Experts say the Queen is entering hibernation for the winter, as queens do.

Jason

55 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Not gonna lie, I am really looking forward to the procedural stuff that comes out after QE2's death. It just seems like such a big, monumental event for such a small, unimportant country, that I'm eager to experience it!

Price Charles is pretty old too.  I wouldn't be surprised if he dies or abdicates the throne in the next 20 years, making his dorky son the king.  

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

Not gonna lie, I am really looking forward to the procedural stuff that comes out after QE2's death. It just seems like such a big, monumental event for such a small, unimportant country, that I'm eager to experience it!

Think Boris has a "Hyde Park Corner" code name for the moment? 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, CayceG said:

211113101208-tower-bridge-london-super-t
EDITION.CNN.COM

Tourists are returning to Europe, but the UK tourism sector has crashed due...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
_124653789_hi067265175.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

It will be the first time she has missed the event since 1963, with Prince Charles delivering her speech.

The Queen has pulled out of this year's State Opening of Parliament and the reading of the Queen's speech, Buckingham Palace has announced.

This will be the first time since 1963 that the Queen will have missed this constitutional ceremony, which sets out the government's legislative plans.

Prince Charles will deliver the speech on Tuesday for the Queen.

The 96-year-old monarch has mobility problems and has had to cancel a number of recent public appearances.

Until Monday evening Buckingham Palace had been saying the Queen hoped to attend, but has now confirmed she will not go the ceremony in Westminster, because of "episodic mobility problems".

A statement said the Queen, in consultation with her doctors, had reluctantly decided not to attend the State Opening.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a sample of the comments from the ResetERA thread:

The animation on the queen is very good.

The tech on the Queen is pretty good. Doesn't match up to a real person like Paddington but pretty close.

This is a really bizarre Weekend At Bernie's situation

Sorry but what is going on with the Queen here, something uncanny valley about it

Looks like the Beeb couldn't afford to enable ultra and had to settle for optimised settings.

There is absolutely no way that some of those shots of the Queen aren't in some way enhanced with CG.

I’ve never heard of an occasion where they’ve de-aged a monarch, but there’s always a first time.

It’s so lifelike. The animators have done a tremendous job.

Paddington looks good too.

Weird that the human is the one that seems completely robotic in a scene with a CGI bear.

A venerable icon, seven decades of service beloved by all. And the Queen.

• Haha 2