Peloton invents cycling to work.

Jason

peloton-commucycle-could-make-your-drive
WWW.AUTOEVOLUTION.COM

Because of the ongoing health crisis, the average day of the modern human no longer includes a trip to the office. Yet, even back in the days when people used to make the journey from their home to their place of work, they usually took the easy way out.

While this idea is unbelievably dumb, it’s not the same thing as riding your bike to work.  In theory it’s supposed to let you work out be it on a stationary bike or lifting weights or whatever on your commute regardless of weather or distance.  I can’t just bike my 40 minute drive to work no matter how nice it is outside or how dank my ebike is, but this would let me work out for 80 minutes a day while I was driven there instead.  

It’s still idiotic, if you can afford to use this stupid thing you absolutely have an hour of your day to spare working out.  

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

Every few months a tech company announces they have some genius new invention that will revolutionize the world, and it's just something like, a bus or streetcar or juicer with wifi. 

I just saw an ad for Kuerig’s latest coffee maker that scans your pod to find out what variety it is, then brews it “optimally” according to the manufacturer’s settings. Getting optimal coffee from a Kuerig is an oxymoron. Oh cool, you can use your phone to brew your coffee? What good is that if you don’t have a robot butler to bring it to you? 

Ok check this out to solve the shower issue with this what if it had retractable water proof lining that covered everything including the windows so you couldn’t see in. Then you just go in, put your clothes in the bin, and it pours water on you, then you get dressed, get out, and retract. 

7 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Every few months a tech company announces they have some genius new invention that will revolutionize the world, and it's just something like, a bus or streetcar or juicer with wifi. 

I remember the segway hype, that shit was lol, then it was just amazing when the guy who invented it drove one off a cliff and died.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

Look so I have a segway in my apartment. But I have never actually ridden it anywhere. I tried the set up for like 5 minutes and instantly felt like the entire thing was a horrible idea and would only lead to pain and abandoned the idea. I don’t drive and it was on sale so I thought it would be worth trying but just no, the electric bike makes so much more sense. I’ve refused to sell or give it away and instead proudly display it in my living room as a piece of modern art.

4 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

I remember the segway hype, that shit was lol, then it was just amazing when the guy who invented it drove one off a cliff and died.

Just to be clear, it wasn't the inventor and founder who died (Dean Kamen), it was some other guy who later bought the company. Dean Kamen (the inventor) is still alive.

Also, while Kamen gets (deserved) flack for the segway overhype, he is actually a brilliant man who has done wonders in the field of mobility (such as self-balancing wheelchair systems, etc).

22 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I just saw an ad for Kuerig’s latest coffee maker that scans your pod to find out what variety it is, then brews it “optimally” according to the manufacturer’s settings. Getting optimal coffee from a Kuerig is an oxymoron. Oh cool, you can use your phone to brew your coffee? What good is that if you don’t have a robot butler to bring it to you? 

I'm always entertained by Facebook ads for some new gadget that makes regular everyday stuff worse or weirder.  I keep seeing this toaster oven that lets you scan the barcode on food to optimally cook it.  But it's not like it scans the stuff you pick up at Kroger, no that would be kind of cool and harder to implement, it scans the barcode of the stuff you get from their meal subscription service.

I never understood the SodaStream, you have to keep compressed CO2 around and this kitchen gadget to make a bottle of Coke at home.

41 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I'm always entertained by Facebook ads for some new gadget that makes regular everyday stuff worse or weirder.  I keep seeing this toaster oven that lets you scan the barcode on food to optimally cook it.  But it's not like it scans the stuff you pick up at Kroger, no that would be kind of cool and harder to implement, it scans the barcode of the stuff you get from their meal subscription service.

I never understood the SodaStream, you have to keep compressed CO2 around and this kitchen gadget to make a bottle of Coke at home.

The other fun coffee thing I’ve seen recently was a “system” you subscribe to. They send you a scale and a bag of coffee. Store the bag on the wi-if enabled scale, and it automatically ships your next freshly roasted order when your bag gets to the exact right weight so you never run out. 

Or, I don’t know, just buy coffee when you’re running low?

• Shocked 1

On 11/17/2021 at 4:42 AM, Anathema- said:

This is an even more underbaked idea than those two dumbasses who thought vending machines could replace bodegas. I don't even know where to begin and so I refuse. 

I forgot about that.

bodega-0.jpg?w=1200&strip=all
VENTUREBEAT.COM

Hear from CIOs, CTOs, and other C-level and senior execs on data and AI strategies at the Future...

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

How the fuck you gonna name yourself Bodega and not have a Bodega cat.

Can't be done.

4 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

So they tried to invent... vending machines?

In Japan, they already have vending machines on every block. They've had that for decades. Vending machines for snacks, vending machines for drinks, vending machines for beer, vending machines for cigarettes, etc.

53 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

So they tried to invent... vending machines?

In Japan, they already have vending machines on every block. They've had that for decades. Vending machines for snacks, vending machines for drinks, vending machines for beer, vending machines for cigarettes, etc.

I had to look and lol

Bizarre-Vending-Machines-in-Japan.png
EXPERTWORLDTRAVEL.COM

Japan is renowned for being a little on the eccentric side and these bizarre vending machines are just one example.