostile to anyone that isn't a straight, white dude led by a man child that publicly talks like a spoiled 12yo tough guy chatting you're ear off in CoD. That shit should never be tolerated and especially not for a company that makes glorified visual novels its esteemed leader thinks are high art.

Well to be fair, he IS French

On 12/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, Ghost_MH said:

QD is a toxic company that's hostile to anyone that isn't a straight, white dude led by a man child that publicly talks like a spoiled 12yo tough guy chatting you're ear off in CoD. That shit should never be tolerated and especially not for a company that makes glorified visual novels its esteemed leader thinks are high art.

This... all of this. And for "games" whose primary hook is story and narratice, the stories aren't that good. Supermassive does what Quantic Dreams tries to do waaay better.

15 minutes ago, Brick said:

David Cage is a failed movie director and it shows. 

What's worse is that he thinks he's Quentin Tarantino who has brought forth some new genre of game that even Nintendo has already dabbled in 35 years ago. The only difference between his games and the random itch.io title is hubris and 10,000,000x the budget.

On 12/10/2021 at 5:26 PM, SoberChef said:

I definitely am missing something what with all the hate levied against Quantic Dream. I've always found their games to be in a lane unto themselves, telling stories & allowing such varied choice to really hone in on the uniqueness of the individual player experience.

Heavy Rain sucked so much ass that the vacuum it created is possibly what’s causing the eclipse in this game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/10/2021 at 4:55 PM, best3444 said:

CGI does nothing for me. I'm not interested in it by that trailer that's for sure.

yeah, all it said to me was “yep those are Star Wars things”. I really like Star Wars, but this trailer was meh. As an announcement/teaser trailer it’s “fine” I guess. But any amount of anticipation is solely the result of the franchise title, Star Wars, and not because of anything they actually showed. 

They could have saved a lot of time and money and only showed the game’s Title art, and it would accomplished the exact same thing for me. I know it exists, and I know what it’s called. 

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update - Star Wars: Eclipse (High Republic Era, Quantic Dream) is already having "development trouble" per Tom Henderson
On 12/16/2021 at 8:21 AM, Mercury33 said:

I really liked the Detroit game 🤷🏻‍♂️

The idea of a Star Wars game with those cool branching stories based off your decisions that you can track on that cool timeline thing is really exciting for me. 

Yeah, but that's just a visual novel. There are a million devs that make visual novels with branching stories and multitudes of endings based on your actions. QD just makes really pretty visual novels with a heaping side of sexual harassment. I mean, Chunsoft has been making visual novels since the 80s, complete with that cool timeline thing. The biggest difference here is that they aren't pretending AI The Somnium Files is high art. Side note, AI The Somnium Files is actually fairly brilliant and on Game Pass. Also, their Zero Escape series has some of the craziest fourth wall breaking craziness ever put on screen. It's a serious shame it takes the pretty graphics QD pushed out to make people pay attention to the genre. That's seriously the only reason QD's claims get taken seriously by the press and gamers alike. It's all in the pretty coat of paint. If their games were exactly the same, but looked like anime instead of the going for realism, nobody would being paying them nearly as much attention.

On 12/15/2021 at 8:48 PM, Kal-El814 said:

The way the gameplay works and who the villain ultimately were so insulting it's one of the few times a game made me actually angry.

That game was so fucking dumb but the irritating thing was that a lot of gamers were tricked into thinking that story was "good". It was so infuriating. 

• True 1

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, but that's just a visual novel. There are a million devs that make visual novels with branching stories and multitudes of endings based on your actions. QD just makes really pretty visual novels with a heaping side of sexual harassment. I mean, Chunsoft has been making visual novels since the 80s, complete with that cool timeline thing. The biggest difference here is that they aren't pretending AI The Somnium Files is high art. Side note, AI The Somnium Files is actually fairly brilliant and on Game Pass. Also, their Zero Escape series has some of the craziest fourth wall breaking craziness ever put on screen. It's a serious shame it takes the pretty graphics QD pushed out to make people pay attention to the genre. That's seriously the only reason QD's claims get taken seriously by the IRS and gamers alike. It's all in the pretty coat of paint. If their games were exactly the same, but looked like anime instead of the going for realism, nobody would being paying them nearly as much attention.

cool

So anyway, I still really like the Detroit game they made. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
maxresdefault-1.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

According to a Twitter user who tweeted a screenshot of the reveal trailer for Star Wars Eclipse one week before it was publicly shown, the game is an open-world...

OH DEAR GOD!

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update - Star Wars: Eclipse (High Republic Era, Quantic Dream) is reportedly "inspired" by The Last of Us