Marvel and Sony to make three more Spider-Man movies together (apparently)

Amy Pascal: This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie. We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel, it just isn't part of… we're thinking of this as three films, and now we're going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies.

Fandango: It's great to know that this collaboration is going to continue.

Amy Pascal: Yes, Marvel and Sony are going to keep going together as partners.

lol:

Holland says. "If I'm playing Spider-Man after I'm 30, I've done something wrong."

oocq86buplw21.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chris- said:

If it hasn’t already been leaked, I’d bet a decent amount of money that they’ve casted Miles and will reveal him at the end of No Way Home. 

Apparently there are three or four post-credit scenes, and one involves a hint at the direction of the next films. However, the interview in this case implies that Tom Holland will be in the next three films. Personally I hope they age him up appropriately (have a college-years trilogy). If not, then they need to do something new and move on to Miles.

Spoiler for alleged fourth post-credit scene:

Spoiler

Tom Hardy's Venom enters the MCU very briefly during Dr. Strange multiverse chaos. However, he returns back to his own universe, but not before leaving behind a small piece of the symbiote, allowing for an MCU Venom to potentially be used in following films.

2 hours ago, number305 said:

This feels a lot like in sports when a coach looks around at other jobs just to get a raise.  I wonder if Holland made all the noise about being done with SM just to get a fatter contract.

I don’t doubt he got a bigger contract, but I doubt that was his main concern…Being obligated to a franchise for 8-10 years sucks in some respects (especially for younger actors), and I believe he’s already been pretty vocal about having more money than he’ll ever need. He probably looked at Pattinson’s career arc and decided that he needs to get past franchise work quicker than not. I’d bet any amount of money he doesn’t carry the next franchise beyond maybe the first film. 

53 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I don’t doubt he got a bigger contract, but I doubt that was his main concern…Being obligated to a franchise for 8-10 years sucks in some respects (especially for younger actors), and I believe he’s already been pretty vocal about having more money than he’ll ever need. He probably looked at Pattinson’s career arc and decided that he needs to get past franchise work quicker than not. I’d bet any amount of money he doesn’t carry the next franchise beyond maybe the first film. 

Maybe... Hugh Jackman played Wolverine for what, 20 years? It didn't prevent him from doing other things. I altars got the impression Holland really enjoyed playing the character. 

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Maybe... Hugh Jackman played Wolverine for what, 20 years? It didn't prevent him from doing other things. I altars got the impression Holland really enjoyed playing the character. 

Marvel Studios and the MCU are different beasts though, not as easy to expand your career when Kevin Feige wants you trim and ready every year and a half. I’m sure he’s having a good time now but I can’t blame any actor who sees the arc and thinks, ‘I don’t want this for too long.’

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

Marvel Studios and the MCU are different beasts though, not as easy to expand your career when Kevin Feige wants you trim and ready every year and a half. I’m sure he’s having a good time now but I can’t blame any actor who sees the arc and thinks, ‘I don’t want this for too long.’

Pretty sure Holland's contract is with Sony, hence the Uncharted role. There would be vey little to stop that kid from doing other movies if he wants and I'm sure he's in pretty high demand. Speaking of Pattinson, they were both amazing in this movie

I just don't think playing Spiderman is the burden folks are making it out to be and I agree with others that the talk of him leaving the role was more than likely a negotiation tactic.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Pattison just did Batman...

Also there are a ton of examples of actors who move as fast as possible to get out of franchise type of work - then are never heard from again.

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Pretty sure Holland's contract is with Sony, hence the Uncharted role. There would be vey little to stop that kid from doing other movies if he wants and I'm sure he's in pretty high demand. Speaking of Pattinson, they were both amazing in this movie

I just don't think playing Spiderman is the burden folks are making it out to be and I agree with others that the talk of him leaving the role was more than likely a negotiation tactic.

I agree. I mean, it wasn't long ago that he said he would play spider-man until Marvel no longer wanted him to.