Can we talk about Arcane can we Please talk about Arcane (Netflix League of Legends animated series), update: Season 2 First Look video

unogueen

21 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Watched the first episode and so far off to a slow start. What really turned me off is the top 40 radio soundtrack. I agree that the art is impressive on a technical level but it has an ugly style. It's like a nicer looking borderlands. Maybe something cool will happen in the next couple of episodes.

It's a good show, and some of the fight sequences are awesome. I'll agree that some of the show looks like a juiced up Telltale game, though. And I'm against imagine dragons just like in general.

It feels odd to me to say you don't need to know anything about League to enjoy the show. So far it seems like most of the appeal is seeing the origin of these league characters. Like at the beginning when the dude says Jinx "Jinxes" every mission she's on, maybe a bit on the nose. Or in the second episode when you see what looks like her shark gun. And then dripping in a bunch of other popular characters. It's like, look look at this guy and they're talking, amazing!

57 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It feels odd to me to say you don't need to know anything about League to enjoy the show. So far it seems like most of the appeal is seeing the origin of these league characters. Like at the beginning when the dude says Jinx "Jinxes" every mission she's on, maybe a bit on the nose. Or in the second episode when you see what looks like her shark gun. And then dripping in a bunch of other popular characters. It's like, look look at this guy and they're talking, amazing!

I don't know, I've never played it and I really liked it:shrug:

17 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Same - I know about League of Legends but I was more of a DOTA player (and that was when it was a custom online game in Warcraft III). I went into this knowing pretty much nothing and came away very impressed. 

Maybe fans of the game enjoy it even more, I'm sure. I already started Ruined King: A League of Legends Story and that's been very good so far too. 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:05 AM, Fizzzzle said:

9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Same - I know about League of Legends but I was more of a DOTA player (and that was when it was a custom online game in Warcraft III). I went into this knowing pretty much nothing and came away very impressed. 

Maybe fans of the game enjoy it even more, I'm sure. I already started Ruined King: A League of Legends Story and that's been very good so far too. 

You guys are putting words in my mouth again. I never said you won't like the show if you know nothing about the characters. In fact it might do you some good as you won't know who's actually alive in the games. :p

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You guys are putting words in my mouth again. I never said you won't like the show if you know nothing about the characters. In fact it might do you some good as you won't know who's actually alive in the games. :p

I mean, you said it seems odd to you for someone to say they don't need to know anything about LoL to enjoy the show, and we're telling you it's not odd because we don't know anything and we enjoyed the show. :p 

Did a rewatch of the series with my fiancé. I think I enjoyed it even more the second time around, she loved it too. There are just so many blink and you miss it touches in the animation it is astounding. I would love to read a deep dive article/interview about the studio where they go into detail about what they did on this show vs how most shows are made. It is not just more time and money, obviously that plays a huge part but there is more going on here. 

Still obsessed with Echo vs Jinx fight.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, elbobo said:

Did a rewatch of the series with my fiancé. I think I enjoyed it even more the second time around, she loved it too. There are just so many blink and you miss it touches in the animation it is astounding. I would to read a deep dive article/interview about the studio where they go into detail about what they did on this show vs how most shows are made. It is not just more time and money, obviously that plays a huge part but there is more going on here. 

Still obsessed with Echo vs Jinx fight.

The Ekko vs. Jinx fight is awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like we're gonna have to wait longer for the second season:

arcaneseasonone-blogroll-1637364360923-1
WWW.IGN.COM

Arcane fans are eagerly awaiting the second season of the League of Legends animated series, but the wait will extend beyond 2023.

"I just watched the third episode of Season 2 before my flight to China, so we're making progress on it," Laurent said. "It is not ready yet, and there's two reasons for that. One, you want the quality, you just don't wanna rush, and so that takes time. So that's the good reason. The bad reason is honestly like, we didn't know if Season 1 was gonna be a success… If I had known we could have started Season 2 way earlier, but we didn't know so we kind of waited a bit and so now we're paying the price, so it's unfortunately not going to be this year."

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Can we talk about Arcane can we Please talk about Arcane (Netflix League of Legends animated series), update: no second season in 2023 confirmed
12 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Looks like we're gonna have to wait longer for the second season:

arcaneseasonone-blogroll-1637364360923-1
WWW.IGN.COM

Arcane fans are eagerly awaiting the second season of the League of Legends animated series, but the wait will extend beyond 2023.

They can take all the time they need. I don't care if it 4 years between seasons if they can keep up with the quality of the first.

• Halal 1

• 4 months later...
6Q6KwbJeMSMDQtPKRnRiSC-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

The acclaimed League of Legends animation returns in Q4 2024

Arcane, the acclaimed League of Legends animated series, is set to return for its second season late next year.

A Q4 2024 release window for the series was announced at the Video V Vision Conference hosted by Tencent, League of Legends' Chinese parent company. Speculation on the game's subreddit suggests that that's likely to result in a November release, in keeping with the first season's release as well as League of Legends' 15th anniversary event.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Can we talk about Arcane can we Please talk about Arcane (Netflix League of Legends animated series), update: 4Q 2024 release window for Season 2 announced
  • 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Can we talk about Arcane can we Please talk about Arcane (Netflix League of Legends animated series), update: Season 2 debuts in November 2024
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Can we talk about Arcane can we Please talk about Arcane (Netflix League of Legends animated series), update: Season 2 First Look video