NBC/COMCAST debating on pulling content from Hulu

Spork3245

This was always the inevitable future once Disney bought Fox and NBCU launched Peacock. I can easily imagine Hulu becoming either a section of Disney+, a scaled back service that primarily offers the Fox content Disney owns, or just becoming a live TV service divorced from the more Netflix like service it primarily is.

Of course, this will be followed by the inevitable future of all these services becoming bundled again (possibly because Disney ends up owning it all), at which point the re-invention of cable tv will be complete.

• Haha 1

I still don't understand why you can't sign up for the ad-free Hulu as part of something like the Disney+ bundle, even if it would cost a few more dollars than the bundle that comes with the ad-supported Hulu. Is it because Disney and Comcast can't agree on how to split up the payment when it comes in via Disney instead of directly through Hulu?

On 11/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, Jason said:

I still don't understand why you can't sign up for the ad-free Hulu as part of something like the Disney+ bundle, even if it would cost a few more dollars than the bundle that comes with the ad-supported Hulu. Is it because Disney and Comcast can't agree on how to split up the payment when it comes in via Disney instead of directly through Hulu?

That seems like a reasonable possibility. Personally, I have Disney+ and Ad-free hulu. I'd consider the bundle for a couple bucks.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, Jason said:

There should be one. I have it. I had Hulu ad free separately but got an email about a new bundle with ad free Hulu. Canceled Hulu and switched to the bundle.