Metroid Dread. Sorry if already mentioned but to unlock everything is this the proper order?

Hand76

I just finished my second normal run under 4 hours. I now have 3 end game unlockables.

I want to get 100% on one save game file. Can I now do:

Hard under 4 hours

After completion go for 100% on hard

Call it a day?

Basically if I'm overwriting my save game file I don't need to first get 100% on normal first right?

I only play handheld. The game is fine. I wont even make the excuse that backtracking is part of the series but here you don't mind it (least I didn't) because the powerups are everywhere and there is usually something new to get while returning. 

Also the game has several teleports from each region. So just because you are going back to the same region doesn't necessarily mean the same area.

I only found two bosses very hard and both with practice can be beaten fairly easily after 10 or so attemps. 

I was worried this was going to be short and the difficulty only added on to pad time. I was wrong. It is short but fair. Fun and fair

Well I got to give the haters that. Im used to them now but the game does start pushing it in some areas.

To aim and shoot a missle takes 4 different buttons. That's not the "Nintendo" way. That will never appeal to casuals. It's a little over the top. Im on my 3rd play through and still have to think sometimes what Im pressing before doing so. It's not 100% intuitive

1 minute ago, Hand76 said:

Well I got to give the haters that. Im used to them now but the game does start pushing it in some areas.

To aim a nd shoot a missle takes 4 different buttons. That's not the "Nintendo" way. That will never appeal to casuals. It's a little over the top. Im on my 3rd play through and still have to think sometimes what Im pressing before doing so. It's not 100% intuitive

Damn you Samus. Damn you straight to hell. 

Angry Star Trek GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hand76 said:

To aim and shoot a missle takes 4 different buttons. That's not the "Nintendo" way. That will never appeal to casuals. It's a little over the top. Im on my 3rd play through and still have to think sometimes what Im pressing before doing so. It's not 100% intuitive

That was my exact issue with the game. Its a chore to play in handheld with the button placement. I'll play it on my tv with my pro controller at some point 

Getting lost in Dread is almost as hard as getting lost in Fusion.  If you’ve played and enjoyed any Metroidvania whatsoever, you should be fine.  The map is a little unconventional, but you get markers to place on it.  If you’re not after getting most of the power-ups, you won’t need them.

I beat the whole game docked without a pro controller.  I have complaints with pushing the stick in to boost run, but other than that, it plays fine and eases you into the new abilities.

It’s certainly not the 3DS game all over again.  Dread is a whole lot closer to Zero Mission in flow and design, especially how it funnels you.  I say that as someone who beat all three in the past few months.

Samus Returns isn’t made redundant by Dread either.  It’s not as good, but there’s some real highlights and unique elements there.

34 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

So um this is awkward, anybody want to repy to my original post? Lol

You unlock hard mode as soon as you beat the game on normal at any completion rate. Are you worried about losing gallery items if you overwrite a 100% normal file or something? I wouldn't worry. You can overwrite that save and keep all your unlockables. I don't think you'd lose them even if you straight deleted all your save files...just don't hold me to that last one.

17 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

You unlock hard mode as soon as you beat the game on normal at any completion rate. Are you worried about losing gallery items if you overwrite a 100% normal file or something? I wouldn't worry. You can overwrite that save and keep all your unlockables. I don't think you'd lose them even if you straight deleted all your save files...just don't hold me to that last one.

No I just want to make sure that I don't have to get 100% on normal before doing hard and intending on gettng 100% there.

I just don't want to do 100% twice to unlock the other archives

17 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I literally got lost/stuck in the first area. I am glad I rented the game. It ain’t for me. 

Did you forget that sliding is a thing?  That might've been it.  Otherwise, it's really guided at the start, 1st Zelda dungeon-level straightforward.

2 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

No I just want to make sure that I don't have to get 100% on normal before doing hard and intending on gettng 100% there.

I just don't want to do 100% twice to unlock the other archives

Ah, yeah, I'm pretty sure you can skip going 100% on normal if you're planning to do so on hard.

• Like 1